New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 95
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,343
    #31
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    my daughter had an exchange gift worth 200 pesos. and the kid wants a Pokémon cards. so we went to toy store and ask for a Pokémon card, we got one that has 2 cards that's worth 199. I thought it's weird na ganun kamahal yung card. Anyway nung nakuha na nung bata yung gift at nakita nung nanay, nagalit at tinapon. She thought Yata na 2 cards isn't worth 200 pesos. which isn't nga kasi nga 199 lang yun. kaya nung kinausap namin sabi namin, "kulang lang ng piso, tinapon mo na, iaabot na lang namin sa anak mo yung piso bukas". yun pala di naniniwala yung nanay na 199 yung 2 cards Pokemon. kaya nagulat sya nang malamang 199 yun.

    anyway, I just took one of my petron porsche collection at binigay sa bata kapalit nung tinapon.

    Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Maybe they wanted the knockoff Pokemon cards. Nasa 200 nga yun. You can even get it sa Tom's World in exchange for tickets.

    sent via Tapatalk

  2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    36,803
    #32
    Marami but I appreciate every gifts. I may have no use for it pero I'll still keep it and not recycle. Then if somebody meron may gusto I can just give it. Kunwari meron makakita and they want it then sa kanila na


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,545
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWest View Post
    Maybe they wanted the knockoff Pokemon cards. Nasa 200 nga yun. You can even get it sa Tom's World in exchange for tickets.

    sent via Tapatalk
    Yun nga sir, yung deck sinasabi nila.

    Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

  4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    8,481
    #34
    Ako meron ako special cabinet for gifts I dont like. Then I sell all of them in January sa e-commerce division ng company. I do trading din kasi eh

    Actualky most of the gifts I get in Christmas, i dont ljke,


    For example, pag mah nagbigay ng branded clothes or shoes, sigurado ambilis mabenta nun. Pag mga novelties, bagsak ko 50% market value kagad.


    I have a very fit body kasi, so my clothes are sometimes unbranded or bench lang. Then my shoes, i buy the on-sale ones na branded but yun tipong 2k-3k lang. The contours of my feet are so fit na anyhting bagay sa paa ko

    Wallet ko nga McJim lang, usually on sale ito pag pasko at 400++ something. Meron pa ako 3. Reserves. Wallet is what I usually get as a gift: Timberland, big skinny, girbaud, guess from the states . i sell it online at 1k to 1.5k kagad. Mga abercrombie shirts, P500 kagad yun, Penguin P1.5k
    Kagad

    Minsan nga I value my daily outfit, for example, I got this fitting polo on sale sa galleria at P500 then P500 for jeans, then P900 for casual shoes, then a mcjim leather belt, then a fossil watch na nabile ko sa outlet ng P1500

    Tapos yun mgs kebigan ko kung todo sa porma tipong P5000 worth of branded outfit, tapos mga asawa nila hilig mag-papicture sa min ng wife ko because we look good. Ah the best things in life!

    Natutunan ko kasi ito sa mga bakla sa gym. Ang galing pumorma, ang galing maghanap ng bargain, tapos they stand out pa sa mgs every parties

    imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1449379945.863242.jpg

  5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,071
    #35
    ^ So kung hindi nagiging materialistic ang tao, nagiging narcicist? Heheh



    Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

  6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    8,481
    #36
    Narcicist, Machiavellian, call it what you like. But it's human nature at it's finest.


    I call iit HOLISTIC, efficient use of money, esteem and self-worth as a whole. Not just throw in money like everyone do snd think it can work, to their imsgination maybe

  7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    50,159
    #37
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Ako meron ako special cabinet for gifts I dont like. Then I sell all of them in January sa e-commerce division ng company. I do trading din kasi eh

    Minsan nga I value my daily outfit, for example, I got this fitting polo on sale sa galleria at P500 then P500 for jeans, then P900 for casual shoes, then a mcjim leather belt, then a fossil watch na nabile ko sa outlet ng P1500
    I have large containers too for gifts I received I just store it there when I have no use for it yet. I've never sold online, too much hassle to ship items or meet up with people.

    I am very unhappy with what I got in our office xmas party. I don't even want to give it to house help, even they would not appreciate a facial wash that looks like hotel toiletry. How very thoughtless of my colleague to give that item away as a gift

  8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,071
    #38
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Narcicist, Machiavellian, call it what you like. But it's human nature at it's finest.


    I call iit HOLISTIC, efficient use of money, esteem and self-worth as a whole. Not just throw in money like everyone do snd think it can work, to their imsgination maybe
    Mag philantrophist ka na OB. Madami kang matutulungang tao

    Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

  9. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    8,481
    #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Calistro View Post
    Mag philantrophist ka na OB. Madami kang matutulungang tao

    Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, that is outta to be my direction, i think,

    Am not happy anymore buying the same things over and over, iphone 5, iphone 6, iphone 7, 2010 Fortuner, 2016 Monero, 2020 Explorer

    I mean is this what life is, Work work work, upgrade, upgrade, upgrade.

    Parang gusto nga yan. Lately, nagbabasa ako sa mga NGOs and charitable institutions. The thing is I still dont have the heart for it now. Nadudumihan pa din ako sa mga outreach programs

    Been reading Rick Warren's Purpose driven life, I cherished that book so much. But last 5 remaining chapters, boy those are really hard to do and accept as a way of life

  10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    8,481
    #40
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I have large containers too for gifts I received I just store it there when I have no use for it yet. I've never sold online, too much hassle to ship items or meet up with people.

    I am very unhappy with what I got in our office xmas party. I don't even want to give it to house help, even they would not appreciate a facial wash that looks like hotel toiletry. How very thoughtless of my colleague to give that item away as a gift
    Very true. Most people would give gifts without thought. How many times do we exhange gift getting gifts that we dont like.. The entire Christmas gift giving system is flawed, we waste a fraction of our bonuses/salaries to buy cheap gifts that mean nothing in January.

    In the big picture, it's sort of like economic sabotage pa nga coz cosnumer spending unused just stuck in a cabinet.

    You cant just giveaway what you get coz it will also be a cycle of exchanging cabinets, the person that you give it too will not appreciate it.


    You know who will appreciate it Cathy? A buyer, because he/she is willing to pay for your junk gift. That means she/he needs it. That's why I sell it a bargain. I make them feel fulfilled in a way.

    Gifts are like advices. You give it freely, and chances are people will not heed it coz it's free advice,

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
"What were your least favorite gifts you have received?"