New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Anyone saw that video going around today of a pitbull latched on a golden retriever's leg? Nakaka trauma yung iyak nung golden, first time I heard that kind of cry from a dog. Naka kawala naman yung golden sa kagat, I just hope walang permanent damage sa paa nya.

Just curious, what can we do if this happened? I'd probably start bringing pepper spray when walking my dogs.

WARNING! This video is very traumatizing, especially if you are an animal/dog lover.

A pit bull type dog attacks a Golden Retriever as it walks by. Several bystanders struggle to stop the attack.

I feel so bad. I hope the retriever survives because that could be fatal. We had 2 pitbulls in the early 90s (female fighting line and male show line) I loved them but I think they should STOP breeding pitbulls already. They are too unpredictable and can attack without trigger. Instinctively they target the neck pa when they attack and when they do bite, it's hard for them to release (kahit buhusan mo pa isang baldeng tubig or pukpukin ng dos por dos) I don't think I will ever own aggressive/guard dogs again so I am sticking with labradors.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    doing some googling,
    i got the impression that pit bulls are about as dangerous as any other dog.
    the impression i got is that pit bulls become aggressive because some humen trained them to be aggressive.
    regarding their anatomy, experts say their anatomies are "ordinary", i.e., "they do not impart an advantage for aggressiveness to the breed".

dog scholars are welcome to educate me.

anyway,
    our dog is a beagle.
    his only threat to us, is his un-quenchable hunger. he does not know when to stop eating.
    Last edited by dr. d; August 23rd, 2021 at 06:46 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    when they do bite, it's hard for them to release (kahit buhusan mo pa isang baldeng tubig or pukpukin ng dos por dos)
    Gawain namin sa aso na mag lock jaw kung mag away, ay hilain ang collar at push ng neck. Parang i choke ang aso para humina ang hininga at i releas ang hold.

Kung walang collar na suot, maghanap ng leash...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Anyone saw that video going around today of a pitbull latched on a golden retriever's leg? Nakaka trauma yung iyak nung golden, first time I heard that kind of cry from a dog. Naka kawala naman yung golden sa kagat, I just hope walang permanent damage sa paa nya.

Just curious, what can we do if this happened? I'd probably start bringing pepper spray when walking my dogs.

WARNING! This video is very traumatizing, especially if you are an animal/dog lover.

A pit bull type dog attacks a Golden Retriever as it walks by. Several bystanders struggle to stop the attack.

Dala ka suka na may labuyo. Put it into a spray bottle, like those for car spray wax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

i wonder,
    what's the story behind the pit bull?
    even the "owners" seemed un-able to control their dog.

i remember a story from years back.
    the person adopted a pit bull from the animal orphanage.
    the dog seemed fine at first,
    but it in-explicably became extremely aggressive when "triggered"...
    it turned out, the previous owner had trained it to fight in the arena...
    Last edited by dr. d; August 23rd, 2021 at 08:15 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    I'm happy I found good new owners of our puppies. [emoji5]

Babae at lalaki sila so pinaghiwalay ko but binigay ko dun sa meron din silang kalaro pero same gender.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    We have a Husky at home and a cat was added yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    We have a Husky at home and a cat was added yesterday.

I always watch YouTube videos of a dog taking in a kitten as a playmate, so heartwarming [emoji3059]

Can you share a pic of your new cat? [emoji74]

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    It was given to us, a Siamese-Persian mix.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    It was given to us, a Siamese-Persian mix.

I hope the two get along well [emoji2]

What pets do you keep?