New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    mods, pakilipat na lang sa tamang forum if needed....

Ano ba ung magandang SOP if you're the designated driver, and you end up getting drunk(assuming you still have the presence of mind to realize that you're drunk, and shouldn't be driving)?

- Of course tatawag ka ng taxi, but what about your car? Do establishments usually allow you to park overnight?

- Call a towing service to tow you home, or at least tow your car someplace where it won't be impounded/tirelocked?

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Good question.

For me, I should think beforehand on the venue, time and consequence so that it would be easier to decide on what to do.

There are bars that have safe overnight parking or you can pay the security guard on-duty till morning to look after your ride.

Mahal ang towing eh not to mention the possible dings or scratches that might appear in the morning due to a careless tower.

my :twocents:

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    oh yeseriiiii, i can still drive even if im drunk, and tow service is a big no no no no to me.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by underman View Post
    oh yeseriiiii, i can still drive even if im drunk, and tow service is a big no no no no to me.
    bro, i respect your point pero hindi mo ba na isip ang pwedeng magyari at maaaring maperwisyo mo kung nakadisgrasya ka? kung senglot ka na better wag kang mag drive, or kung talagang gusto mong magdrive pa uwi wag ka nang uminom ng alak.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    in other words, don't drive drunk or maybe just drink coffee or coke. caffeine does stimulate the CNS. on top of that, maybe chew something with menthol since it's also a neurostimulant
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Go sa place in a taxi or better yet, makisabay pauwi sa non-drinker friend.

Or the best- quit drinking. The best advice.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Well generally you shouldn't jump right in to your car when you've conciously realized you're drunk and may not be capable of driving. Your best bet is to stay where you are, find a place to drink water, coffee, chew gum, or something else to eventually get you to a state where you'll be able to drive.

If you're just in someone else's house, try taking a nap there first.

If you're in some bar or some commercial place, you can generally observe whether it's safe to leave your car behind or not and ride a cab home. If you are capable of transferring your car to a safer parking space not too far away, then that could be an option too.

Definitely I would most likely not have it towed, it's going to be too much hassle to do that, not to mention coordinating it since you are.. drunk. The only time you'd most likely need a towing service is when you've hit an accident!

Fro me, I've been able to know my threshold when it's time to stop drinking more than I can handle.
    Last edited by kotiko; March 4th, 2010 at 01:50 PM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by underman View Post
    Dumb answer. Please post here when you will be going out drinking and so members here and my family members can avoid the area you will be at and save their life. I have a cousin who thinks just like you and one day he woke up from his drunken state with his Galant wrapped around a telephone pole in Manila. He was lucky he didn't kill himself and even luckier that he didn't kill anyone else innocent of his stupidity. Frankly speaking you could kill yourself driving drunk I would just consider it natures way of getting rid of stupid people but taking another life that has nothing to do with your decision to be stupid is another matter all together. Obviously you've never had to deal with losing someone because a drunk driver killed them.
    Last edited by redorange; March 4th, 2010 at 01:35 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Pag lasing at walang pag-asang maka-recover,- mag-taxi o magpasundo na lang....

9404:vader:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kung mag drive.. stop drinking mga 1 to 1.5 hours bago kayo umalis.. hilamos nang hot water.. tapos black coffee... pero kung malayo pa uuwian.. delikado.. kasi usually ang kalaban dyan eh antok naman.. so ingat lang po.. pag mag drive.. wag na lang uminom..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
when you find yourself drunk...