New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi All!

I'm currently staying at BF Resort and am wondering why the water pressure is so low?

It pretty much trickles around 11 PM until about 6 AM then it's dry as a bone. Not even air comes out!

I don't think the neighbors experience this as they have booster pumps and tank systems.

While it is obvious that I should probably do the same, I'm just wondering how it will work if the water input is so low. It might burn out the pump.

Any ideas and suggestions to improve the water flow or what the problem may be?

If we can get regular flow, then there will be no need for tank and booster since it's just a bungalow type structure though a tank system will be good for those drought times of the year.

Thanks and hope to hear from y'all soon

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mahina yata talaga tubig dyan sa inyo...do you have maynilad ba or yun association ang nag supply ng water sa inyo?

the best to have a water pump install baka hinde na umaabot sa inyo since all your neighbors had one installed on them...

I think there is something that you can install sa water pumps that it will automatically shuts off pag walang pressure yun water....

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    You should buy italian water pumps such as Nocchi, this is what we usually give to our clients pag nagpapagawa ng water systems. It's around 15k for the 1HP. Be careful though as I've heard there are imitations of this from where else, China.

If and when it can't pump any water, it will turn itself off. Once the water touches the hydrolever, it'll pump automatically.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I think there is something that you can install sa water pumps that it will automatically shuts off pag walang pressure yun water....
    afaik, all water pumps comes with pressure switch.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang problem if you connect your water pump directly to the inlet pipe, kung may leak ang main pipe ng Maynilad, masisipsip ng pump yung dumi. To prevent this, magkabit ka muna ng isang reservoir tank. Dito muna papasok yung tubig ng Maynilad, then dito kukuha ng tubig yung pump mo which then goes into a pressure tank. From the pressure tank, malakas na nyan ang pressure ng tubig nyo.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Bro.,- I suggest you build a cistern. And then from there, get yourself a pressure tank and a pressure pump. You do not violate anything and your conscience is clear.... (The same as what boybi was saying.....)

4303:gun:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I agree with CVT. Install a cistern and maybe then connect that to a pressure tank. Then have it configured in such a way that you can easily switch from your pressure tank to your direct water line just in case water pressure is low for prolonged periods of time.

Don't get a booster pump cause this might make your water dirty by creating negative pressure in your pipes.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK matagal ng problema yang tubig sa BF Homes.

IIRC there is still an issue (problem) between the residents and the homeowners association of the BF Resort regarding letting Maynilad or Manila Water (or whoever) supply the water. I'm not sure but it's something like BF Homeowners officials wont let Maynilad or Manila Water into the subdivision to lay pipes for the water because the BF Homeowners officials wanted to control, or something to that effect, the entry of the water service provider.

I remember watching sa TV yung residents na nag complain about this. Matagal ng problema yan dyan sa BF.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Im from las pinas, have the same sentiment as you are, so my dad had Deep well installed samen, around 80K ata yun if im not mistaken

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    if possible lipat ka na lang ng bahay.....nakapunta na ako sa mga friends ko na nakatira sa BF homes.......hirap nga jan dahil walang tubig.....

Kaya mura lupa jan dahil walang tubig at daanan ng eroplano eh.....

Weak water pressure at the house