New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    isa pa yan di lang sa labada, pati yun pag-shower dami nauubos sa water supply natin pag say 10,000 to 100,000 ang magbababike. tapos pag naaksidente, mas magastos. i'm sure magmamahal din ang insurance ng mga tsikot pag may bike lane kasi mas malaki ang damage ng insurance companies pag aksidente

at this day and age, bikes are a thing of the past. there is a reason why Henry Ford invented the autmobile in the late 1800's to replace bikes. and there is a reason why horses were replaced by bikes. ibig sabihin they are phased out.

---

kung gusto nyo bike lane, i-lobby nyo na kagad sa congress dun sa Clark and Sta Rosa and other special economic zones para magkarun kagad ng planning. dito kasi sa Manila para unrealistic eh, parang nag-green kuno lng para mapansin lang ba. o nakaranas ng konti relief sa pawis sa pagbaba-bike eh kelangan eh yun na ang tama. hello, i perspire in the gym everyday, I am more fit than those bikers who climb sierra madre with their SUVs and bike rack and MTB as bike gears.

imagine para lang pumayat, halos P100,000K+ na nagastos , eh sa gym la pang 20K / month. tapos wala din nman pumapayat kasi hindi naman talaga effective ang weekend biking. exercise and getting fit cannot be resolved during free times and weekends. living healthy is a lifestyle.
    kaya naman weekend biking. i bike only on weekends. freetime and weekends lang naman makaka work out, it all boils down to intensity of the training, i dont even mind what i eat

yung 100k one time gastos lang naman yun. yung 20k per month mo bawi na ng 100k bike in 6mos

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    isa pa yan di lang sa labada, pati yun pag-shower dami nauubos sa water supply natin pag say 10,000 to 100,000 ang magbababike. tapos pag naaksidente, mas magastos. i'm sure magmamahal din ang insurance ng mga tsikot pag may bike lane kasi mas malaki ang damage ng insurance companies pag aksidente

at this day and age, bikes are a thing of the past. there is a reason why Henry Ford invented the autmobile in the late 1800's to replace bikes. and there is a reason why horses were replaced by bikes. ibig sabihin they are phased out.

---

kung gusto nyo bike lane, i-lobby nyo na kagad sa congress dun sa Clark and Sta Rosa and other special economic zones para magkarun kagad ng planning. dito kasi sa Manila para unrealistic eh, parang nag-green kuno lng para mapansin lang ba. o nakaranas ng konti relief sa pawis sa pagbaba-bike eh kelangan eh yun na ang tama. hello, i perspire in the gym everyday, I am more fit than those bikers who climb sierra madre with their SUVs and bike rack and MTB as bike gears. imagine para lang pumayat, halos P100,000K+ na nagastos , eh sa gym la pang 20K / month. tapos wala din nman pumapayat kasi hindi naman talaga effective ang weekend biking. exercise and getting fit cannot be resolved during free times and weekends. living healthy is a lifestyle.
    talagang naisingit pa talaga yun pag gygym ni OB

kung gusto ng bike lane dito sa pinas sa mga bagong development na village, subdivision, town isali sa plan yun bike lanes malabo na yun dito sa metro manila...

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn
    You never cease to entertain me. Do you have statistical data to support your claim that bikes are obsolete?

Have you watched the 2012 Olympics opening ceremony? Did you noticed how bikes were used in the performances? And why did UK choose Bradley Wiggins who rang the ceremonial bell? He is a big sports hero for winning the 2012 Tour De France. I'm assuming that since you've been to Europe, you know how big cycling events are celebrated. I guess your tourist guide did not mention that to you?

Bikes were not meant to replace horses. Cars do. There's a reason why horsepower, not bikepower, was meant to measure an engines power. I sure hope you know what the word "car" came from?

And since you are a gym rat, what's the most ubiquitous bike variant you see inside?

BTT. I still don't see that bike lanes will fit into Manila streets. Having said that, bikes are certainly not obsolete and can still be useful elsewhere where there are less motor vehicles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

waiting for OB's reply.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower

You never cease to entertain me. Do you have statistical data to support your claim that bikes are obsolete?

Have you watched the 2012 Olympics opening ceremony? Did you noticed how bikes were used in the performances? And why did UK choose Bradley Wiggins who rang the ceremonial bell? He is a big sports hero for winning the 2012 Tour De France. I'm assuming that since you've been to Europe, you know how big cycling events are celebrated. I guess your tourist guide did not mention that to you?

Bikes were not meant to replace horses. Cars do. There's a reason why horsepower, not bikepower, was meant to measure an engines power. I sure hope you know what the word "car" came from?

And since you are a gym rat, what's the most ubiquitous bike variant you see inside?

BTT. I still don't see that bike lanes will fit into Manila streets. Having said that, bikes are certainly not obsolete and can still be useful elsewhere where there are less motor vehicles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    eto ang mga gusto ko sagot. Intellectual

pero alam ko next evo ng bike, yun segway.

sa age ngaun where most people are eating saturated fats, bike will be obsolete bec the joints and poisture of the body will not accept anymore the bike motion. Parang pag SWAT, pag binigyan mo yan ng sword sa battle, and engage them in front warfare, wala na sila

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Nabuklat ko sa files ko. I took this picture when I was studying in Japan. A year ago lang ata ito.

Sa Japan, bicycles are supposed to on roads but they build sidewalks like this from time to time.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    Nabuklat ko sa files ko. I took this picture when I was studying in Japan. A year ago lang ata ito.

Sa Japan, bicycles are supposed to on roads but they build sidewalks like this from time to time.

Ayos ito sir. dito sa pinas nauubos na sidewalk due to road widening projects.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post

This is the proper type of safe bike lanes. BUT given we have narrow sidewalks and congested streets, there is no space left to have dedicated bicycle lanes in Metro manila.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

no place for bike lanes sa ating sidewalk, naunahan na ng mga sidewalk vendors.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    tsaka kahirap talaga turuan din ang ibang pinoy....one time nagpunta ako fairview, may isang mama na nagbibike sa main highway eh may bike lane naman sa gilid with proper marking to identify it as a bike lane. ayun nakikipagsabayan si manong sa mga 4 wheels.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast