New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hmm...

I used to drive a white car (Corolla) and now drive a blue pick up (HiLux).

I think size is the key.

When I was driving around in the Corolla, it was a 50-50 thing when it came to how drivers treat you.

If you drive too defensively, they bully you. If you drive aggressively, they tend to give you a little more distance plus, you can easily outrun the buggers once you get on a clear stretch of road.

With my HiLux, people are more cautious around me and give me respectable distance when applicable.

My rig is set up with an ARB winch bumper with side rails and steps. I also added aggressive tires which peek out the side and lifted it by 2 inches.

My current config also helps with others being cautious around me since in an accident, they will suffer the damage and I can drive away with at the very least, a few scratches.

Another plus is that it helps ward off the bullies, even the pesky buses evade when I don't give way since they will be damaged and all I need is touch up paint after the fact.

I've also heard stories of all vehicles avoiding or distancing themselves from a Hummer H1 along EDSA.

I'll confirm the last one once I get one

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    By the way, with regards mbeige's reply, I remember reading an article (possibly the same one?) that silver cars are more visible.

Some people find this to be a shocker since they figure that white is a visible as it gets.

This is true here and in other tropical countries, but in countries that experieince snow fall, a white vehicle will totally blend in with the surroundings.

Silver is the more visible color choice for almost all conditions since they are easily seen in day time and reflect some light at night making them more visible to other motorists.

Darker colors are harder to see in low light conditions so it's a no brainer that they didn't make the most visible list.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    I've read somewhere that silver cars are actually the safest. I think white was third. Brown being the last.
    I agree with this... may nabasa ako sa isang car magazine na silver cars are safest on the road... lalo na kapag GABI. Hehe

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
White vs. Dark-Color Cars