New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Puros pa sosi sa Starbucks e Ano ang pag ka iba ng pa sosyal sa mayabang? pa sosyal usually applied to ladies di ba?Man pa sosi pwede rin ba? Mayabang for men and women pwede e Sosyal is natural socialite na...tama ba?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Ewan na hihilo ako sa tanong mo eh Medyo tinamaan ako dun sa starbuks ah hehehe. Pag mayabang ang tao indi ksi madali malaman un malay mo ganun lng talaga sya dba??? Mahirap mag husga ng taong di mo kilala. Dont judge a book by it's cover. Pero kg friend mo sya halata naman kng nag yayabang or pa sosi sya... un lng masasabi ko

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Agree with jasprit don't judge a book by its cover. Sossy people are just people prefer expensive quality products. Where as pa sossy just prefer the expensive products just for the image, and mayabang are those who like to boast about what he have.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by technophobic View Post
    Agree with jasprit don't judge a book by its cover. Sossy people are just people prefer expensive quality products. Where as pa sossy just prefer the expensive products just for the image, and mayabang are those who like to boast about what he have.
    add on. ang mayabang. male o female. tao na ang taas ng tingin sa sarili (sometimes daw to compensate for a feeling of inferiority) at medyo mababa ang tingin sa iba. Ang mayabang siya lang ang magaling at di makatanggap ng ideas na contrary sa sinasabi niya. sila ang medyo close minded at expert sa mga sinasabi nila. kailangan palaging pinupuri sila kaya sila mismo nag pupuri sa sarili nila.

ang maganda ay pag may dalawang mayabang sa isang mesa na nagtatalo. pure entertainment.

oh and ang mayabang akala niya (o convinces self) na friend niya lahat at nakakatawa siya. mahilig din siya mag name drop ng mga kakilala niya in high places to try to belittle you. But the amusing thing is sometimes these so-called "friends" may not consider the mayabang person a real friend. ganun talaga ang buhay diba?

ang mayabang minsan di gusto ng iba kasi mahirap makasama. kahit ang sosi di naman outcast. ang pa sosi comedy relief lang.

pero sa tatlo ang mga ordinary na tao nakatingin at deep down inside the ordinary folk await their fall. and when they do tawa lang ang madla.
    Last edited by midinite; March 1st, 2007 at 11:04 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Nasa socio economic level yan.

There's old rich/super rich, new rich, upper middle class, lower middle class, not-so-poor poor, really-poor poor.

the old rich/super rich have been rich for a long time. 3 or 4 generations rich. mejo low profile mga old rich. Sosy is as normal as breathing. it's not even a conscious effort. In short, they dont even have to try. Ganyan na talaga sila e.

the new rich is flashier than the old rich. may konting conscious effort sosy nila. Pero may K.

the upper middle parang new rich. mejo blurry line dito coz on the outside, they look almost the same. Difference is in the financing of the image.

lower middle class and not-so-poor poor--- eto na--- dito madami pa-sosyal. they try to imitate the upper middle class or even the rich. Halatang halata trying hard sila. As in IN-UR-FACE sosy ako! hehehe

before anyone reacts violently, i want to state that everyone has the right to move up in life. Kanya kanyang paraan lang yan. Yun nga lang there are people who have a funny way of trying to move up.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by technophobic View Post
    My definitions from what I learned here so far......

Owning expensive products doesn't necessarily make one "sosy". Some people just have more means than others. To me, "sosy" combines expensive tastes with an attitude of lording it over others. The attitude has to be there. There's nothing wrong with having expensive stuff if you have the means to afford them.

"Pa sosy" Duh...... I think it's people of lesser means attempting to live the life of the above even if it'll put them in a pinch. That's all I can think of for that term since I don't really pay attention to anyone except myself.

Mayabang..... well. Where to begin. This one may depend on one's perceptions. If one's sensitive about his/her social image, then he/she is more prone to think of others who are better off as "mayabang", especially in the Philippines. I imagine the mere showing of wealth by one person can be regarded as "mayabang" by another person who has lesser means. Here, it's more of a direct "in-your-face" attitude. Kinda more like, "Yeah, they call me Horse. That's why I have a different girlfriend for every day of the week". THAT's what I would call mayabang. Anything less doesn't even bother me enough to take notice of.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 1st, 2007 at 11:03 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    actually ordinary people await the fall of mayabang and mganagpapasosy. Sossy people are just ordinary people with expensive taste, I'm sure some of you are, the reason you just don't know it because you are not flaunting it. Iba talaga ang nagpapasossy and mayabang, sila yung annoying.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    It seems like we have our own way of defining sossy. But we all agree on one thing. We hate people na nagpapasossy and mayabang )

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Well, I'm back to square one. I thought I finally had a handle on which term is which.....

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    ^^^ pekto technophobic apir bro!! tumpak!
    Last edited by GerardTagayty; March 1st, 2007 at 11:14 PM.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
What's the difference between sosi, pa sosi and mayabang?