New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Accidents and traffic stops

Since traffic accidents are common in the Philippines, it pays to be prepared for such an event. Due to the relatively low speeds of traffic movement, most accidents are minor. However, if you have a cell phone, it is a good idea to carry it in your vehicle. You should have a copy of your car’s registration, official receipt and auto insurance policy in the glove compartment. Also, you may want to keep a list of emergency phone numbers in the glove compartment. In all cases, police officers are prohibited from charging or requesting fees for any services.

What to do in the event of an accident:

1. Stop immediately and determine whether anyone has been hurt. If someone is injured, help take him/her to a hospital or call an ambulance.

2. Take all possible precautions to prevent additional accidents by stationing persons to direct traffic and clear the road of any debris.

3. If the other parties involved in the accident become hostile or accusatory, give them your name, phone number and business card and ask them to call you when they are calmer so you can work out the details.

4. If you feel at risk or threatened by the section of town where the accident took place, travel to the nearest police station or inform the nearest police officer. Philippine accident investigation procedures require the driver of an involved vehicle to report to the local police station to give a statement. Expect this request and cooperate if all parties are amicable.

5. Carry a photocopy of your Philippine Driver’s License and surrender this to the police. Do not give up your original license. This is often lost at the station and you’ll never get it back.

6. Be sure to obtain complete information about the other party – name, address, driver’s license number, license number of the vehicle and the name and address of the owner of the vehicle if other than the driver.

7. Do not express opinions about the accident except to the appropriate officials. Do not admit fault or liability.

8. Notify your insurance agent of the accident.

If you are given a traffic ticket, it should be in one of two forms: a Traffic Violation Ticket or a Temporary Operating Permit (if your license has been confiscated). If you receive a Traffic Violation ticket, the procedure for paying the fine is as follows:

1. Present your original TVR to the designated redemption center. If the yellow copy has not yet been submitted by the apprehending officer, your TVR will be given an extension of up to one week for you to return to represent your TVR.

2. Your assessment will be given to you.

3. If your penalty is a fine and you admit the violation you will be directed to the collector or cashier to pay the fine.

4. Present your official receipt to the Data Processing Section.

5. Wait for your name to be called for your license to be released.

This process should take about one hour but you may experience significant delays.

If you receive a Temporary Operator’s Permit after your license is confiscated, the following procedure applies:

1. Go to the LTO or agency 72 hours from the time of apprehension (this is the validity period of the TOP). There are times when the apprehending officer cannot, for some reason, submit the copy to that LTO office or agency during the time allotted, in which case you would be given an extension not to exceed one week.

2. Go to the Law Enforcement Section where a case number will be given to you.

3. Use this case number to identify yourself at the Traffic Adjudication Section.

4. If you admit to the violation, you will be ordered to pay a fine.

5. If you contest the validity of the violation, the apprehending officer will receive a subpoena for a confrontation with you before a Traffic Adjudication Section lawyer within one week.

6. If admitting to the violation, pay the fine. You should receive an official receipt.

7. After paying the fine, your license should be returned.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    If you or someone you know is a victim of a car accident, these are some actions you should take immediately:

If you or anyone else is injured, call an ambulance or have someone else call, or go to the emergency department of a hospital.

If the other driver does not stop, call the police immediately.

Protect Your Legal Rights

Try to obtain licence plate number of drivers involved.

Exchange insurance details and driver's licence number with drivers involved in accident.

Obtain names, addresses and phone numbers of any witnesses.

Report to police and obtain name, badge number and phone number of investigating officer so that you have a contact.

If any property is taken by police as evidence, you should make sure that you receive a written receipt for these items.

If there is a significant time lapse before you make a statement to police, try recording your own memories of the incident as soon as possible.

If you do make a statement to the police, read it carefully before you sign it.

Even if you did not require urgent medical attention at time of accident, you should go for a medical examination as soon as possible and document any injuries received.

Take photographs of injuries to your person as soon as possible.

Take photographs of damage to your vehicle.

Take photographs of road conditions that existed at the time of the accident.

Keep a diary account of how your injuries and the incident have affected you.

Protect Your Financial Interests

Notify your insurance company.

Consider seeking legal advice.

Keep account of any costs you incur.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    up ko lang...baka pwede rin gawing sticky. handy tong mga info na to.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    up, very informative e

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Buhayin ko na lang, informative kasi...

The next question is what happens AFTER, considering the inefficiency of our laws.

I was involved in one (my first) recently and pareho kaming walang insurance.
    Sa left side door ako binangga siya sa harap (right bumper).
    Ako diretso takbo siya pa-left turn. Sabi nya ako daw bumangga sa kanya at sya pa galit.
    Pina-pulis namin para may record. Nung d kami magkasundo, tinuloy ko yung pag-file ng kaso. Sabi nung police sila na daw magpa-file, tawagan na lang daw namin.

