New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: What broadsheet newspaper do you usually read?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Business Mirror

1 16.67%
  • Business World

1 16.67%
  • Daily Tribune

0 0%
  • Malaya

0 0%
  • Manila Bulletin

4 66.67%
  • Manila Standard

1 16.67%
  • Manila Times

0 0%
  • Philippine Daily Inquirer

5 83.33%
  • Philippine Journal

0 0%
  • Philippine Star

5 83.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    When im in the country, during weekdays i read Phil. Star and weekends is Manila Bulletin...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Daily - PhilStar. Sometimes - Bulletin. Online though BusinessMirror, Goodnewspilipinas.com.

Breaking news - I let news.google.com.ph get the latest and follow the links from there, usually it leads me to Inquirer, gmanews.tv or abs-cbnnews.com

Editorials/Opinion? Fearless views, amusing, expose, whatever, they are still opinion. You can only nod in agreement or disagree till you turn blue but that is all. Just another form of entertainment. No action or results. I think what we readers need is data/facts/information - we want to reserve the opinion to ourselves after digesting the data.

Exception - There is one column in the Star that will teach you a lot of wisdom "Business Matters" by Francis Kong. It only appears on weekends. The title is misleading though because it's not focused on business as in money, more like life in general and any age can learn a thing or two.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    what is a newspaper?

i havent touched a newspaper since... ummm... i forgot

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I go for Philippine Star. Inquirer kasi tends to be sensationalized, but later on you find out mali yung facts nila. Yellow journalism kumbaga.

In short, I find the Star more factual when it comes to dishing out the daily news.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
what newspaper do you usually read?