New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Originally posted by odell
    [/B] kick out ako ng st. jude [/B]
    Goodjob!

Seriously, I also come from a Chinese family and can't imagine myself learning Mandarin and Fukien without living with people who use the language.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    if you have cable, manood ka rin ng chinese channels and try to figure out what they're talking about

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    I think it's like a sort of learning a programming language lang rin...

You first start with 'Hello World'... and so on..

4. Join Date
    May 2004

5. Join Date
    May 2004

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    batch '91 ako...

the best bet talaga is to keep on practicing it..

for a few months i was assigned in jakarta last '97.. got to learn their language (bahasa indonesia)... but ever since i got back here in manila... nawala na hehe...

kailangan talaga is you practice everyday...

kaya nga d best is if you study in china.. aside from the formal learning of the language sa classroom, you're right smack in the country so talagang ma pra practice mo yung tinuturo.. pwera na lang kung puro kayo pinoy na classmate mo at malamang na puro kayo din ang magkakasama sama sa mga lakaran...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i agree with wowiesy
    my sis will be heading to china next month to study mandarin.. im just not sure which school hehehe
    it really is a good investment because aside from being taught the language, you will be immersed in a place where no one speaks your native tongue and hence, you will be forced to use what you have learned. Better if you could go there and live for 2 years but in lieu of that, studying theres the next best thing

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMO walang kwenta masyado schools other than teaching you the basics... To be able to converse well, you need to use the language.

Ako I used to speak fluent Cantonese (I'm from HK), Mandarin (due to school) and Fookien (again, sa school)... Araw araw ginagamit yung 3 dialects.

After I moved to Brent, wala na ako kausap na Fookien and Mandarin. Sa bahay I still speak Cantonese with family kaya ok pa, I watch quite a bit of Mandarin movies kaya di din nawala. But Fookien ko I forgot most of it in a span of a year and a half or so, basta before I graduated grade 12 wala na akong alam sa Fookien.

Yung maid namin dati dinala namin sa HK, in a year's time, she can speak Cantonese well enough to watch TV and converse in everyday tasks.

If you don't use it, you'll never learn it.

Kaya daming di marunong mag English (salita) sa Pinas kahit magaling magsulat or makinig... Di ginagamit eh.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Im half chinese. Mother ko chinese kaya marunong ako nung nabubuhay sya kaso nung nawala na wala na akong makausap sa bahay, Mga relatives ko di ko naman masyado makausap.

Kaya ngayon di ko na alam papaano magsalita, gusto ko din sana matuto ulit.

Papaano kaya na, I can afford lang dito sa Manila.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Magtawagan kayo araw-araw ni theveed.

Alam ko dati tambayan ng matatanda sa Maxim's Ongpin, walang ginawa yugn matatanda dun kundi magkwntuhan tuwing umaga. You could join them and sit in. :D

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Where to study mandarin?