New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What's the max % of your savings are you willing to spend on a car?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10%

1 12.50%
  • 20%

2 25.00%
  • 30%

2 25.00%
  • more than 30%

3 37.50%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    not really a percentage, but what I do is buy something each month e.g. march >> buy an amplifier, wiring,etc. April >> buy parts for a grounding kit. May >> Bili ng Stabel. That way di mabigat sa bulsa.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    savings? ano yun he he he....pautangin nyo naman ako ng savings nyo he he

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    0%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_gilmore
    same here.... di pwede pagsamahin yan.
    ako i always get my car via the company's car loan program lang. kung medyo over yung amount nung car vs. allocation ko dito, ako nag-aadjust. hindi ko kinukuha yung savings ko.
    yep...maximize lang resources.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    napapakamot ako sa ulo ah, pero siyempre the least percentage di ba kasi hindi investment ang auto but i always cater to my needs (not want)

nung bagong kasal kami naka Hatchback lang kami nung lumabas si Kody palit ako sa 4 Door Sedan nung lumabas si Kloe... Isuzu Trooper naman ang ipinalit ko...ngayon wala pa...wala din pera eh he..he

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Ang expense para sa sasakyan ay nakahiwalay dahil kailangan alagaan ito.
    In the long run, mas malaki siguro ang savings ko.
    Kaya lang hindi ko pa alam kung ilang % ito.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    Honestly hindi ko maintindihan ang question.
    Swimstroke, pa clarify. Do you mean for example having a P500k ride(including accessories/maintenance), and a remaining savings of P500k, so if you didn't get that ride, your savings would have been P1M. So having chosen to spend P500k of a would have been P1M savings, this would have been 50%?

For those naman with car plans, you take into account how much one would spend in say 5 years of the plan, vs would have been savings over the same period, having not gotten that ride?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    for daily maintenance, just a fraction ofcourse, say 2%.

for purchasing a new one syempre medyo malaki....the good thing in phil and in u.s is madali kang mag-financing, where as dito sa china cash basis dapat pag expat ka...which is "masakit" considering medyo mahal car dito kumpara sa alin mang part ng mundo. and for that income ko mula sa "sideline" pinangbabayad ko...buti n lang at magaling akong rumampa sa gabi, hehehehe!!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    For purchase? HAHAHAHAHA! As if our savings were big enough. I agree with M2, the amount and percentage you're willing to spend depends on how much you have. If you're poor, 150k is more than 50% of your savings, but you'll buy anyway. If you're rich, that 9m peso BMW is chump change.

If it's my money and not a company benefit, I'd say 200-250k outright is my limit, and 7k a month for payments.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    savings is different from automobile fund...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
What's the max % of your savings are you willing to spend on a car?