New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Here in the US, it's normally the best option to just take the ticket. The cops are just doing their job and are actually quite lenient if you don't give them a hard time (depending on the violation, of course). That's based from my experience with the Highway Patrol in CA where I got all my speeding tickets (the last one was from 1992 with that IROC-Z, I've been clean since) which is 2 speeding tickets out of a possible 7(?).

In the Philippines, I'd like to say the same although it's not quite so clear cut. I do know that at one time, I used to trust the Las Pinas police although based from another thread, it may not be the case anymore. Still, I'd just keep quiet and take the ticket.
    And also, in America you can challenge your traffic ticket in court.

I have a friend in Los Angeles who says he has never paid a single dollar for a traffic ticket eventhough he has been pulled over many times due to speeding. WHY? Because he agrees to go to court to challenge every one of them. But the LAPD cops are just too lazy to attend court hearings because of freakin speeding tickets. And when they don't show up (which normally happens), the judge dismisses the case. Woo hoo!

Sa Pinas kasi walang ganyang legal process.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lakay View Post
    I've heard a lot of them before, but the best one is when when the daughter of a mayor was caught speeding, she asked me if I know who she was and I said that "yes, you're the mayor's daughter" and then I asked if she know me. She answered "No" in a piss off attitude (She's with her BF and another couple on the back), so I give her my name and badge #, took my time writing the ticket, she was extremely mad when I give her ticket and threaten to get me fired. The mayor congratulated our chief and he said "its about time someone give her a ticket". Until now, she still doesn't speak to me when we see each other.

feeling big-time si mayor's daughter... OWNED big-time din siya. :lol:

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    officer, look at my car, do you really think it can go 0-80 on a freeway on-ramp?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    when enforcers flagged me down for a violation(if any), i politely asked them what my violation is, then if i know that it's really a violation, i told them to issue the ticket quickly so i can leave since i'm in a hurry(kahit hindi ), pag napansin nila na ganun, sabi agad sila na mahirap tumubos ng license, my seminar pa, blah,blah,blah. sabihin ko na lang, problema na ng sister ko sa LTO yon

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT View Post
    officer, look at my car, do you really think it can go 0-80 on a freeway on-ramp?
    Ummm yeah. I'm sure cops know what your Forester can do....... Guilty!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    most of the times ive been caught, its because the traffic signs are hidden that any driver wont be able to see it, or the traffic rules are unclear. i try to reason out because i dont want to fork out any money. usually works.

when all else fails, pag may kasama akong girl (like wife, ex-gfs before or kahit friends lang kunyari wife na) i tell them "daing ka ng konti." then i tell the traffic enforcer the woman is pregnant and i have to bring her to the hospital. works everytime! hehehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ako dati pinara, ang tinuro saking karatula nakasulat sa karton (pentel pen pa ata ang ginamit). Sa Sampaloc ito. Needless to say, nung malaman ko kung ano yung 'violation' ko, umalis na lang ako.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    bossing, chief:...

...MAGKANO ba?!? ...

...jowk!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Kapag naaalala ko yung sinabi sa akin nung kakilala ko natatawa na lang ako
    Pagilalabas na nun ang tiket sasabihin ng kakilala ko tikitan niyo ako pero pag nagkita ulit tayo sa office na..
    Basta madami pa siya na encounter natatawa na lang ako ibang klase magdahilan yung kakilala ko na yun..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Meron din good traffic police...hinuli friend ko sa Bacolod over speeding... binigay niya lisensiya and calling card ni Pres. Ramos (nasa pwesto pa si tabako) with signature and dedication at the back of the card..thinking makalusot....sabi ng motorcycle cop in english pa... " Sir, I will just get your lisensiya and I will return your President"..hehehe di omobra.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
What's ur Best Excuse Para di Matiketan?