New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I'd just like to know what are supposed to be in the Go Bag. It's supposed to contain emergency supplies/clothings which can come handy during disaster and can be carried along immediately. I already have things in mind but you fellow tsikoteers might have other important things in mind.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    I've been putting together my daily-carry "go bag" but really haven't thought much of a ****-hits-the-fan "go bag". My daily carry includes a high-powered flashlight, pocketknife, multitool, Glock +extra magazine, lighter, small folding umbrella and sunglasses plus whatever vanity items I'd need that day (iPod, digicam, mints, etc.). These all go into a small sling bag and travel with me wherever I go. I carry my wallet, cellphone and another folding knife in my pockets.

For a serious "go bag" I'd probably use a backpack and add a packable raincoat, first-aid kit, rope, blanket, an Inova 24/7, extra CR123 and cellphone batteries/chargers, AM/FM radio, energy bars, cash, passport, clothes (2 tops, 1 bottom, underwear, socks). I'd also love to be able to bring some bottled water enough for one day but it would be too heavy to be practical. Anyway, you could always buy some (with the cash) or convince people to give you some (with the Glock).

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Condoms, pen, alcohol, swiss knife

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapitan View Post
    Condoms, pen, alcohol, swiss knife
    but

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by afterglow View Post
    I'd also love to be able to bring some bottled water enough for one day but it would be too heavy to be practical. Anyway, you could always buy some (with the cash) or convince people to give you some (with the Glock).
    I can just imagine it... trade you a Glock for fifty gallons?

I've never bothered to make an Apocalyptic "Go Bag"... since I never go out into the wilderness, and there is no provincial road I travel more than ten kilometers away from the nearest town, my "Go Bag" used to consist of basic emergency items, First Aid, a towel, soap, a change of shirt, a small bottle of water, crackers, etcetera.

If I had to prepare for everything, I'd include two large sheets of plastic, a heavy blanket (synthetic), rope, a knife (but I'd carry a bolo if I could), a zippo lighter, a (small) flashlight, and maybe two steel tins and some nylon stockings (for cooking/water purifying/catching fish? hahaha...)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    First aid kit, to include medicines usually taken by family members who have special medical conditions like asthma or hypertension, plus a full course of antibiotics in case someone gets sick from harsh environmental conditions.

Saang store nakakabili ng energy bars, at anong brand? Wala kasing ganyan sa probinsya namin.

It would also be good to know beforehand where you will head in case of emergency, as well as have contingency plans regarding where to rendezvous in case some family members are not at home if a calamity strikes.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    since I go to the gym practically everyday, my trunk contains verious items which have made people comment na may cabinet na daw ako sa likod ng auto.

from the top of my head, here's what I have:
    • 2 rubber mats.. kasya ako kung humiga. (for yoga actually, serves other purposes as well)
    • one pair of hiking shoes
    • one pair of slippers
    • toiletries (toothbrush, mouthwash, deodorant, soap, shampoo, facial wash...)
    • change of clothing (pang-gym, office, gimik)
    • underwear (up to 6 pairs of briefs!)
    • 3-4 energy bars (have a friend who practically gives them away to me)
    • whey protein powder
    • 3-4 towels
    • efficascent oil
    • plastic bags
    • tool set
    • water containers

inside naman, eto:
    • flashlight
    • hydrogen peroxide
    • wet wipes
    • swiss knife
    • meds
    • alcohol

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    go bag / travel kit

1. cell phone charger
    2. tooth brush and toothpaste
    3. medicines and vitamins
    4. face wash and safeguard soap
    5. gel or hair wax and small comb
    6. alcohol
    7. bandage
    8. mc gyver tool or swiss army
    9. mid size towel

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If there are several of you in the family, it might also be practical to divide the contents of your kit among your group, so that the burden of carrying all that weight isn't borne by just one person. Also, this allows a certain degree of redundancy, while spreading the resources in case one of the bags gets lost or left behind.

What should be inside your "Go Bag?