New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    What's the ideal size and configuration of your ideal home? When I say ideal home, I mean something that is realistic for you to build or maintain .

Lot size?
    Floor space?
    Bedrooms?
    Style?
    Design and architectural elements?
    Location?
    Condo or house or townhouse?
    Whatever else you want to include.

I'm curious as to what the community here has in mind. And then we can probably discuss the pros and cons of building and mainting it. Tips, suppliers and service providers too.

The most important factor is that it must be realistic for you to afford or build.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Because we do not have househelp nor the time to maintain a big area, wifey and I are both in favor of living in a condo. The current place we have is a 2-bedroom unit but we split the 2nd room to give privacy to our 2 kids. Of course we have to pay the dues to have the amenities maintained and the area secured but at least it gives us the peace of mind. We only have to worry about cleaning the unit. Laundry is outsourced as well. It is also close to my place of work. I learned to love the condo living so I decided to invest in a project in BGC either as an investment or a retirement place once the kids decide to evict us and have the existing unit to themselves and their own families.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lot size? 500 to 600sqm.

Floor space? around 300.

Bedrooms? 3 plus a guest room downstairs

Style? This is a big issue with me lately. Drive around subdivisions with a lot of new homes built in the last decade (LGV, AAV, etc.), too many modern asian already. I always liked the Manosa design elements and old architecture from the 60s to early 70s.

Design and architectural elements? I am biased towards the bahay na bato in architectural elements (light interior materials with a solid foundation or first floor, high ceiling, long overhangs, window spanning the entire side, good cross ventilation, etc.

Location? QC or Makati for me for a Manila abode. But i really intend to build my home outside the NCR and just have a small, secure, and easy to maintain Manila home.

Condo or house or townhouse? In Manila i prefer to have a condo or townhouse. I'll build my house in an outlying province.

Whatever else you want to include. 6-car garage basement complete with lifters, and a lanai at an adjacent lot.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lot area, pwede na sa akin between 500-700 sq.m. i want space for greenery and some space for my dogs.
    floor area, ubra na ang mga 150 sq.m. since isa lang naman ang anak namin.... pag alis nun, kami na lang ni misis ulit.
    location.... outside of metro manila.
    design.... i prefer the zen type.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

lot area, pwede na sa akin between 500-700 sq.m. i want space for greenery and some space for my dogs.
    floor area, ubra na ang mga 150 sq.m. since isa lang naman ang anak namin.... pag alis nun, kami na lang ni misis ulit.
    location.... outside of metro manila.
    design.... i prefer the zen type.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    300 to 500 Sq. m. but the land area is much bigger, maybe 1,500 to 2,000 Sq. m. where i can put up a putting green. fenced and gated. did you say ideal?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My only requirement is that it has to be at the minimum equal to our current home but my ideal really is double. I have this thinking that a child is a financial success if he or she gets to exceed the net worth of the parents. And I am sure the parents would be proud too.

My Lola says she feels claustrophobic in our house because it's so small. She gave the lot to my Dad, maybe she should have given bigger then. Her house is double our house kasi.

Wide roads are absolutely necessary.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Cathy is correct about the wide roads. That's a must.

I like the contemporary modern look though I do appreciate timeless designs and styles.

High ceilings, floor to ceiling glass, tall doors, courtyards, sunken living room, open space planning, integrated storage, showpiece kitchen are also an ideal I would aspire for.

But for me the most important is that I have an expansive view. Of mountains or water ideally. Hence I'm partial to properties that are on slopes or at least elevated.

I need lots of garden space for my kids to play in and for a nice infintity pool hehehe.

As for the garage ? I want it integrated into the man cave sana ;)

8. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Share ko lang sa inyo ang idea ng ilang mayayaman...

Ang bahay at sasakyan ay hindi mo masasabing isang asset dahil ito ay isang liablity. Pag malaki ang bahay mo e malamang malaki ang bayarin mo buwan buwan. Lalo na daw dito sa manila na hindi mo masasabing luxury ang aircon, ref, tv, washing machine.

Ang bahay o condo mo na binili ng 1M, malamang mabibinta mo lang ng 1.2M pagkatapos ng 5 to 10years. Panu kung nag mamadali kang mabinta, baka daw mabinta mo lang ng 900k.

Hindi niya sinabi na masama magkaroon ng sariling bahay pero sigurahin lang daw na maliit ang cost ng bahay.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ang bahay at sasakyan ay hindi mo masasabing isang asset dahil ito ay isang liablity. Pag malaki ang bahay mo e malamang malaki ang bayarin mo buwan buwan. Lalo na daw dito sa manila na hindi mo masasabing luxury ang aircon, ref, tv, washing machine.

Ang bahay o condo mo na binili ng 1M, malamang mabibinta mo lang ng 1.2M pagkatapos ng 5 to 10years. Panu kung nag mamadali kang mabinta, baka daw mabinta mo lang ng 900k.

Hindi niya sinabi na masama magkaroon ng sariling bahay pero sigurahin lang daw na maliit ang cost ng bahay.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    City, quite satisfied with the present town house we have. 240 sqm 4 floors, 5 bedrooms + maids' rm, 5 t&b, 2 car garage. BUT, we are saving money for at least a 300 sqm lot to build a 2 storey 3-4 bedroom house. My wife and I miss our garden in our old house, roof garden lang kasi meron sa town house. Ideally 200-250 sqm house, minimum 3 car garage but preferably 4 car. Contemporary design, lots of glass as we like it to be bright inside.

Wishing for at least a 5 hectare land in the province to build an elevated single storey 4 bedroom house, all around patio, thick concrete walls, polycarb shatter-proof glass windows, with small pool at the back, with a small fish pond/man made lake. 3.5 hectares will be riceland, 1/2 lake/fish pond, 3/4 hectare to mango and other fruit trees, 1/4 hectare to a vegetable garden. Big lawn and garden area up front and sides with trees around the perimeter of the garden for privacy. Solar panels and wind turbines for power. Underground pistol range and with a basement equipped for a zombie apocalypse.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Cathy is correct about the wide roads. That's a must.
    Wide roads with no street parking?

True that. I have a lawyer friend who was interested in a house and the only reason he did not buy was the street was not wide and he foresaw issues with neighbors on that.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyMe View Post

A house becomes a becomes a liability if the cost of upkeep is beyond one's means. I know of some who live in a condo but have several houses in prime subdivisions which they rent out with good returns. One of my friends has huge house in Dasma which he rents out... and he still stays with his parents. :rofl:

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast