New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: I think Mayor Binay is...

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • a hero fighting for our freedoms

1 4.35%
  • a clown

19 82.61%
  • who is Mayor Binay?

3 13.04%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Am now here in Ayala once more and the road is closed. It is 7:32. they said it would close at noon but we waited and waited so we could adjust meetings against it and they shut it right on rush hour. WTF?

Anyway I am all for free speech and all and everyone has an opinion on this but i walked to Ayala to see it empty save for a handful at the Ninoy Aquino statue with full media support from the TV stations. No watercannons or riot police like the old days. Now, obviously we know it is Binay who closed the street and what a strategic move during rush hour of a friday on payday weekend. will this help him gain popularity amongst those inconvenienced? maybe it is a brilliant strategy way ahead of its time. I wouldnt know. But others may say it is an abuse of his mayorship. Using power and position to justify his objective.

Or is he justified since he is fighting a cause and is using all means possible to achieve his honorable goal?

It is just a question and i wonder how you see this. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by midinite; December 15th, 2006 at 07:56 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    The right of free speech for all aside, it really depends on who's doing the protesting.

One of the more appalling sights I saw in an Ayala gathering was during the opposition's EDSA 3 dud: traffic was at a standstill in the streets, and some of Binay's juvenile goons were busy deflating the tires on the paralyzed buses, threatening bodily harm on any driver, conductor or passenger who dared to stop them. Why? They wanted to keep people from leaving, giving their gathering the illusion of popular support and, by extension, legitimacy.

As someone I knew once said, "The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
    Last edited by Bogeyman; December 15th, 2006 at 08:36 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    The right of free speech for all aside, it really depends on who's doing the protesting.

One of the more appalling sights I saw in an Ayala gathering was during the opposition's EDSA 3 dud: traffic was at a standstill in the streets, and some of Binay's juvenile goons were busy deflating the tires on the paralyzed buses, threatening bodily harm on any driver, conductor or passenger who dared to stop them. Why? They wanted to keep people from leaving, giving their gathering the illusion of popular support and, by extension, legitimacy.
    wasnt here to witness that wonderful exercise of political might. am so amazed after coming back to see all these. parang the idea of the rally has transformed. well, that is their way of expressing...what i find unsual is wala man lang riot police or what appears to be dispersal units like watercannons. unless naka tago? looks like a variety show now?
    Last edited by midinite; December 15th, 2006 at 09:00 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    If it's done within the mayor's jurisdiction and with his/her blessing, expect it to be given the greatest leeway possible, which explains the lack of riot police and water cannons. Heck, they don't even need to have a permit. And all those who are legitimately inconvenienced by the exercise, may promptly go to hell.

Such is political expression in the Republic of Binay.

Expect the same thing when, for example, Lito Atienza organizes his own rally in Manila.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; December 15th, 2006 at 09:16 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we need this gulo...para tumaas ulit ang dolyar....para masaya lahat ng ofw na kababayan natin....at para lalong ma-praning si GMA.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post

There was also that stone-throwing ruckus between Pro and Anti Erap people during the height of EDSA 2 also at Ayala, and some Pro-Erap fans pissing on the walls of the PSE. Man, if only the Singaporean method of straightening people (caning) found it's way to this country.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    naalala ko tuloy yung pinakita sa tv yung police na pinapatigil yung mga pro Erap sa pag sira ng mga gamit tapos na corner yung pulis tapos binugbog hangganag mamatay

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    minsan yung free speech nakakainis na, sumusobra na din, kasi mas nakakasagabal sila rather than doing any good...

i hope there would be a particular area to err grievances,para di sila makasagabal sa public traffic and sa ibang tao na gustong kumita...

for example if phil govt could declare a certain place lang for holding rally, para di sila maka distorbo...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    talagang sadista lang yan Mayor ni Makati. sabi mo nga rush hour, Friday night, Payday, 1 week before X'mas pa!

sadista sobra!

pero napanood ko sa news, ang unti-unti ng tao daw. looks like the people have another top priority: x'mas shopping. hehehe

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sana Saturday or Sunday nalang at wag weekdays at lalo na sa rush hours at sa mataong lugar. Kawawa naman mga commuters at drivers sa sobrang traffic
    Hinatid ko misis ko kanina around 12 Midnite. Maraming tao sa Edsa Ayala. Mga pauwi na galing work. And parang ang daming cars parin kahit 12 Am na. And also mga cars parang lahat nagmamadali. At nanjan nanaman ang mga crazy drivers sa Fort Area.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
what do you think of the rallies at Ayala?