New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    he is not richer than any of those, because if he is... how come he is not listed at USA's list?

besides the article said 'multi-million dollar' companies, not 'multi-billion dollar' companies... exag lang talaga mga filipino... credible ba naman yun sabihin na 'is estimated to have a $5 billion fortune, according to those who knew him' anyone can make a claim, but not everyone can show us the money... show me the money, then i'll believe he is a billionaire... eddie gil once claimed he is the richest man...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by van_wilder View Post
    he is not richer than any of those, because if he is... how come he is not listed at USA's list?

besides the article said 'multi-million dollar' companies, not 'multi-billion dollar' companies... exag lang talaga mga filipino... credible ba naman yun sabihin na 'is estimated to have a $5 billion fortune, according to those who knew him' anyone can make a claim, but not everyone can show us the money... show me the money, then i'll believe he is a billionaire... eddie gil once claimed he is the richest man...
    +1 on this...

He might be a multi-millionaire... but not a billionaire... if his wealth came from legit source (semicon) then Forbes would not have missed him.

Another funny thing, you equate the value of the home ($20M) with his wealth? That's so lame. So if Bill Gates has a $50M and is worth $50B, he then is worth $20B? :rofl01:

Two Lear jets? That's just "ordinary" for multi-millionares across the USA. Heck, John Travolta has his own Boeing 707 for crying out loud. :rofl01:

This is not saying that I disrespect him or his work but the author of the said article is just so.... ummm... :doh:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I want to see more of this kind of article. Tired of hearing pinoy being nurse, doctors, tnt's here in the US. We need to produced more of this kind of guy.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    you mean we need more fiction???

:fly:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    +1 on this...

He might be a multi-millionaire... but not a billionaire... if his wealth came from legit source (semicon) then Forbes would not have missed him.

Another funny thing, you equate the value of the home ($20M) with his wealth? That's so lame. So if Bill Gates has a $50M and is worth $50B, he then is worth $20B? :rofl01:

Two Lear jets? That's just "ordinary" for multi-millionares across the USA. Heck, John Travolta has his own Boeing 707 for crying out loud. :rofl01:

This is not saying that I disrespect him or his work but the author of the said article is just so.... ummm... :doh:
    Dado Banatao is one of the most highly respected Filipinos in the engineering field. But he's not richer than Sy, Tan and Zobel combined, the misleadingly (or rather self-deceptively) titled article (which got his name wrong, too) greatly exaggerates this fact. Heck, he's not even richer than any one of them.
    Last edited by Alpha_One; March 11th, 2007 at 11:19 PM.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    ^^^^^^^

this = truthiness

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chairman View Post
    The second article by Emil Jurado, is not accurate. The name is not Conrado, it's Diosdado. I also don't think he's richer than the three combined. I'm not even sure he's richer than Ayala, Sy or Tan separately.

He also doesn't have 20 venture capital firms. AFAIK, he only has several which he is personally involved in. These firms have investments in other companies. Now those will total 20 or above.

After attending Mapua, he studied at PAL to become a pilot. But before becoming one, I think it was Boeing who hired him and brought him to the US.

I've met him several times. He's a very down to earth person, given his stature. He's definitely one of the richer Filipinos. Or at least Filipino decent. I'm not sure he's a Filipino citizen anymore and that's why he's probably not on the Forbes list. I also don't think he has a $5 billion fortune. He would have definitely made the Forbes list of richest people in the world if that were the case. He's rich that's for sure.

Although he's rich now, he doesn't flaunt it in an obsence way. When you meet him in person he's simple. He dresses simply, acts simply and is very low key. He doesn't even have a driver or staff in the U.S. like most rich people do. Someone cleans their house for them but on a part-time basis. No maids or chauffers or anything like that. The only staff I know are the pilots for his planes.

Since this is tsikot and to keep it somewhat related, he does love cars, especially porsches. His current ride the last time I checked is a Carrera GT. His wife drives a Cayenne Turbo.

I'm really sad to see that Emil Jurado wrote such an erroneous article. He should have checked his facts first.

tama kau...medyo mali mali ata ang mga info about Dado Banatao.
    sabi pa sa article he doesn't have any time for the academe... he is one of the Board of Trustees of Mapua.

i've met him a lot of times...lalo na nung nasa mapua pa ako.. he a simple guy, nice and very approachable, too.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by GasJunkie View Post

hahahah

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Dado Banatao is not fiction. He's the real deal. The article by Emil Jurado is the one that's fiction.

Some of what's written here is true. He is rich and he does have several planes although none I think are Lear Jets. Lear is a brand. I think he has something else. Definitely not a Lear. I forgot the name.

Like what the others said, he his rich but not as rich or richer than Tan, Sy or Ayala. In fairness the three are older than him. He has time to catch up.

But he did make his fortune by brains, hard work and perseverance. He's a true self made man. From walking to school, he now has his own jet. That's an admirable story, anyway you put it. His wealth was made in a legitimate manner.

After a certain amount of money, it's all accounting anyway. Whether or not he's a billionaire, doesn't really matter anymore. All of us should be inspired as to how this boy from the province made it to the big leagues.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2004

Quote Originally Posted by chairman View Post
    Dado Banatao is not fiction. He's the real deal. The article by Emil Jurado is the one that's fiction.

Some of what's written here is true. He is rich and he does have several planes although none I think are Lear Jets. Lear is a brand. I think he has something else. Definitely not a Lear. I forgot the name.

Like what the others said, he his rich but not as rich or richer than Tan, Sy or Ayala. In fairness the three are older than him. He has time to catch up.

But he did make his fortune by brains, hard work and perseverance. He's a true self made man. From walking to school, he now has his own jet. That's an admirable story, anyway you put it. His wealth was made in a legitimate manner.

After a certain amount of money, it's all accounting anyway. Whether or not he's a billionaire, doesn't really matter anymore. All of us should be inspired as to how this boy from the province made it to the big leagues.
    I think GJ knows Dado is not fiction. What GJ is referring to is the gross exaggeration of his wealth, for whatever reason. Must be for that "underdog/unsung hero" effect, it's magic, it mesmerizes people.

Hey, guess what, I seem to have violated my own sig!

Banatao is indeed a wealthy Filipino not on the Forbes list. He may (or may not) be the wealthiest Filipino not on the Forbes list. But he's probably not richer than either Henry, Jaime, or Lucio (much less the three put together). Anyway, idol ko yang si Dado Banatao. I'm taking up Computer Engineering, and he's not new to me. Definitely a guy to look up to. To think that I've only heard of him when I started studying Engineering! Basta sakin andun parin yung inspiration, yung hiwaga, ika nga - no need for making up grossly exaggerated stuff. He's rich. He's legit. Full stop.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
The Wealthiest Filipino...not on Forbes List