Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I miss my old man.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    I miss my old man.
    I envy you. My Dad is a hostile old man with a very short temper & a very heavy hand. I don't think I will ever miss him.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I envy you. My Dad is a hostile old man with a very short temper & a very heavy hand. I don't think I will ever miss him.
    I hope you could still fix things with your Dad

My Dad will always be the number one man in my life because I know he will never hurt me and loves me unconditionally.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Because of my experience growing up with this kind of Father, realized that the things he did had lingering effects. Kids remember pala & bring it with them to adulthood.This is the reason why I treat my kids differently from how I was brought up.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Because of my experience growing up with this kind of Father, realized that the things he did had lingering effects. Kids remember pala & bring it with them to adulthood.This is the reason why I treat my kids differently from how I was brought up.
    sad to hear that bro, but the truth is sometimes those "scars" could linger with you not only until adulthood but it could be there hurting you lifetime which is hatred. and yes, madali para sa amin sabihin forget everything and live your life to the fullest with your family your wife and kids pero alam kong mabigat yan. the good thing here was somewhat gave you that positive effect how you brought up your kids in the opposite how you was treated when you were that kid, keep it up.
    i hope that time would come for the better between you and your dad soon.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Thanks bro. Reason I wanted to share is so you guys will be aware that kids, no matter how free caring they are, remember the times we hurt them, either physically or verbally. So before doing something, never do it in anger. Always try to cool down & think before you act.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Thanks bro. Reason I wanted to share is so you guys will be aware that kids, no matter how free caring they are, remember the times we hurt them, either physically or verbally. So before doing something, never do it in anger. Always try to cool down & think before you act.
    I couldn't agree more. To add, it applies to anyone, not just kids. Though especially kids

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    i used to be very distant from my father until i had a flat tire somewhere and i had to change it alone.

when i was a kid, my father used to ask me to sit beside him while he do some work to his car or somebody elses car. i like cars but am more happy playing with my friends or playing with my nintendo most of the time. when my dad calls me to sit beside him to watch the work he is doing, i feel this is robbing me of my play time. sometimes i refuse to obey him but he will talk to me patiently until i relent and just sulk beside him. i was a kid and all i want is to play so i really resent him when he calls me to watch him. the resentment stays with me til about my mid undergraduate years as a result i feel really distant from him.

through the years i thought i am some hot shot. my father wants me to enroll in mapua or ateneo but i hate those universities and he knows it. i choose to take my undergraduate course abroad. 17 years old and i get to live abroad and away from my fathers influence. the change of environment is seamless and so easy for me. never got homesick. only get to see him during christmas and new year but the rest i feel i am a free man.

changing my flat tire is significant to me because it made me realize i owe everything to my father. i was reminiscing the time when he is teaching me about cars while im changing my tire. i can hear his hearty laughs. i know my ways in a car because of him. i know my ways in life because of his wisdom. i am living a very comfortable life because of him. i realize though i feel very distant from him, unknowingly to me i am mirroring his image. i wanna be as calm and patient as him. i wanna be as kind and generous as him. i wanna be as smart as him. i wanna be successful like him. i never sobbed so hard all my adult life, only that day i did.

i rang him after a few days of the flat tire incident and all he said was he knew i have a good heart. after finishing my undergraduate course, i gave up my apartment to my brother and sister. i did my post graduate course through my own means. i built everything i have on my own and of course my wife being my inspiration. but i always thank my father for everything. i am a family man now and admit i am not as good as a father like him but through his guidance and wisdom i hope someday i hear my daughter tell me how thankful she is of what i did to her.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sad to hear that, dude. But it is good that you are aware and got to make sure your kids get better.

My dad also had a short fuse and was one who'd get into fistcuffs as a young man but never did he hurt his children or any women. Sa patas siya nakikipaglabanan. I miss our talks about just about anything on nights like these. And of course, when id get into... er... "situations", he was always there indeed.

I was lucky to have three father figures in my life, however they all moved on one after the other, within a short span of time. I miss those gents dearly.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ^ Sir vinj, how's doc otep?
    How is he now?

Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast