New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Who makes better drivers??

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Boys

5 62.50%
  • Girls

1 12.50%
  • Same

2 25.00%
  • No opinion

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    [SIZE="4"]Who makes better drivers? Boys or Girls?[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I think the answer is obvious.

I do.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I think the answer is obvious.

I do.

the better driver is ..... your wife

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Guys.

They're more aggressive and gets less nervous if ever they face unexpected things.

Girls are somewhat inclined on the careless side.

But that's subjective.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    my mum has better braking skills than my dad
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you're saying guys are better than girls, you obviously haven't seen Sabin Schmidt or Vicki Butler-Henderson drive.

The truth of the matter... guys are more spatially inclined than women, but in terms of reactions and judgement, girls can do just as well as guys. There are less girls in racing because girls are usually physically smaller and less able to bulk up than guys... and racing really does require strength.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    the better driver is ..... your wife
    Though she hates my driving, she admits she might be worse if she ever tries... I've been trying to give her driving lessons for years... yet she doesn't want to drive on our local roads.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    I've been trying to give her driving lessons for years... yet she doesn't want to drive on our local roads.
    maybe she wants it in a proper road... circuit that is

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    It's a dead heat in terms of ability. Guys have greater potential for spatial awareness, supposedly because of our prehistoric roots as hunters that made it a requirement. However Niky mentioned two great examples of women who have made a career out of competitive or performance driving. Danica Patrick of the Indy Racing League (ChampCar) is another. Girls can make up for it with practice, experience and skill.

Just as being a guy doesn't automatically make you a better driver despite the potential, being female shouldn't necessarily be a hindrance either. It's what you do with what you're given that counts.

My younger sister is quite handy behind the wheel - at the point where she carries more speed on highways than I do. Conversely, there are quite a number of guys who cannot return a decent time on a trackday, even with better hardware.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    apparently, female pilots are also better...

since they tend to have faster reactions and are more consistent in the long run...

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Van

Nurburgring

Girl

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KiC03_wVjc"]YouTube- Sabine Schmitz's Nurburgring Van challenge part 2 - Top Gear - BBC[/ame]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Who makes better drivers? Boys or Girls?