New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    All of us here most of the time. Question is do we shop online as well? Personally i havent tried the local sites and was wondering what they are like. What local sites have you made online purchases on and what was it like?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Technically there are only a few shops here that offers true online shopping (meaning, online payment, door-to-door shipping), most online stores are mere catalogs and you still have to transact face to face or manual payment transfers.

I've tried a couple and it's too small of a population to generalize the whole market, but I've noticed that most stores don't really know how to transact online, your orders are usually processed by an automated shopping cart and unless you give them a call, chances are, your order won't get noticed right away.

That happened when I ordered from Island Rose last Valentines. I made my order 2 weeks ahead of time (before Feb) and asked them to deliver the items on Feb 13. I emailed them almost once a week but no email replies.

Feb 13 came, no item delivered... The manager said "di napickup ng courier, naiwan sa table nya"... Yeah right..

She promised next day delivery before noon daw dating, dumating mga 330PM na and the surprise value is gone already. At least they compensated by doubling my order, pero bale wala din coz nobody was at home to receive it and many of the flowers I ordered weren't able to survive the heat. The flowers whithered in 2 days only.

All in all, most online stores I've experienced here still take their online presence for granted.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Technically there are only a few shops here that offers true online shopping (meaning, online payment, door-to-door shipping), most online stores are mere catalogs and you still have to transact face to face or manual payment transfers.

I've tried a couple and it's too small of a population to generalize the whole market, but I've noticed that most stores don't really know how to transact online, your orders are usually processed by an automated shopping cart and unless you give them a call, chances are, your order won't get noticed right away.

That happened when I ordered from Island Rose last Valentines. I made my order 2 weeks ahead of time (before Feb) and asked them to deliver the items on Feb 13. I emailed them almost once a week but no email replies.

Feb 13 came, no item delivered... The manager said "di napickup ng courier, naiwan sa table nya"... Yeah right..

She promised next day delivery before noon daw dating, dumating mga 330PM na and the surprise value is gone already. At least they compensated by doubling my order, pero bale wala din coz nobody was at home to receive it and many of the flowers I ordered weren't able to survive the heat. The flowers whithered in 2 days only.

All in all, most online stores I've experienced here still take their online presence for granted.
    tanong ko lang, it is safe to buy online specially when you are using credit card to pay? ano ba ang dapat kong malaman bago mag purchase online?

thanks

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by joem View Post
    tanong ko lang, it is safe to buy online specially when you are using credit card to pay? ano ba ang dapat kong malaman bago mag purchase online?

thanks
    Ask ko lang. Is it just me as well or are many out there wary of giving their credit card details out online? Are there any other ways to pay aside from having to do a face to face transaction? this is in the local context of course
    Last edited by midinite; April 27th, 2007 at 02:29 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Midinite: Yes, a lot "traditional" folks still don't realize that online (encrypted) credit card transactions are more secure than traditional over-the-counter approach hehe.

I wonder if folks are aware that bulk of credit card fraud transactions are commited in bars and restaurants.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    I've bought airline tickets on the net via credit card and just printed out my e-ticket. ok naman

I've sold and bought from stuff from other sites semi "on-line", item is still paid via bank transfer and items are shipped. sometimes w/o even a phone call.

7. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Midinite: Yes, a lot "traditional" folks still don't realize that online (encrypted) credit card transactions are more secure than traditional over-the-counter approach hehe.
    I agree with theveed unless you've got phished or transacted with some flybynight merchants. Make sure the merchants are dependable like Amazon, Buy.com, etc.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ive never had any problems transacting online using my CC, but never tried local online stores though....sobrang konti kasi at wala rin variety.

palagi bank deposit lang or Gcash.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Balak ko kasing bibili nang spare part sa aking laptop sa http://www.pchub.com using my credit card.

may naka try nabang nakabili sa site na ito sa inyo?

thanks a lot.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    have done credit card and paypal myself pero only for overseas sites. was more wondering how it is for local online companies. ebay.ph is still direct to seller right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Whats ur Philippine online shopping experience?