New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlyt View Post
    welcome back papa Clavs

Sir Ry mataas BP mo malamang sa mga pinag-"kakain' mo nun Holidays
    Tingin ko din. Toxic kinakain eh. Utot ko nga sobrang baho.

Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post
    Kulang lang yan sa pambabae... dagdagan pa ang babae para lumapot na ulit ang dugo mo!
    Mawala nga high blood, patayin naman ako ni misis.

Pam

2. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    What's the current pricing of Shinagawa nowadays for Intralase Lasik? Metrodeal now offers it for 37k. Any more members that availed of this promo?

I'm not even 30 yet and want to have this procedure this year. Tingin nyo after let's say 15 years babalik din sa dati yung eye grade? Is it really worth it?
    One advice though, make sure you read everything included on the deal. I had my Lasik September 2013 for a price a lot more expensive than that but all doctor's appointment after it was included in the original cost. I also developed issues with the surface of my eyes which required another procedure (PTK) which involved my left eye being "lasered" again. That was also covered in the initial cost. So it sort of an insurance.

Overall I'm really happy with my procedure coming from something like -7.70 and really heavy glasses (hindi ko matagalan ang contact lenses).

As for kung babalik ang grado, it really is difficult to tell. My eye grade has been stable for about 7 years before my operation ang according to the doctor, that made me a very good candidate for the procedure since higher likelihood that my eye grade will not come back. Yun nga lang, by age 40-50 ko reading glasses will still be required since hindi pag change ng grado ang pag gamit ng reading glasses. It is more to do with the way that the eyes focuses and I believe cannot really be directly corrected early(ier) in life.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    ^ Kapag 40's above farsightedness na yung nagiging sakit diba? I guess ok lang yun, concern ko lang yung nacorrect na nearsightedness and astigmatism ay bumalik. You mean sir yung regular rate nila covered yung mga succeeding costs if ever may complications?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hindi ko alam anong grade ng mata ko kasi hindi pa ko nag sasalamin.. but I think far sigthed ako hirap ako bumasa pag malapit pag malayo ok lang.. I tried once nag avail ako sa insurance para lang maka pag pasalamin ganda kasi ng tech hehehehe ayon hindi ko din nagamit pang reading lang daw eh mas lalo hirap ako mag basa. pinamigay ko nalang sayang ang Oakley na frame

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by leodawesome View Post
    ^ Kapag 40's above farsightedness na yung nagiging sakit diba? I guess ok lang yun, concern ko lang yung nacorrect na nearsightedness and astigmatism ay bumalik. You mean sir yung regular rate nila covered yung mga succeeding costs if ever may complications?
    Getting a bit more technical (hope you don't mind ) there are two reason why we will need reading glasses. First is

Presbyopia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (problem with eyes focusing due to old age)

and second is

Hyperopia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (far sightedness)

The first one (Presbyopia) is the one that I cannot avoid according to my doctor as it really comes with "old eyes". The second one is what my doctor mentioned that I'm at a lower risk from (and it is also related to me being nearsighted) since my grade has been stable for years. So I'm guessing that it might be similar in your case that is kung over the years, stable yung near sightedness na grade mo and yung astigmatism, baka mas lower ang risk na hindi na siya babalik. And the only thing na certain sa atin is yung Presbyopia

Additionally, I got my lasik from American eye and the price they quoted me is inclusive of all doctor consultations for I think 6 months after the surgery and any procedure that was directly caused by my lasik operation.

disclaimer: hindi ako doctor ha! so consult with your doctor for the best advice

6. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    ^ Not at all sir, I love technical.

I think American Eye prices are higher than Shinagawa's. I might get consultation from Shinagawa. Thanks sir for your share.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    St. Luke's has this new procedure called "SMILE" which apparently is one of the latest in terms of refractive surgery. They say the procedure is overall better and healing time is a lot faster. Last I checked it was 110k.

Planning on getting this maybe 2-3 years from now.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I just eent to EO last week for consultation, since I thought medyo malabo na, but according to the doctor who did the examination, no problem at all.

Still 20/20

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarsi View Post
    I just eent to EO last week for consultation, since I thought medyo malabo na, but according to the doctor who did the examination, no problem at all.

Still 20/20
    Ganyan talaga bro,- kapag walang kakupas-kupas... :naughty2:

Wala bang balita kay Cardinal Superman?

“The measure of a man is what he does with power – LJIOHF!”
    Duterte for President of the Philippines in 2016!
    25.6K:grin2:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    usually 38 yrs and above dun na simula lumalabo ang mata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarsi View Post

Still 20/20

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789