New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just noting the absence of any posts by the "motivational speakers" on their "green" actions in their daily lives.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    - Always bring bag when taking grocery, almost 3 months na walang plastic bag used.

- LCD monitor and TV.

- Turn-off the lights when not needed, i dont use light when taking a shower.

- all lights are CFL's.

- Garbage segregation, collects boxes, bottles and plastic and donate them to garbage collectors.

- once a week cloths washing and ironing.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I Vanpool to and from work say about 80% of the time.
    My other car is PZEV
    We recycle soda cans, plastic bottles both at home and at work.
    LCD TVs

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    GH:
    Just noting the absence of any posts by the "motivational speakers" on their "green" actions in their daily lives.
    hehe

coz all they do is tell people to think positive and the Filipino can

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Done:

use of CFLs, recycling of water, re-use plastic bags, no aircon, no hair sprays, garbage segregation, etc.

To do:
    I'll support Tsikot partylist (if there is...), the greenpeace in congress.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So far after a week of using a timer to turn off/on my freeezer/ref between 12:00 midnight and 5:30 am, the stuff in the freezer stayed frozen, etc.

I am using the electronic timer from CDRKING. Rated for 3,500 watts, it has more than enough capacity to handle the load. P500 each and looking something like this:

(CDRKING website is down at the moment so can't link there)
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 29th, 2009 at 03:33 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. Joined Greenpeace and regularly contributing part of my meager heavily taxed income.
    2. Put insulation in roof to reduce heat in house,
    3. Designed our house to have an Atrium to naturally cool the air, this gives a natural breeze that circulates inside the house.
    4. Painted roof with light colors to reflect light (dati kasi kulay red clay).

The above (2,3,4) had major impact - our bill used to average 3,500/ month. Now, the house is bigger but uses less electricity - 1,800/month. All because we use less AC, less Fan, less Ref cooling requirement.

4. Driving a small car that sips 9~15k/liter, used only for long trips and office.
    5. Walk or bike for short trips that do not need me to arrive fresh.
    6. Segregate
    7. Recycle
    8. Replaced ref with high EER rating
    9. Bulbs - CFL
    10. I avoid processed foods, GMO

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There are ways to be "green" and there are just some ways that are weird...

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article...4&in_page_id=2

[SIZE="4"]Pee before you fly policy of Japanese airline[/SIZE]
    Empty bladder experiment by ANA will last four weeks
    By TED THORNHILL - Friday, October 2, 2009

Japanese airline ANA is introducing a policy that some think really takes the pee. They want passengers to relieve themselves before they board the aircraft, in a somewhat desperate attempt to reduce carbon emissions.

The airline's chiefs say that empty bladders means passengers will weigh less, so their fleet of aircraft will save fuel and reduce their carbon emissions.

All Nippon Airways reckons that the policy could lead to a five-tonne reduction in carbon emissions per month, as well as saving the company money.

The new regulation will be policed by 'loo monitors', who stand by boarding gates and take waiting passengers to the lavatories before they embark.

Japan's NHK television says that the loo rule, which began on October 1, is a four-week experiment that ANA may well poo-poo in the end.

It may sound plane crazy, but ANA should at least be given some credit for trying. After all, flying is the fastest-growing source of carbon dioxide emissions, accounting for more than 600 million tons of the greenhouse gas per year.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I pay my bills online. Less paper used, less travel (less fuel used) to the bank.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am looking into acquiring some high output LED light bulbs to replace certain CFLs that fail too-early too-often due to frequent on/off cycles.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
What have you done to be "GREEN" or "ECO-Friendly"?