New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I am in a very big dilemma because our former driver texted me asking me to help him on the payment of his house. He said he will be evicted if he does not pay by Monday.

We have known him a long time and he is really a good person. May malasakit talaga and we could trust him with money. My issue is the amount is huge P45k and he can only pay P1k per pay day I also don't know where he lives now. BUT I want to help him, I know that P45k is not life changing for me, but it is for him. I have not asked my Mom's opinion on this. I also have a lot of gastos because I just paid for hospitalization of someone who is like my 2nd mom. I am also gonna give start up money to our all around who is going back to the province to take care of his elderly parents. So I don't think I can lend that much amount, but I am feeling guilty also, what if he gets evicted

What would you do in my position?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    I would only lend an amount I am comfortable with if ever it doesn't get paid back.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    We do, more or less, a month's worth of their current salary for every year they've worked for us.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    I would only lend an amount I am comfortable with if ever it doesn't get paid back.
    This is what I'm thinking also but I can't decide the amount

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    This is what I'm thinking also but I can't decide the amount

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk
    I agree with the 1 month's salary for each year of service. If you can add any amount to that then it would be a bonus.

While we always value the loyal service given to us by our household help, we do make it clear that we are not always in a position to give them the entire amount they are asking for.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    What I do for this kind of scenario is to give xxx percent to them not as loan but as assistance.

If I am you in this case, I will explain to him that you are also in a tight budget and you cannot afford the 45k but you are willing to assist him by giving 5k for instance. In that way you were able to help.

Let the others worry about the 40k.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1 month for every year, if you can afford it, is fair. parang separation pay na lang nya so even if he fails to pay it back you can just pat yourself in the back and say you were a fair employer. if you can't afford it then whatever you can afford to lose because there is a chance he will not be able to pay it back.

buti na lang puro bad ang naging househelp namin and i will not be in the same dilemma.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    He is not working for us anymore pala

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Same here.
    Ako siguro bigay ko 10k kung talaga ok si manong, tapos sabihin ko wag na intindihin ang bayad. Tsaka nalang pag tumama na sa lotto. pero kung si mang max yan, na driver namin na nagturo sakin mag drive from 8 - 12 years old ako, baka bigay ko full amount if i had that spare money.

Sent from my D5303 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    He is not working for us anymore pala

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    How much was his monthly salary with you before?

Yan lang ang feasible amount IMHO.

He can get a loan with his present employer, (actually) !

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast