New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    I have a mini garden in my Drive way and lots of plants to save enviroment of polluted air.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    My bathroom tissue paper comes from a cultivated forest. This prevents the cutting down of virgin forest for paper.

its still the same,even you used those paper from cultivated trees.it doesn't make sense,they still use trees..

[SIZE=4]keep clean and green..plant more trees..save our mother nature..[/SIZE]

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_akatsuke24 View Post
    its still the same,even you used those paper from cultivated trees.it doesn't make sense,they still use trees..
    True. It still uses trees but no new forests are cut down to make new paper. In that way, it's more carbon neutral. It helps preserve native virgin forests from being cut down.

The world cannot stop using paper but the world can stop cutting down virgin forests to make paper it needs.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    All organic wastes goes to my backyard compost-pit, that becomes fertilizer for my garden after several weeks.

Minimize use of mixed waste segregate plastics & batteries from trash bag

I buy only things i need and avoid low quality that ends up in the dump of electronic waste.

My farmlands have dedicated space for planting jemelinas, acacia, nara, and mahogany tree..

Future plans include powering-up electricity in my house and heat the shower using the sun.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i make sure my ride is not a smoke belcher. diesel ang sasakyan ko pero its good to say, hindi smoke belching even at high rpm's

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I download and read electronic versions of the magazines I normally buy monthly (like Popular Science, Motoring, etc). I use my netbook PC to read them at my convenience.

This saves in two ways, less paper and less cash used to buy them. Also the electronic copy uses less space after you read them (how many of you have stacks of old magazines gathering dust somewhere in your homes?).

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    - For over a year now we turn off Ref and Freezer at 11PM and turn it on at 5AM, saves us hefty on electric bills. No meltdown, since no one is opening the ref and freezer doors. Better than putting those costly power saver gadget.

- LCD monitor and TV.

- Desktop down to one, and more laptops sharing one USB modem and one USB stick router.

- CFL's on lot perimeter at night.

- Garbage segregation, collects bottles and plastic and donate them to garbage collectors.

- LPG car

- once a week cloths washing and ironing.

- Left over food fed to our Labradors

- we live in SJDM (the Green City), we have Avocado's, Mango's, Bayabas, Jack Fruit's, Sambong...Banaba, kangkong, talbos, papaya all over the street sides and vacant lots

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mile2 View Post
    - For over a year now we turn off Ref and Freezer at 11PM and turn it on at 5AM, saves us hefty on electric bills. No meltdown, since no one is opening the ref and freezer doors. Better than putting those costly power saver gadget.
    Hmmm, I would have thought the ref/freezer would just consume nearly the same power when you plug it back in the morning.

---------------

edit:

I'll try this out on my ref/freezer at home. I installed an electronic on/off timer to automatically switch the power. I'll check the electric bill in the next couple of months to see if there is a big difference.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 22nd, 2009 at 07:13 PM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    LCD monitor para less power
    minamaintain ang kotse ng mabuti para d smoke belcher

hindi ako umuutot ng matindi joke hehe

gumagamit rin ako nung pampatipid ng kotse

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
What have you done to be "GREEN" or "ECO-Friendly"?