New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 66bunny View Post
    I was in the DFA awhile ago and saw some soldiers getting their passports, makes me wonder why.

For all its worth, I respect them more than their commanders, I mean the foot soldiers and not the pencil pushers who rose to ranks doing table works.

Given the right equipments, I think we'll be up par or even better than the US Army.

My .02 cents.
    hmm bunny why were you at the DFA? by the way...halata ba na di tayo accountants. .02cents would be less than 2 cents. Anyway one question: who was left behind to conduct guerilla warfare against the japanese?

also through adversity comes real strength.

irony lang is that same hardiness is present in our rebels too. harder to fight someone with a cause kasi. diba kaya the US has to rely on heavy firepower? why? do their soldiers believe in their "cause"? more often than not the most dangerous "fighter" is one with a cause.
    Last edited by midinite; March 12th, 2007 at 08:03 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Heroes.. bilib ako sa doctors, dentist, engineers ng Army(AFP) kasi pwede naman sila mag trabaho ng private pero mas pinili mag serbisyo sa mga mahihirap at syempre sa mga soldiers kasi kahit binabatikos sila ng karamihan satin at halos isumpa sila ay pinoprutektahan parin nila tayo against rebels, goons at minsan sa calamity disasters..IMO! dapat sila ang pinakamalaking sweldo.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    frustrated wannabe!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    delta force? hehehe

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ill-equipped and underfed.

Years and years ago, there were a couple of military radio operators who wandered into a Ham radio band. We tried to explain in the simplest terms that they were violating international radio laws, but they insisted that they can use any frequency they want to, along with veiled threats (like it's gonna work on radio).

To make it short, another station heckled them, calling them "magnanakaw ng manok". I think they're a bit sensitive to it because of all the obscenities and profanities they yelled out afterwards. Umalis din sa wakas .

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The majority are still the good soldiers who are under paid and ill equipped to fight their battles. Try getting an American soldier to fight a war with the same equipment and watch them complain. The Philippine Army is one of the most battle tested armies in the world, considering they have been fighting an insurgency problem since the late 60's. Up until the first Gulf war the US military only had Grenada and Panama for experience since Vietnam. It's true that the US sends soldiers to the Philippines to be trained in jungle tactics and if the Pinoy had the same they equipment could out perform their counterpart in battle.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by midinite View Post
    hmm bunny why were you at the DFA? by the way...halata ba na di tayo accountants. .02cents would be less than 2 cents. Anyway one question: who was left behind to conduct guerilla warfare against the japanese?

also through adversity comes real strength.

irony lang is that same hardiness is present in our rebels too. harder to fight someone with a cause kasi. diba kaya the US has to rely on heavy firepower? why? do their soldiers believe in their "cause"? more often than not the most dangerous "fighter" is one with a cause.
    The Philippine Scouts(what remained of them), the Huks, and regular Juan Dela Cruz fought the Japanese after the the US left.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    reminds me of chess. foot soldiers are the pawns, pain lang talaga and really underpaid. while some generals are living in posh subdivisions, riding flashy cars and with fat savings accounts here and abroad. hehehe. onli n d pilipins!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Soldiers/Sgt/Lt,- they need help, badly.

Capt/Maj/Col/Gen,- they need to be investigated, ASAP.

2101:banana2:

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    EVIL!!!

But not EVIL enough as our COPS...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
What do you think of the Phil. Army?