New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    http://www.admu.edu.ph/degrees.php?office_id=65

what course would you choose among the following?

ATENEO
    BS Communications Technology Management
    BS Legal Management
    BS Management
    BS Management Engineering

DLSU
    BS Accounting, BS Apllied Economics

i passed legal management in ateneo and AEBSA in dlsu.. but im thinking more of ateneo. and il just shift to management engineering or communcations technology management

what would your choice be? HELP!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bs commtech in admu is good.got some friends naman there..but i dont have mujch info.

bs LM if youre going to law after.

bs management- if you are really good in MATH and super interested in managing a business..

bs ME...if you wanna have a life...dont get this.joke. very busy course.kinda overrated, imho. my stereotype kasi na matatalino ang mga ME sutdents of ateneo...BMH is actually harder.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BS MCT sa admu has more of a sosi-type crowd than the others hehe...

if you're gonna take ME, be advised that math in ateneo is hard. math 18 (precalculus), math 21 (advanced introductory calculus I), and math 22 (advanced calculus II) palang mahirap na even for high-ranked math students from xavier, ica, and ateneo hs hehe. medyo mataas yung attrition rate ng ME after first year. some say ME is overrated, pero pinag-aagawan talaga ng mga dambuhalang multinational companies yung mga high-ranked ME graduates

if you're gonna shift, do it na this april or may palang kung pwede, before the 1st sem (you enroll into your new course na kaagad sa 1st sem) para hindi ka na ma-hassle pa. just write a letter to the office of admissions, as long as meron pang slots dun sa course na lilipatan mo and your ACET/grades are enough to get you into that course

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    parang too much work nga yung ME..

BS MCT... sosi type crowd? anu yung mga opportunties ng mga grad ng course na to? parang mas gs2 ko siya kaysa sa iba.. parang gs2 ko mgpashift dito from legal management.. what do you guys think?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    To answer you question, why not ask yourself first of what are you going to do after college?

This was the same question that I asked myself when I was choosing my course....

Madali lang mag-aral (kahit na ilang calculus pa ang sabakin mo)....pero sabihin ko sa iyo e mas mahirap humanap ng trabaho kahit nakatapos ka na ng pag-aaral (lalo na yung hindi tapos) at lalong mas mahirap humanap ng trabaho ka kikita ka ng sapat or gusto mo para masustain ang kalidad ng buhay na gusto mo.

In fact, minsan hindi mo nga magamit yung calculus na naitake mo nung college sa work e.

Try to think 4 or 6 years from now...or kung kaya mo 10 years from now....where would you want to be or what would you want to be?

Some basic guides for me when I was at your stage (some 20 years ago).....

1) I don't want an office job sana.
    2) Ako sana ang boss and not an employee.
    3) I work on my own time.
    4) Earn enough to live a life I want.
    5) Basics needs ng tao ay FOOD, CLOTHING, SHELTER...so anything along this line of work/study will never stop sa opportunity of work.

These made me decide to take a course that I have never even imagine in my existing life....but after 20 years it was well worth the decission I made....I have attained the 5 points and a few PLUS.

As for which school....dadag palamuti lang iyan sa resume. Being a graduate of one of the top schools would always be an advantage but never an assurance of having a good life later on.

Alam mo mas may bearing pa yung kung sino ang magiging friends mo during your school/college days - they become your "Connections" in your later life.

my 2 cents. hth

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    choose the course that u really like coz in my case, nakigaya lang ako course sa friends ko, i wasnt happy so i shifted pa

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    i like any course that will help me start my own business.. pretty much the same ang gs2 ko sa gs2 mo wild thing.. i dont want to climb the corporate ladder, i want to make my own.. bsta inclined to business ang kukunin ko, ok ako dun.. kasi wala pa naman ako solidong gs2 na course eh, i can learn to love any pa..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    igol, please make use of your computer keyboard and refrain from sms shortcuts.
    Last edited by pajerokid; February 16th, 2004 at 04:45 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tumpak ang sinabi ni wildthing.
    during my time i can see that i'll be handling the family business,
    that's why i studied business mgt/administration (UST)
    eventhough i passed Ateneo (legal mgt)/DLSU (forgot course)

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    it depends kung ano ang gusto mo talaga. kung gusto mo i-manage ang sarili mong business e di kumuha ka ng may kinalaman sa business. at least di ba kung hindi mo magamit agad, pwede kang maging employee muna then saka mag-business kung may puhunan na.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
What college course?!?!