New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 3703 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ung 6-7 hours pwede pa time mag pictorial ang bride and groom sa hotel with the ninong, ninangs and the whole entourage.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^^^

yes that

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Chinese nga yung friend ko na ganyan din, sobra tagal ng time interval. Tradition ba talaga sa Chinese yan?

intsik ka ba cat? i just know a few chinese words. cantonese kasi si erpats.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Piao si, bolansiao, swakao? Lol. Un ang turo ng mga chinese friends na kalaro ko sa bowling. Puro bastos words! Toink!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

piao si lang ung alam ko sir dyan tska ung 'hao siao'.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    intsik ka ba cat? i just know a few chinese words. cantonese kasi si erpats.
    Nope. My Dad told me not to say the word intsik and chekwa because it is offensive to some daw. So I just say Chinese or Chino hehehe. Totoo ba yun?

Exag naman yung 6 to 7 hr interval. Most weddings I attend deretso na from church.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Chinese nga yung friend ko na ganyan din, sobra tagal ng time interval. Tradition ba talaga sa Chinese yan?
    It isn't tradition. But it's for practical reasons.

Not really uls' idea of resting and freshening up but those are also considered factors. It's more likely because they're processing the shots taken from the church and doing a movie highlight. Aside from that, usually meron mga pictorials pa after the wedding on the hotel venue themselves.

But the most practical reason is because... well, people still have businesses to attend to sa afternoon. This is why a dinner reception is most convenient.

As for church attendance, it's not really required per se but highly suggested if you're close to the family. Usually picture picture lang naman yan but the main reason to go is to simply see the marriage rites. Not everyday you see a friend kneel at the altar and exchange vows after all.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Nope. My Dad told me not to say the word intsik and chekwa because it is offensive to some daw. So I just say Chinese or Chino hehehe. Totoo ba yun?

Exag naman yung 6 to 7 hr interval. Most weddings I attend deretso na from church.

I don't even know what chekwa is.

As for intsik, some people are sensitive to it but most of us who have adapted sa Filipino customary isn't naman. I'd happily prefer the word chinese though.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011

I have heard of chekwa also. offensive ba ang intsik? is it like calling black american a nigger?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Bakit nga ba ganyan na ngayon? May wedding din friend ko ganyan. Sa Manila Cathedral tapos reception sa Century Hotel. Malayo na nga time interval, malayo pa distance ng church sa reception venue. Then they make you have cocktails/stand for several hours, making you tired, hungry and uncomfortable.

Another thing that I hate are out of town weddings. I used to stress out on the logistics of going to a wedding, it's not easy for us women to move around in a gown, high heels, makeup and accesssories. So now, I only go if it is convenient for me. But I do appreciate the invite so even if I am not going, I still send over my gift. I only make exceptions for people that are very very dear to me.
    Tapos na ba yun wedding nung friend mo cat? If ever kelan? Parang same wedding tayo puntahan. Same church and reception venue.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta