New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I can't understand this. Why do people who own low-end cars (myself included) complain when their cars are used as taxicabs?

This was Honda's strategy; they let you sign an agreement barring you from using their cars as taxicabs, and fool you into that "prestige" bull$hit that's nonexistent in the first place.

Take the Vios owners. When Vioses (Vioii?) were used as taxis everyone complained. What's the big deal? Did the car suddenly lose its "prestige"? Did it have it in the first place? In thailand the Altis is used as taxi...

I think pinoys put too much emphasis on the "projection of outward looks", pakitang-tao.
    Last edited by Psylocke; May 22nd, 2005 at 03:00 PM.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    only in the philippines

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    true. only in da pilipins. masyado tayong nag-iinarte with regards to that.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its a point of prestige of owning a car that is not used as a taxi.

Actually the same thing happened in Singapore when a taxi company used M.Benz units as taxicabs. A lot of people who owned Benzs complained.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    ok yan ah MB na taxi?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    sa europe, dami ganun diba? ;)

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    cars are viewed as a status symbol in our wonderful paradise.. so kapag ginamit as public utility nababawasan ang pagka -"class"..kaya sabihin ng mga friends mo "ahaha taxi pala kotse mo!" lumalabas tuloy ang isang hindi magandang trait ng pinoy, mapanglait at napaka prejudice , sa totoo lang..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i personally dont mind..pinoy mentality nga, tsktsk.

ot: kotse ko marami kamukha na manila water service cars. hehehe
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Pinoys are a superficial lot. We are easily swept away by trends, and we put a premium on image, oftentimes sacrificing practicality and principle in the process. It's sad. We have so easily embraced Western materialism. Tsk.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Even here in KSA where I'm working, Toyota Camrys, Nissan Maxima/Cefiro, Mitsubishi Galant and even a Chevy Caprice and Ford Crown Victorias(w/c have V8 engines) are being used as taxis and people don't care a lot if your car model is being used as taxis!
    Onli in the Philippines!
    Can't help but feel disgusted about that mentality!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Why do people hate it when their car model is used as taxi