New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    You don't become world famous without pushing the envelope.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I like Clarkson, very entertaining. Of course, he's the most opinionated motoring personality that ever lived so you really have to take his statements with a grain of salt.

Top Gear wouldn't be Top Gear if it was Hammond, May, and Tiff hosting.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    i watch topgear because of his antics, like fording the ford fiesta on the beach as if it is an assault amphibious vehicle heck with british commandos on board, but he is a racist fool. the fifth gear guy tiff gives good reviews, but he is just plane boring to watch, boss niky's reply here in this forum is much more exciting to read than watching tiff.

if i want a plain unbiased professional review, i'd pm boss nicky than start a thread and i seriously consider the boss's opinion

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    i watch topgear because of his antics, like fording the ford fiesta on the beach as if it is an assault amphibious vehicle heck with british commandos on board, but he is a racist fool. the fifth gear guy tiff gives good reviews, but he is just plane boring to watch, boss niky's reply here in this forum is much more exciting to read than watching tiff.

if i want a plain unbiased professional review, i'd pm boss nicky than start a thread and i seriously consider the boss's opinion
    Hahaha... here, I try to give all the facts from all sides... but come review time... there's no such thing as unbiased...

A car review is a subjective thing... what's "comfortable" or "fast" or "exciting" or "relaxing" to one reviewer isn't to another. I try to present an unbiased opinion, as much as possible, but in the end... if I really like a car, even if it is a terrible POS... I really like it...

Review: 2012 Suzuki Jimny, Philippine Spec, Tested In The Philippines | The Truth About Cars

You can be factual... entirely subjective, and entertaining. Sometimes... just sometimes Clarkson forgets the first part. :p Tiff is a better judge of car dynamics and driving at the limit... but Clarkson is a better presenter and journalist.

Still... Neither is quite as easy on the eyes as Vicki Butler-Henderson.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Hahaha... here, I try to give all the facts from all sides... but come review time... there's no such thing as unbiased...

A car review is a subjective thing... what's "comfortable" or "fast" or "exciting" or "relaxing" to one reviewer isn't to another. I try to present an unbiased opinion, as much as possible, but in the end... if I really like a car, even if it is a terrible POS... I really like it...

Review: 2012 Suzuki Jimny, Philippine Spec, Tested In The Philippines | The Truth About Cars

You can be factual... entirely subjective, and entertaining. Sometimes... just sometimes Clarkson forgets the first part. :p Tiff is a better judge of car dynamics and driving at the limit... but Clarkson is a better presenter and journalist.

ot boss, see even the foreigners appreciate your reviews, even one wants to visit our country, this makes me think about what i pm'ed to you earlier

you made my mind go crazy hahahaha it became a 3 tier tapos that night napalipat pa sa ch9 (same night i viewed the boss's response) were talking about it and then james deakin was reviewing the said vehicle hahahahahahahaha call it a coincidence

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    The Clarkson Effect

Like him or not, some of his reviews do affect car sales in their home country.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    The Clarkson Effect

Like him or not, some of his reviews do affect car sales in their home country.
    kahit ako muntik na mapabili ng ford fiesta eh based doon sa ginawa niya.

then i woke up, i do not need such vehicle.(test drove one, lot of blind spot, maybe because it's too low- hindi sanay, side mirror is just too small, rear window is just too small, rear view mirror is too small- im not bashing it, it's a good car- mt tranny only)- but the agent was happy since my attention went to the explorer and i bought one eventually(since during that time daming ek ek ng dealer sa explorer)
    Last edited by victorevolution; October 5th, 2014 at 12:42 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    A car review is a subjective thing... what's "comfortable" or "fast" or "exciting" or "relaxing" or "a clutch that can survive the apocalypse" to one reviewer isn't to another. I try to present an unbiased opinion, as much as possible, but in the end... if I really like a car, even if it is a terrible POS... I really like it...
    fixed
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008

Specially when Tiff is driving and Vicki is hanging on for dear life. :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Who likes Jeremy Clarkson? :)