New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GerardTagayty View Post
    ^^^ pekto apir bro!! tumpak!
    Never mind. I think it's ok. Dat's rayt! Pare!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by technophobic View Post
    actually ordinary people await the fall of mayabang and mganagpapasosy. Sossy people are just ordinary people with expensive taste, I'm sure some of you are, the reason you just don't know it because you are not flaunting it. Iba talaga ang nagpapasossy and mayabang, sila yung annoying.
    the key is to look at the pa sosi and mayabang as entertainment. in fact the mayabang and pa sosi are easy to play with. kasi their own achilles heel is themselves.

think of it as reality tv. and you get to play big brother. kasi they win if na annoy ka.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    i like technophobic's definition of who is sosi... which means siguro they are people who have a cetain taste or class cguro...

Case in point... when a sosi person buys a Class A Nike shoes in G-hills, tapos nakita mo yun, usually iisipin mo na orig yan.... pero the sosi person will just say straight to you that they bought it sa tiangge and makes you wonder ayos ha hindi naman halata na ja-peyks...

Pero yung feeling sosi.... Unang tingin mo pa lang parang feeling mo na peke agad... tapos sila pa yung mayabang na magsasabi they bought it in a Nike store with this & that and its expensive daw... haha

Siguro there is this certain "aura" yung mga sosi na hindi kayang pantayan ng mga feeling sosi at mayabang...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    the key is to look at the pa sosi and mayabang as entertainment. in fact the mayabang and pa sosi are easy to play with. kasi their own achilles heel is themselves.

think of it as reality tv. and you get to play big brother. kasi they win if na annoy ka.
    That's probably why I had to work hard at grasping these stuff. I don't like watching reality tv. I can't stand the day "Survivor" first aired followed by all the knockoffs. Make no mistake, my wife is addicted to these shows. Me, I watch it too with her. But, I'm always offering "obvious courses of action" for the contestants just to irritate her. It's probably the most Pinoy aspect of me: "Mga Pinoy magaling mang-alaska.... da best"

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007

Siguro there is this certain "aura" yung mga sosi na hindi kayang pantayan ng mga feeling sosi at mayabang...
    That aura is being at ease with themselves

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    It's probably the most Pinoy aspect of me: "Mga Pinoy magaling mang-alaska.... da best"
    yup and it is because of that mahirap maging mayabang sa pinas. ang mayabang yari sa tropa.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    agree with uls. sadyang may mga ganyang tao talaga. sosi and pa-sosi, madali lang i-differentiate.. pero yung mayabang, hmmm... yung mahangin siguro napapansin naman eventually. meron ding kasi mayabang kasi may ipagmamayabang. kumbaga, they flaunt it.

i'd rather prefer people who can talk the talk and walk the walk pero hindi nila ipinamumukha sa 'yo..

ika nga ni rene requiestas: "...ayaw ko sa eye-poor..."
    Last edited by chain; March 2nd, 2007 at 10:53 AM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    So with this definition, can you say for example Gretchen(yung artista) is sosi or mayabang? before she met Cojuangco is she sosi or pa sosi?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Nasa socio economic level yan.

There's old rich/super rich, new rich, upper middle class, lower middle class, not-so-poor poor, really-poor poor.

the old rich/super rich have been rich for a long time. 3 or 4 generations rich. mejo low profile mga old rich. Sosy is as normal as breathing. it's not even a conscious effort. In short, they dont even have to try. Ganyan na talaga sila e.

the new rich is flashier than the old rich. may konting conscious effort sosy nila. Pero may K.

the upper middle parang new rich. mejo blurry line dito coz on the outside, they look almost the same. Difference is in the financing of the image.

lower middle class and not-so-poor poor--- eto na--- dito madami pa-sosyal. they try to imitate the upper middle class or even the rich. Halatang halata trying hard sila. As in IN-UR-FACE sosy ako! hehehe

before anyone reacts violently, i want to state that everyone has the right to move up in life. Kanya kanyang paraan lang yan. Yun nga lang there are people who have a funny way of trying to move up.
    that's a good definition...

though for me... bahala sila sa buhay nila...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    So with this definition, can you say for example Gretchen(yung artista) is sosi or mayabang? before she met Cojuangco is she sosi or pa sosi?
    I would say mayabang...

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
What's the difference between sosi, pa sosi and mayabang?