New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Whoops. double post.......

Add: Heed the warnings of others here and don't leave the tar on the car too long.

Also... Sometimes, tar that I missed on the wash came right off while I'm waxing the car.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; June 18th, 2007 at 07:52 AM.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Those thin hairy tar strands are easy. The worst ones are the big splatters. You should see my cars after having driven at high speed over a newly-tarred highway for 20-30 miles. Also here, it's so hot the tar sometimes melted into liquid

You'll do fine. Just get started on it asap.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    If you kept your car well-waxed all the time, it shouldn't stick too hard. I always get tar on the paint everytime I take a long road trip. But, since I've kept my vehicles well-waxed, the tar came off with very light scrubbing from a rag and plain water.

If you didn't keep your car well-waxed, there are tar-removers. Spray on, wait a bit and then wipe off. It's just like waxing wooden furniture although a little more dirty. Best to follow directions on the product.

Add: Heed the warnings of others here and don't leave the tar on the car too long.

Also... Sometimes, tar that I missed on the wash came right off while I'm waxing the car.
    thanks jun....everything is noted naman...i'm learning lots of options here..

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Here:

don't forget /img at the end.

Hmmm. Doesn't work for me either. never mind.

Who drove over some fresh tar?
    Andami naman niyan ang hahaba pa. Ate kaskasera ka siguro

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Andami naman niyan ang hahaba pa. Ate kaskasera ka siguro
    di naman masyado syur ..di ko nga maalala kung saan e..di ko matandaan..buti nga isang side lang...kaso mahahaba talaga...hanggang gitna ng bumper umabot....di bale...asikasuhin ko agad...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    OT: I think this thread should be moved in the proper section.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    :clap: did it guys....wiped it clean with SOFT99 pitch and tar cleaner...took a pic but it wont load ...

thanks again....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
what is that hair-like thing??