New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Hello my fellow tsikoters

would you mind sharing your insights on why ladies in the Philippines are proud to be a single mom? (except to those ladies who their partner died, thus the reason why they are single moms)

i know majority of members here are men, but still what can you say?

i just want to be enlightened with this topic, in america, men are forced by government to provide financial support to their child in-case they separate via automatic salary deduction...

but here in the Philippines there is no such thing, i even hear from girls that they don't mind if the guy will not provide financial support (win x2 for the men and since he can get away with it, why not do it again!)

i want to find out why this is the trend because in the future, these children raised by single parent might be our next headache leaders because they were not raised in balance by a father and a mother...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Where do you meet these women?

I've never met any single mom that is proud of their situation. On the contrary, I do know women who take tons of sh1t, nagtiis, wag lang masabing broken family.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    I know someone, nung kabataan nya nabuntis sya ng bf nyang seaman and during that time nakakapag japan sya at may kaluhuan ang lifestyle nya kaya mataas ang ere. Niyaya sya ng bf nyang magpakasal dahil nga buntis, ayaw nya kesyo hindi nya raw kelangan ng asawa...anak lang daw!
    After several years, hindi na sya nakaalis, in other words gutom na! Napilitan syang mag-Dubai as househelper. Now, ang lagi ng laman ng FB nya puro bitterness sa buhay kesyo ang hirap daw maging single mom! 😄
    Minsan naka-chat ko, sabi ko bakit ka naghahanap ng makakapartner now, akala ko ba anak lang gusto mo? Sagot sa akin....noon yun bata pa ako!
    In other words, katwirang bata lang yang "anak lang gusto" kahit nung HS ako dami ko naringgan classmate na babae ganyan pangangatwiran 😄 yung iba naging single mom nga, now puro din bitterness sa buhay ang laman ng FB 😄 hirap kaya walang kapartner sa pagpapalaki ng anak at nagsosolo sa pagtanda.

sent from my Nokia 3210i

4. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Where do you meet these women?

I've never met any single mom that is proud of their situation. On the contrary, I do know women who take tons of sh1t, nagtiis, wag lang masabing broken family.

call centers/BPO, various dating websites... single moms as early as 18 (18 is the minimum age allowed by the website)

well i agree with your outlook in life, but there is a saying "kung ano mali, siya masarap!" with this, could this be the reason why they are proud?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Mentis View Post
    I know someone, nung kabataan nya nabuntis sya ng bf nyang seaman and during that time nakakapag japan sya at may kaluhuan ang lifestyle nya kaya mataas ang ere. Niyaya sya ng bf nyang magpakasal dahil nga buntis, ayaw nya kesyo hindi nya raw kelangan ng asawa...anak lang daw!
    After several years, hindi na sya nakaalis, in other words gutom na! Napilitan syang mag-Dubai as househelper. Now, ang lagi ng laman ng FB nya puro bitterness sa buhay kesyo ang hirap daw maging single mom! 😄
    Minsan naka-chat ko, sabi ko bakit ka naghahanap ng makakapartner now, akala ko ba anak lang gusto mo? Sagot sa akin....noon yun bata pa ako!
    In other words, katwirang bata lang yang "anak lang gusto" kahit nung HS ako dami ko naringgan classmate na babae ganyan pangangatwiran 😄 yung iba naging single mom nga, now puro din bitterness sa buhay ang laman ng FB 😄 hirap kaya walang kapartner sa pagpapalaki ng anak at nagsosolo sa pagtanda.

sent from my Nokia 3210i
    i can relate with this, i had an experience with a girl that i like in the office but she only wanted a child lang daw, no relationships... so she turned down on me... so ganun nga nangyari, single mom na siya and proud na proud pa... i transfered office and no longer have info about her, but today i checked her FB (last update about her was 5 years ago) and shes with a lesbo!

what could be the reasoning behind this?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    You need to put it in the proper context.

I know a few women who are single moms. Most aren't proud of the circumstances leading up to them becoming single parents. But what makes them proud is that, even alone, they try very hard to give their children a decent living. Most single parents tends to be more assertive decision makers and more resilient at dealing with problems.... they've had a lot of practice raising their child.

It's never ideal for the child under these circumstances, of course, but these single parents have to work with the cards they're dealt with, even if it was through their own doing. I mean, do they have a choice?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    i want to find out why this is the trend because in the future, these children raised by single parent might be our next headache leaders because they were not raised in balance by a father and a mother...
    what a stupid thing to say!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    They're proud because they're able to raise their child on their own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I think it is selfish to actively put a child in this world without a father. Kung hindi kailangan ng babae ng asawa, ang bata kailangan ng tatay.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    You need to put it in the proper context.

I know a few women who are single moms. Most aren't proud of the circumstances leading up to them becoming single parents. But what makes them proud is that, even alone, they try very hard to give their children a decent living. Most single parents tends to be more assertive decision makers and more resilient at dealing with problems.... they've had a lot of practice raising their child.

It's never ideal for the child under these circumstances, of course, but these single parents have to work with the cards they're dealt with, even if it was through their own doing. I mean, do they have a choice?
    i see, im just wondering why these single moms are proud not to want to have child support from the father with excuses like the father is useless, lazy, no money and is a headache...

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast