New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 91
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,341
    #1
    RP streets and roads nowadays are very dangerous and unsafe. as a precaution or self-defense for your car and yourself, what are the things to carry? what actions to do?

    i am planning to equipt my car with an aluminum baseball bat since the comelec gun ban is still on the go. though i dont have a gun. i dont like guns.

    what else would be compact and portable but still can intimidate or injure(not actually) the aggressor in case of life threatening situations?

    or just for security...


    honestly, someone or some people threatened me just tonight. i dont even know them. i just received some no. of text messages of threatening words. he claims that he know me,and so as my girlfriend. quite alarming since im a very private person and so as my family.

    do you recommend that i have it reported at a police station or others? im still thinking of it because all i have are threatening text messages and his/her/their cellphone number.

  2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    36
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    RP streets and roads nowadays are very dangerous and unsafe. as a precaution or self-defense for your car and yourself, what are the things to carry? what actions to do?

    i am planning to equipt my car with an aluminum baseball bat since the comelec gun ban is still on the go. though i dont have a gun. i dont like guns.

    what else would be compact and portable but still can intimidate or injure(not actually) the aggressor in case of life threatening situations?

    or just for security...


    honestly, someone or some people threatened me just tonight. i dont even know them. i just received some no. of text messages of threatening words. he claims that he know me,and so as my girlfriend. quite alarming since im a very private person and so as my family.

    do you recommend that i have it reported at a police station or others? im still thinking of it because all i have are threatening text messages and his/her/their cellphone number.

    best media of defense?...first and the cheapest, precautions. try to prevent making bad things to others. i will not be surprised if may mag threat sayo ng personal sa dami ng pinost mo sa good squad and ricey thread and madami pa ay kalugar mo ,then kilala ka dito.sooner or later pwede kang babalikan.pano? kaya ka mahanap thru your past posts. you're giving away personal info mo sa net na people can use to trace you.hopefully hinde ito related dito sa tsikot, kasi dito friendly discussions lang tayo.we sometimes disagree pero ganyan talaga tao. btw. baka people take this as a threat or something. im just giving you a possibility kung san mo isa sa pwede makuha yung threats nyo.

    2nd device,peper spray or stun gun. no need to swing it. point and go na lang.

    3rd. fire extinguisher,you can use it to people at the same time pwede din sa car.

    sa police pwede mo rin pa blotter yung no. pero baka pagtawanan ka lang nila. sa NTC pwede mo pa blocked yung no or you can try yung mismo tel company. baka pwede ma trace nila kung san location pinadala yung text.but i guess may legal requirements pa para dito.

    pero kung madiskarte ka. pwde mo ito ma set up. setup ka ng ka textmate.


    just my two cents

  3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,968
    #3
    Pepper spray and collapsible baton.

  4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,341
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbyrider View Post
    best media of defense?...first and the cheapest, precautions. try to prevent making bad things to others. i will not be surprised if may mag threat sayo ng personal sa dami ng pinost mo sa good squad and ricey thread and madami pa ay kalugar mo ,then kilala ka dito.sooner or later pwede kang babalikan.pano? kaya ka mahanap thru your past posts. you're giving away personal info mo sa net na people can use to trace you.hopefully hinde ito related dito sa tsikot, kasi dito friendly discussions lang tayo.we sometimes disagree pero ganyan talaga tao. btw. baka people take this as a threat or something. im just giving you a possibility kung san mo isa sa pwede makuha yung threats nyo.
    thanks for the advice CR, but as i said, im a very private person. only one member here in tsikot have my personal contact number. and i dont think he will be the one who will threatened me. he's a tsikot friend to me. even him doesnt know my place nor my identity yet.

    dont blame my paparazzi moves. its just for fun.

    and im not giving away any personal info, just my car w/o plates.

    anyways, tsikot is out of the list. period.

    saan ba nakakabili ng pepper spray, stun gun or ng collapsible baton?

  5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    21,656
    #5
    aejhayl,

    If someone threatened you. Then, wag ka magpaparamdam na natatakot ka. Just be yourself ... kasi pag nalaman nilang nanginginig ka na sa takot then the more times that they will threaten you.

    Best defense weapon that you can have are batons, pepper sprays or knives. ;)

  6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    29,320
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    saan ba nakakabili ng pepper spray, stun gun or ng collapsible baton?
    Try gun shops, camping goods and sporting goods shops for those items.

    For the stun gun, to use it you have to be a zero range. An alternative might be the tazer gun, same stunning effect at a few meter away from you.

    collapsible baton is good if you know how to use it or trained how to use it effectively. If you know arnis, having two batons is twice the fun.

    pepper spray comes in two forms. Liquid and gas. Liquid is more direct and tends to have a UV ink marking solution so police can identify the attacker. Gas type can be useful if there are more than one attacker since it tends to have a more immediate disabling effect in the lungs but you can't use this if you attacker is upwind of your position.

  7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,641
    #7
    +1 with pepper spray or an army knife (just make sure you know how to use it hehe)

    One other thing is to learn about self defense. Yung mga parang Jackie Chan moves .

  8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,341
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    aejhayl,

    If someone threatened you. Then, wag ka magpaparamdam na natatakot ka. Just be yourself ... kasi pag nalaman nilang nanginginig ka na sa takot then the more times that they will threaten you.

    Best defense weapon that you can have are batons, pepper sprays or knives. ;)
    yup, im not shaking! yet hahaha

    * gh and chicks, it seems that P.E.2 (yup physical education) has been effective for me. arnis kase yung pinaka course description niya. i think i still know some basic moves.

  9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    21,656
    #9
    Have you had recent encounters with some people that could have resulted to that threatening ?

  10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,341
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Have you had recent encounters with some people that could have resulted to that threatening ?
    yun nga ang nakakatawa... for the past 3 years, wala akong nakakaaway or kahit nakaka enkwentro.

    biglaan lang talaga na may nagtext. then accusing me of something. and plans to harass me physically. he/she claims that he/she know me.

    weird but, i just got my recent cellphone no. about less than a year ago. and nobody that i dont have knowledge have it.

    except for this guy or girl or something.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
whats your media of defense?