New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I visit my Lola's grave every time I feel downtrotten. I was feeling exactly like this when I visited my Lola's grave on Monday this week. As was my habit, I would pass by my "suki" flower vendor near the gate of the memorial park to buy flowers for my Lola. Since I was a regular "suki", they are already familiar with me as to what flowers I buy that I don't even have to get out of the car. I just roll out my window and they would give my usual order then I pay.

When I was about to leave, the manang asked me to wait a while then when she returned, she handed me 3 red roses. I was dumbfounded for a while but I managed to say thank you. While I was entering the cemetery, it hit me - what a kind gesture from somebody of meager means. That is what made it extraordinary. That moment she was the bigger person than I because I was on the receiving end of her generosity. It moved me to tears.

There are times when I seem to just have it with people - rudeness, discourtesy, lies, deceit, vulgarity and immorality. I think my Lola spoke to me with those 3 red roses that I should not lose hope - to see the good and not start relations from the viewpoint of distrust. It is random acts of kindness like this that renew my faith in the innate goodness of the human heart.

When was the last time you experienced a random act of kindness, please share your stories.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    " never expect people to be like you " that's how i approach my day to day life so i dont ever get disappointed or frustrated but still i do have faith in human kindness

Most recent random act of kindness was the lady at the mall holding the parking door for me seeing i was holding 2 paper bags thats about to rip apart and my daugther on the other hand that was pretty random and unexpected specially here in the PI ....

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzie View Post
    " never expect people to be like you " that's how i approach my day to day life so i dont ever get disappointed or frustrated but still i do have faith in human kindness
    WOW! I get this all the time from my friends, that I shouldn't expect people to think like me. I really should learn to accept that my values and sensibilities are out of season so that I won't be disappointed all the time :task2:

But there are still a lot of kind people

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I visit my Lola's grave every time I feel downtrotten. I was feeling exactly like this when I visited my Lola's grave on Monday this week. As was my habit, I would pass by my "suki" flower vendor near the gate of the memorial park to buy flowers for my Lola. Since I was a regular "suki", they are already familiar with me as to what flowers I buy that I don't even have to get out of the car. I just roll out my window and they would give my usual order then I pay.

When I was about to leave, the manang asked me to wait a while then when she returned, she handed me 3 red roses. I was dumbfounded for a while but I managed to say thank you. While I was entering the cemetery, it hit me - what a kind gesture from somebody of meager means. That is what made it extraordinary. That moment she was the bigger person than I because I was on the receiving end of her generosity. It moved me to tears.
    WOW, you have a secret admirer.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    This morning out of frustration I went down and clean the car, to weed out the disappointment. As usual malinis na ang parking area pag baba ko, Manong Jo ang kabitbahay kong naka tira sa squatters area. He always cleans my parking area kahit wala ako na mag aabot sa kanya ng pera.

So I cleaned the car, check the engine and the aux fan then bought a juice and waited for Manong Jo to come out so I can give it to him and some change. I was so disappointed this morning that I decided to just sit down let the time fly and quit thinking. 30mins later I saw Manong Jo, I wave signaling him to come to me. Gave the juice and change to him, to my surprise ayaw nyang inumin dapat share daw kami. So kinalahati ko ang juice ang gave it to him and let go of him after some nice chat, then bigla nya akong tinawag so I have to lift the rollup again buti na lang di pa ako naka akyat.

To my surprise Manong Jo went to 7Eleven and bought me Ice cream pala! I told him... "Boss pambili mo ng pagkain yun!" And he just said... "Hinde boss ok lang ako, para naman ako naman ang may maibigay sayo." The burden that I was carrying was lifted from me on that act of kindness from a man na walang-wala talaga. Most of the time Manong Jo only eat 1 time a day, kaya parati ko syang inaabutan when I have a chance.

So we chatted ang laughed for 30 more mins, while I'm eating the ice cream he gave.
    Last edited by CoDer; March 17th, 2013 at 01:41 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Iyan ang sinabi ko sa isa naming dating kasama na hindi mo mapagli-libre....

"Alam mo, bro.- sa lahat ng mga kasama ko rito sa trabaho,- ikaw ang gustung-gusto kong palaging ilibre. Alam mo kung bakit? Sabi kasi ng Pari sa kanyang sermon sa misa,- gumawa ka ng kabutihan sa mga taong hindi makakaganti ng kabutihan sa iyo, sapagka't ang iyong biyaya ay manggagaling sa langit"

Tawanan na lang ang mga kasama namin.... Iyong tao,- walang epekto... :hysterical:

18.5K:mail:

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    May officemate ako napakalakas mag kantyaw ng libre pero NEVER nanlibre. At least yung officemate mo hindi nagkakantyaw

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    May officemate ako napakalakas mag kantyaw ng libre pero NEVER nanlibre. At least yung officemate mo hindi nagkakantyaw
    Iyan nga ang masama,- napakalakas mangantyaw!....

18.5K:mail:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    may officemate akong ganyan! puro palibre ang bukam bibig! kahit mas mataas ang posisyon sakin, kairita nga e. hindi ko tuloy siya sinasama kapag bibili ako ng pagkain sa labas, baka masira lang araw ko e

10. Join Date
    May 2012

There are times when I seem to just have it with people - rudeness, discourtesy, lies, deceit, vulgarity and immorality. I think my Lola spoke to me with those 3 red roses that I should not lose hope - to see the good and not start relations from the viewpoint of distrust. It is random acts of kindness like this that renew my faith in the innate goodness of the human heart.

When was the last time you experienced a random act of kindness, please share your stories.
    nice chickensoup for the soul story there... hehehe

here's mine:

when i was just a fresh grad starting out in 1999. i got lost in makati looking for the place to drop my resume. i rode a taxi para maihatid ako sa pupuntahan kong opisina. the cabbie told me na malapit lang yun and i confessed na i'm just new to the place trying to find work at nawawala ako. the cabbie told me that i remind him of his son na naghahanap din ng trabaho. sa madaling sabi, ihinatid ako sa pupuntahan ko which is about a couple of blocks away. nung tinanong ko kung magkano ang ibabayad ko sa kanya, he told me na ayus na yun at sana matanggap ako sa trabaho. not all taxi drivers are mean. ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast