New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I've heard a lot of them before, but the best one is when when the daughter of a mayor was caught speeding, she asked me if I know who she was and I said that "yes, you're the mayor's daughter" and then I asked if she know me. She answered "No" in a piss off attitude (She's with her BF and another couple on the back), so I give her my name and badge #, took my time writing the ticket, she was extremely mad when I give her ticket and threaten to get me fired. The mayor congratulated our chief and he said "its about time someone give her a ticket". Until now, she still doesn't speak to me when we see each other.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by lakay View Post
    I've heard a lot of them before, but the best one is when when the daughter of a mayor was caught speeding, she asked me if I know who she was and I said that "yes, you're the mayor's daughter" and then I asked if she know me. She answered "No" in a piss off attitude (She's with her BF and another couple on the back), so I give her my name and badge #, took my time writing the ticket, she was extremely mad when I give her ticket and threaten to get me fired. The mayor congratulated our chief and he said "its about time someone give her a ticket". Until now, she still doesn't speak to me when we see each other.
    ...asteeeg.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Now, I don't make it a point to weasel my way out of a ticket. I'm always ready to accept responsiblity for my actions. But, the cops almost always ask my why I was speeding.

1. In Oklahoma where my car has Nevada license plates and a cop nailed me for doing 55mph in a 35mph zone: I replied, "Sorry sir. I'm new here and got lost". I got away with a warning to slow down

2. When I was still in the AF in 1991, the CHP nailed me for doing 75mph in a 55mph zone in Napa Valley. When asked why I was speeding, I said, "Sorry sir, I just got back from the Middle East and haven't seen my girlfriend in 6 months". He kind of thought it over and shook his head with a hint of a smile. Then, he told me to slow it down and keep focused on the road, not something else.

3. I was racing an IROC-Z (in my Laser RS Turbo) along I-80 near Auburn, east of Sacramento with 4 other cars tagging along behind. The CHP (again) caught us all in a speed trap (same spot all the time at that overpass). The officer didn't even ask why. He was issuing tickets to everyone. He looked at my license plates which was Nevada (everyone else had CA plates). Doing 125mph is normally a jail-time offense. But, the cop went to me first, gave me a ticket for 75mph (whew!) and told me to "get out of here". Those left behind must have set off alarms in the cop's data base. The IROC-Z driver had gestured to me he's already had 2 tickets in a row.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 17th, 2006 at 03:00 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Not necessarily. Some cops are just out looking for lunch.

Btw, violations can be of the moving and non-moving type.

My friend is endlessly getting flagged down by the cops for the wierdest of reasons just because he looks young drives an L300FB. When he's in his 3 series or Expedition, he does not have the same problems. That's why sometimes, it does pay to have a good alibi or connection to one-up hungry gators on the road.

Even I had a run-in with cops for allegedly having 'too nice temporary plates' and 'too long a tow rope'.

Siyempre kung mali, dapat talaga aminin.
    Giving an alibi is understandable. If they bite it, then you're scott-free. If not, then you pay up.

But name-dropping is not an alibi. It's a form of intimidation. The reason why name-dropping works is because it is often used by arrogant people who actually have real connections to powerful personalities, so there are a lot of copy-cats out there who want to be a powerful scion wannabe. I would rather that the police would not bite into this name-dropping scheme.

If there are policemen who are just extorting money using crazy citations, maybe just report them to their superiors. Most often, I think they are simply getting stricter on the rules when they need money, and the fact is, you did break the traffic rule and you got used to them being lenient before.

Unless of course the cops are giving you a traffic ticket because you are wearing a red shirt. Ipa-BITAG nyo na yan kay Tulfo pag ganyan.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    If it was my mistake, I admit and apologize for it. Most of them would let you go easy when you are nice to them and treat them with respect. IF they try to extort money from me, I'll just grab my camera phone and tell them that I would report them to Napolcom (which is across my dad's office) and extort money from them instead!! hehehe!!!

Oh, I refrain from name-dropping. Mas maganda na makita nila yung calling card with my license. That makes a lot of difference. If I get flagged by the MAPSA, I just tell them that I'm from Makati (which I am) and ask them nicely to let me go. So far, ok naman and in fact, I came to know them na din.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I think using someone like Daddy/Mama or somebody else in high position is just purely chicken sh*t. If you got caught, just take it. A friend of mine use to say its only illegal if you get caught. By the way, last time I heard from him he was in at San Diego County Jail.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Here in the US, it's normally the best option to just take the ticket. The cops are just doing their job and are actually quite lenient if you don't give them a hard time (depending on the violation, of course). That's based from my experience with the Highway Patrol in CA where I got all my speeding tickets (the last one was from 1992 with that IROC-Z, I've been clean since) which is 2 speeding tickets out of a possible 7(?).

In the Philippines, I'd like to say the same although it's not quite so clear cut. I do know that at one time, I used to trust the Las Pinas police although based from another thread, it may not be the case anymore. Still, I'd just keep quiet and take the ticket.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; September 17th, 2006 at 08:04 AM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sori ser hindi sa akin ang kotse na to....kinarnap ko lang.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    But name-dropping is not an alibi
    Sorry sir, minsan talaga kailangan makipagsabayan.

Gaya nga nung hinuhuli ako for having a 'too long' tow rope. I was using a standard recovery strap at the time. Halata lang napagtripan dahil hindi ko ginamit yung tali na inaalok ng enforcer (na malamang hihingi din sa huli) because I carry basic recovery gear in my vehicle. Medyo nagiging hindi na maganda yung pagsasalita ng pulis, eh. Nakakabastos na. Kanina pa stranded yung sasakyan sa tapat nila, ngayong tinulungan ko na, ako pa ang huhulihin. Sheesh. Kapag mangatwiran ka, 'basta' lang ang isasagot sa iyo. At wala na kong oras pang mag-report at that time since I was going on duty every 3 days or so.

Buti na lang tatay ng politician pala yung motorist na ina-assist ko. Wala nang nasabi ang lespu. Layas na lang.

Most often, I think they are simply getting stricter on the rules when they need money, and the fact is, you did break the traffic rule and you got used to them being lenient before.
    Does hiding behind bushes count as being stricter? Dito lang sa Congressional, yellow pa lang nung tumawid ako sa traffic light pero may nagtatakbo na agad na Pulis at enforcer galing sa likod ng mga halaman flagging the cars down. Ang maganda pa, the cops can't even see the traffic light from where they are! The traffic light is at the crest of the road, they are at the bottom of a dip in the road (para hindi kita from the traffic light). Tanghalian ito so alam ko na. Mga tatlo kaming nakalusot sa yellow (tig isang lane kami). Hindi ko na hinintuan. Yung dalawa binusinahan din lang yung buwaya (full press hanggang malampasan). Lumang style na kasi iyan dito. If they had honest intentions about being stricter. Dun sila sa traffic light mag-mando ng traffic. Hindi yung nagtatago sila. Besides, nasa gitna na ko ng intersection nung magdilaw. They can stuff their tickets up where the sun don't shine.

Hindi ko naman nilalahat ang pulis. Madami lang talaga kong naeencounter na bulok na kamatis.
    Last edited by OTEP; September 17th, 2006 at 10:26 AM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
What's ur Best Excuse Para di Matiketan?