The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    you know what they say..... LIKE FATHER LIKE SON

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    BOYBI, wait till they reach around 7 years old. then the real fun begins (at least from what I remember doing).

OT: or is this the reason why kids are such spoiled brats nowadays?

I don't think that it is the only reason. Creating a spoiled brat is not only because you refuse to hit your child. A bunch of practices would make a child spoiled such as: Giving whatever they want or eat, following whatever they want to do, Not calling their attention when having a bad behavior, giving money deliberately and spending it at their disposal and so many things. This would definitely make a spoiled brat.

I simply don't beleive on corporal punishment cause if you communicate with someone especially your own child, there should be an understanding or at least a connection for the child to follow by simply who you are to them. YOU CAN ALWAYS TALK TO THEM and call their attention again and again and again but not hit them. Communication is not exclusive for adults only, you can talk to your kids as well, So much so that we beleive corporal punishment as the only way to discipline a child, when we very well know that it is not the only way to discipline kids.

Sa atin kasi, spoiled brats are born out of lack of attention sa parents when parents don't give a damn sa mga anak nila. Pinababayaan lang sa mga yaya at binibigay na lang lahat ng mga gusto. Also, we always equate a spoiled brat to a child who is outspoken and I personally do not agree with that. Instead, encourage your child to speak out whatever they feel. Ito yung dahilan kung bakit andaming Pilipino with low self-esteem kasi pinapagalitan when they try to speak-out when they were kids.

Problema lang kasi is that we think that a child is a small adult, and that we can teach them adult ways. As a matter of fact, they can't act like one since their intellectual development is on a stage that wouldn't allow them to act like an adult as of yet. It will be quite amazing to see a 5-year old child to act like an 18-year-old. If there's a way to make it work like this, wala nang problema ang parents. But a child is a child and it is only a matter of time for kids to actually gain awareness and it is the parents responsibility to guide them to their awakening to adult life.

Personally, I don't want to be the one whom my child will recall in his adult years who taught him violence in action. Do you?
    Last edited by cyberdoc95; February 9th, 2005 at 10:05 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    good call on putting those corner protectors sir boybi. ung isang lumang lamesa sa bahay, dati pointed ung corners nun. my dad filed down the corners after my brother's head showed an astounding attraction to table corners B).

kumusta na ung anak mong me WD40? you didn't shave his head did you? B). nung bata pa ako i found a bottle with some gooey stuff in it on my uncle's desk. when they said it was gel, tinikman ko -- akala ko gelatin B).

kung sa pagkakulit ng bata, i think its ok to just let them be -- better to have a healthy, makulit na child than a sickly one -- pero when it comes to manners, treating other people, etc., then i believe it's the family's responsibility to discipline the child. You should not treat your relationship with kids(while they're young and stupid) as a democracy, 'coz

democracy - responsiblity = anarchy
    Last edited by badkuk; February 9th, 2005 at 09:56 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir boybi sobrang natawa talaga ako sa story mo.. naiimagine ko kasi parang sitcom e hehehe
    its stories like those that make me realize na di pa talaga ako ready magka-anak ahihihi

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sarap bumalik sa pagka bata no?

kahit may kapalpakan na magawa ok lang kasi mga bata pa. :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    malaking bagay iyang corner protector para sa bata...

ngayon nga kapag may bibilhin kaming maliit na furniture, yung kanto palagi ang tinitingnan ko...kapat di pabilog at matulis ang kanto eh ayaw ko na agad...

sir boybi mana nga sa ama he he...wag mo bibigyan ng sedan na mataas ang bhp kapag lumaki na mga iyan
    Last edited by chieffy; February 9th, 2005 at 10:18 AM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    kala ko kung ano na nangyari sa mga kids :D

goodthing they are ok.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi ingat ka kung nakuha ng anak mo yun aerosol it means nasa lugar na kayang abutin lang ng bata, 2 weeks ago yun apo ng family friend namin ganyang din super kulit pumunta doon sa basment ng bahay nila tapos nag laro ng gaas, tapos nakakita ng posporo ayun nasunog actually na takbo pa sa hospital pero namtay rin kaya...dapat itago talag yun mga dangerous na bagay sa bata....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay
    keep a video cam handy, you'll never know...
    Tapos padala mo sa AFV... kikita ka pa pag nanalo.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    childproof your home...pero alam mo naman ang mga boys maski naka childproof kana hindi pa rin sapat...

so extra eyes na lang dapat...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
What a disastrous night...for my kids