New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Alam ko na hindi na common mangolekta ng plaka nowadays. However, I am still keeping some new wave vinyl records with me. There are times na pini play ko yun at tinititigan ko yung mga sleeves pag inaalala ko yung 80s era. May mga times na bumibili pa din ako from ebay.

Just want to know if somebody here in tsikot still collects/keeps vinyl records.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    we still have vinyls of the beatles and other oldies.. Long Playing and the smaller ones.. we also have the Jollibee and the Voltes V Long Playing Vinyls..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    My dad has a room just for audio. Tons of vinyl records, vacuum amps, Sonus Faber speakers, Clear Audio LP player w/ balancers on each end, etc...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    my dad still keeps that huge wooden enclosed with matching curtain stereo with some veeeeeeery old classics....my personal fave..Sue Thompson's and Connie Francis'...

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    My dad has a room just for audio. Tons of vinyl records, vacuum amps, Sonus Faber speakers, Clear Audio LP player w/ balancers on each end, etc...
    your dad's an audiophile. the best combination: vacuum tube amp and vinyl records, nothing can compare to the sounds. tsalap, tsalap

goldencoil Alam ko na hindi na common mangolekta ng plaka nowadays. However, I am still keeping some new wave vinyl records with me. There are times na pini play ko yun at tinititigan ko yung mga sleeves pag inaalala ko yung 80s era. May mga times na bumibili pa din ako from ebay.

Just want to know if somebody here in tsikot still collects/keeps vinyl records.
    i have some collections too but have not push through with the crazy hobby.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Vinyl records is still much better compared to the sound of those from the CDs. Kaya naman, may mga Discos na may gumagamit pa ng mga vinyl up to now. Iba yung "kalansing" ng trebel sound na galing sa vinyl, sompared sa CD.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    Vinyl records is still much better compared to the sound of those from the CDs. Kaya naman, may mga Discos na may gumagamit pa ng mga vinyl up to now. Iba yung "kalansing" ng trebel sound na galing sa vinyl, sompared sa CD.
    Yup, we have tons of records here at home, including the 2 big albums of Spandau Ballet. Now if only may mahanap na parts for our Technics turntable.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Asus700 View Post
    your dad's an audiophile. the best combination: vacuum tube amp and vinyl records, nothing can compare to the sounds. tsalap, tsalap

i have some collections too but have not push through with the crazy hobby.
    Yeah, he is. He used to frequent the Audiophile shop in National BS sa Q. Ave. noon and brought me along nung bata pa ako (grabbing a sandwich sa Bread Connection to my delight).

I remember the first time I heard Pat Coil's "Steps" (Sheffield labs). Ang linaw!

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Yeah, he is. He used to frequent the Audiophile shop in National BS sa Q. Ave. noon and brought me along nung bata pa ako (grabbing a sandwich sa Bread Connection to my delight).

I remember the first time I heard Pat Coil's "Steps" (Sheffield labs). Ang linaw!
    i have this record too, though in CD. ganda pakinggan yang title na yan.

is your dad here in pinas or in the states? how old is he? malinaw pa ba pangdinig? hehe

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Oo naman, he's here with us visiting. Uwi kami June 10th

I too have the CD version, even the other Pat Coil albums.

I remember minsan paulit ulit niya pinapakinggan yung mga favorite albums niya. Sila Janis Ian, Claire Marlo, etc hehe. Too many to remember! I recall he has this LP cleaner too na may vacuum/suction slit where he turns the record like a turn table pero the machine sucks the dirt (with matching cleaning agent, alcohol based ba yun?)...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Who has a vinyl records collection here?