New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    hello all,

san po makakabili ng superworms, the type used for making compost?

i contacted a seller a few years ago, pero medyo naturn off ako -- sometime during our conversation nabanggit niya that he fed his worms spaghetti(i'm getting these are table scraps) from the palengke. concern ko kasi baka me sakit pa akong makuha since these are tira tira of (possibly sick) people

tia

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hinde yata superworm tawag dyan ang superworm is yun color yellow na kinakain sa fear factor...and yun pinapakain sa isda...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    kulay yellow? pinapakain sa isda? baka mealworms yun sir.

african nightcrawlers ata ung official name niya.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^meal worm yun maliliit, yun malalaki super worm... ito pics

ito yun hinahanap mo...anyway, tanong ka sa mga nagbebenta ng plants sigurado alam nila san makakakuha...
    Last edited by shadow; December 4th, 2007 at 10:55 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yun scrap na pinapakain ok lang naman yata eh, anyway mga bulok din naman ipapakain mo diba...and within 24 hrs yata i-poop na nila yun kinain so, pag kuha mo then 2-5 days na pakain eh huwag mo i harvest yun poop nila so sigurado ka malinis na....

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yup, ung nasa palm ng mama ung hinahanap ko B)

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Eh sa compost mo din naman gagamitin at sa lupa din naman titira yan eh. As long as you're careful handling, I doubt it'll be contagious or something -- pero nagfi-fishing ako and I handle worms with my bare hands kaya baka biased ako. hehehe. Pero siyempre hugas agad after ha -- yung ala surgeon.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yes you can handle clean worm with bare hands, clean meaning they are free of contaminants, and are grown organically.

heres a home cara/ home project you could do to keep your garbage earth friendly.

1. make use of a big plastic container, bore some holes below it, bore some holes on the cover as well, for oxigenation purposes.
    2. put a platform about an inch tall below, then fill it with old shedded newspaper, make sure that you use the black and white part of the newspaper and not the colored one.
    3. fill in some fresh soil
    4. add your worms, mix it with your hands, avoid using tools for this might cut the woms, add water to hydrate the mixture.
    5. you can put your old vegetables, fruits peels, leaves of the fruits here, squeeze out the water if the are wet, damp are ok
    6. cover and wait for the worms to work.
    7. this wont smell, and you can keep on adding your vegetable throwaways daily
    8. dont put old meat, fat, anything that has and produces blood including squids and other seafood, egg shells are ok, coffee grounds are good.
    9. after a few month you will have nice fertile soil, you can take some out and use them add another batch of paper shreds, vegetables and fruits.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ung worry ko is ung contractible diseases like hepa, stds, etc. that could be present in the saliva. pag pinakain ung scraps na me laway, e baka makahawa sa maghahandle sa kanila

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    ung worry ko is ung contractible diseases like hepa, stds, etc. that could be present in the saliva. pag pinakain ung scraps na me laway, e baka makahawa sa maghahandle sa kanila
    AFAIK, pag naghugas ka ala surgeon, mawawala na yun. Besides you can always use plastic gloves.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
where to get superworms