New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Rewarding one's kid might work kung ang basis ay sa grades.... but the thing with it is how can you be sure may natutunan nga...pede minemorize lang or nag cheat (wag naman sana).

Mejo, mahirap na mag encourage kapag grade 5 na... baka naman napapabarkada kaya wala na schoolwork sa utak. When i was in highschool napabarkada den ako kaya nawalan ng gana to study.

What my mom did, tinanggal ang mga distractions: Telepono, computer, tv. That'll help. . . .

Anyway, just a little thought, bka naman nabobore sha sa lessons kaya walang gana... My sister had the same problem when we were kids. There was a time na walang gana pumasok at mag aral ate ko. The teacher had to talk to my mom about it. When my mother asked my sister what was wrong her reply was, "E lahat ng tinuturo alam ko na eh" (yabang noh?) :lol:

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    And you'll be amazed on how much kids soak up knowledge...

Anak ko parang di nakikinig pag tinuturuan (granted, he's not even 2yo yet), but magugulat ka nalang, like the other day, nakatayo lang kami outside the house, he pointed at the water meter one-by-one and counted one to six without us assisting...

Note, wala pa syang 2 ha...

Kung pinipilit namin sya magbasa or magaral ng mga shapes, letters, numbers etc di sya interested.
    Heh my mom has a lot of these classic baby stories about me and my siblings. If you remember those plastic balls with holes that had matching blocks you insert in them, my mom tells me I shock people to death saying "trapezoid" as I insert the trapezoid piece at age <= 2.

Yes, children don't like being forced stuff on them and love learning at their own pace.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    ako i started to go to school at age 6.

natuto ako magbasa nang grade 3 kaya hindi ako ganun kagaling nung elementary at high school.

elementary puro bagsak ako pero hindi ako nagrepeat nang grade petro puro bagsak talaga.

high school medyo nag iisip na ako mag aral hindi na ako bumabagsak pero hindi pa din ganun kataas.

college ako binigyan ako nang mother ko nang 6 yrs sa college pero mali sila tinapos ko nang 3 and half yrs at may honor pa ako nagtapos.

Ngayon maganda trabaho ko at position ko sa edad ko nato bata pa ako

You cannot tell kung ano magiging kinabukasan nang bata kahit hindi maganda grades nya. Dapat pamulat lang nyo sa kanya na maganda ang buhay at lahat ay dapat pagsikapan.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    a: started studying seriously nung 1st year high school. maagaa ako pinasok sa pag aaral, so 2 yrs ahead ang age gap nang mga classmates ko. buti na lang 2x ako naging repeater (di ko to ikinakahiya) pagdatin ko nang (2nd time) 1st yr. highschool - its an even playing field.. lahat kami 13yrs old. tama si VanWilder, pag maagang ipinasok sa pag aaral ang bata, ambilis nang maturity both physical & emotional.

b. reward system. imo, panget sya. ang bata gagalaw lang dahil may reward sya, parang pet dog. ako noon nag aaral mabuti para magkaroon nang transformers na toy * hindi dahil sa future, etc. the best way is to make it fun for him/her. your child has to want to go to school. alis kayong dalawa sa bahay. sit down with your child, calmly ask him what the problem is. then ask him if he still wants to go to school.

OT: i saw a documentary once on national geo. study was conducted ata in the UK. they supplemented children with Omega-3 softgels. ayun nagkahilig ang bata sa pag aaral * gumanda performance sa school.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    how was it with us?hhmmm we grew up with strict grandparents.
    We are allowed to watch tv only after we finished our homework.
    It was very much stressed to each and everyone in our family that whoever fails to be part of the honor roll is stupid.
    Our family always gives cash when we get grades above 90.
    If we bring more medals and certificate of achievements we get more.
    I studied more and more back then cause my family were very competitive. I want to bring more and more medals or trophies home. And during family reunions our aunts/uncles will look at them and i can see how proud my mom and dad was with our achievements.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ihateyouandme
    It was very much stressed to each and everyone in our family that whoever fails to be part of the honor roll is stupid.
    I studied more and more back then cause my family were very competitive. I want to bring more and more medals or trophies home. And during family reunions our aunts/uncles will look at them and i can see how proud my mom and dad was with our achievements.

parang you will inflict sibling rivalry nyan.

Hindi maiiwasan ang inggitan at awayan in the long run.

Kaw gagawin mo yan pag may anak kana?

Just asking...

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    It was when i was in grade one that i realized how good it felt to be part of the honor students. When i was a in kindergarten i didnt have any honor. And i wasn't part of those people in front whom the teachers really loved. When grade one came i made it a point to be part of honor student. If i can be the first honor I will. I noticed that once a kid starts during those early years it somehow turns out to be a habit. Excellent will always be a part of you when you have it inculcated during those early times. I am really glad that my parents bought us a lot of books (encyclopedias, almanac,atlas, puzzles....). Im glad that my grandparents were also strict with us. Highschool and college wasn't hard anymore. It was so easy to get in to any school.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699
    parang you will inflict sibling rivalry nyan.

Hindi maiiwasan ang inggitan at awayan in the long run.

Kaw gagawin mo yan pag may anak kana?

Just asking...
    Let's just say that i will make sure no one will lag behind.
    Ah yes, i was jealous with my brother before cause he was always the first, champion, valedictorian...and so on. My mom absolutely loved him. But i grew out of it.

What i will probably do is monitor their performance all throughout.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ihateyouandme
    Reminds me of a recent event last October...

Me: Ma, bagsak ako ng finals ng math, mukhang sabay na kame ga-graduate ni bro.
    Mother: Ok lang yan, basta wag ka babagsak ulit.

3 days later...

Me: Ma! TRES AKO SA MATH!
    Mother: Mabuti naman <truncated>
    Tita: O, sige, pakain kayo ha!

hehehehehe...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    laki ako sa pressure ng parents to excel..kaya naman wala yata akong pinalampas na medal.hehe.

actually, im thankful sa parents ko na ginanun nila ako.kasi yung kanila, pressure na hindi naman sobra.they give me a "prize" for every medal or award that i get every year. pero pag bumababa ang grade, may tinatanggal sila saking gusto ko...like tv.or a toy.good psychology of bringing up a child, if i may say.they brought me up thinking na importante ito at yun lang ang maibabalik ko sa kanila.

at oo..nagamit ko naman siya hanggang college.hanggang post grad sa med school nagagamit ko ang disiplinang ito.(but i quit since im going abroad)

ive been studying for the past 21 years....and im 24 now.feeling ko nga pumupurol na utak ko kakaaral.hehehehe...hindi naman siguro.

next year siguro aral ulit ako after i earn some money of my own.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
What Age/Level Did You Really Start Studying? How to Encourage Your Kid To Study?