Di naman kalakihan damage, not worth the hassle talaga, pero ayaw ko lang mapunta sa wala baka mangbangga uli yung ogag na yun. Alam din natin na mabagal yung kaso, so I think umaasa sya na mapagod ako (style na bulok yata ito).

Ito ngayon ang mga tanong ko:

1. Anong kaso ba pwede i-file nung police?

2. We ask a friend laywer, sabi nya criminal case daw ito, tama ba?

3. Magre-reflect ba ito sa NBI clearance nya habang di pa tapos yung kaso?

4. While waiting for the case to finish, pwede ba ipa-hold sasakyan nya o license?

5. I ask another experienced driver, sabi nya mostly "takutan" na lang daw. Di naman ganun kalaki para kalabitin ko mga connections ko. Ayaw ko rin ng gulo, pero ito na lang ba talaga ang "norm" sa pinas?

6. Pag manalo man ako, pwede ba bawiin yung perwisyo ko, such as leaves, absences, pagod? Ito kasi yung lumalaki habang tumatagal at di basta-basta ma-predict. (may nabasa ako dito na nung manalo halos 4x pa yung ginastos nila kaya lugi din daw)

Sana meron tayong post-accidents guide so we know what to expect. Hassle talaga kasi.
    Kung may thread na ganito paki-link naman. thanks in advance.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    UP!!! any useful ideas...

ot: mukhang mali yata kinalagyan nitong thread na ito...

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    salamat po sa info, up ko lang po yung thread.. malaking bagay po sa mga baguhang mya sasakyang tulad ko.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Up lang natin ito. Drive safely folks.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Khi b?n có nh?ng ý tu?ng l?n d? T? ch?c s? ki?n,, t? ch?c các ho?t d?ng,
    s? ki?n cho doanh nghi?p c?a mình thì lúc dó b?n c?n tìm m?t nhÃ* cung c?p d? nang l?c d? th?c hi?n nó.
    Du?c thÃ*nh l?p t? nam 2004, Công ty c? ph?n Qu?c t? Vietsea ngÃ*y cÃ*ng kh?ng d?nh du?c thuong hi?u c?a mình trong 3 linh v?c ho?t d?ng chÃ*nh c?a công ty: Teambuilding, T? ch?c S? ki?n, Event, - L? hÃ*nh Qu?c t?, Travel luxury
    Hi?n nay Vietsea có tr? s? chÃ*nh d?t t?i HÃ* N?i, van phòng d?i di?n t?i DÃ* N?ng vÃ* Tp. H? ChÃ* Minh.
    V?i ch?t lu?ng d?ch v? luôn du?c d?t lên hÃ*ng d?u, trong nhi?u nam qua Vietsea dã nh?n du?c s? h?p tác quý báu c?a r?t nhi?u khách hÃ*ng l?n nhu T?p doÃ*n Unilever ; T?p doÃ*n Phú Thái; Vi?n Dông; B?o hi?m AIA; T?p doÃ*n B?o Vi?t; Vi?n thông Viettel; Mobifone; VNPT; HUD; HANDICO; Petrolimex; Petro Vietnam; Techcombank; Sacombank; Military Bank; BIDV; Hanoi-Saigon Bank; HABECO; LiOA; KOVA group; TOTO, Foxconn, . vÃ* còn nhi?u khách hÃ*ng thân thi?t khác.
    Chúng tôi cung c?p d?ch v? trên ph?m vi toÃ*n th? gi?i v?i các ho?t d?ng Team building, cho doanh nghi?p (xây d?ng d?i ngu lÃ*m vi?c nhóm trong doanh nghi?p), các chuong trình H?i th?o, H?i ngh?, Khai truong,
    L? d?ng th?, t? ch?c các bu?i ti?c theo ch? d?, t? ch?c các chuong trình bi?u di?n chuyên nghi?p. VÃ* bên c?nh dó, chúng tôi còn có m?t trung tâm L? hÃ*nh qu?c t? v?i
    d?i ngu nhân viên giÃ*u kinh nghi?m (gi?y phép l? hÃ*nh qu?c t? s? 01-145/LHQT).
    V?i nh?ng sáng t?o trong s?n ph?m c?a mình vÃ* d?i ngu nhân viên chuyên nghi?p, kinh nghi?m, Vietsea s? mang d?n cho khách hÃ*ng nh?ng l?a ch?n t?t nh?t.T? ch?c s? ki?n chuyên nghi?p nh?t.
    Chúng tôi hân h?nh chÃ*o dón b?n d?n v?i Vietsea !

What to do in the event of an accident: