New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually, it was a book, then a radio play in 1938 (which brought panic to most of the USA), a movie in the 1950s then in 2005.

Full circle na itong story and it would do injustice to HG Wells kung binago pa nila ang ending. The story was about survival.

If anyone is interested in listening to the radio cast of Orson Welles during the 1930s that scared half of the USA, download the MP3 at http://sounds.mercurytheatre.info/mercury/381030.mp3

Its about 27MB.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Great special effects! But I find the plot a bit trivial, I appreciate the human relationship/survival aspect of the story though and I would agree with bluebimmer, that basement scene was way toooo looooonggg. And I thought these aliens were intelligent, why didn't they use heat sensors and the like to search for warm bodies? And they died because of our own micro organisms? Baka iba ang blood type nila, di compatible sa atin

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I won't be suprised that alot of the forumers here don't know the book and 50's flick.

Know your history young people.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    i was able to watch the older war of the worlds when i was a small kid..mas ok nun cos i only understand violence hehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in the book... it was explained quite clearly...

the germs / bacteria emanating from the decomposing carcasses (of people killed by the aliens) was the one that infected them... they were "unsanitary" to say the least.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    napanuod namin ito ng kuya ko...okay naman siya...sabi ng kuya ko halos napattern daw sa novel...isip ko lang kung andun siguro ako baka namatay na ako...yikes...hehehe...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Recommended pa bang panoorin? I have yet to watch it.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Field Master
    Recommended pa bang panoorin? I have yet to watch it.
    IMO... yep...

kahit hindi THX ang cinema... oks naman... the effects aren't that as heavy as say... LOTR or Jurassic Park.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I liked it. I was disappointed with the weak science in the movie, but after you realize that Spielberg was trying to be as faithful to the book as possible, it's excusable.

It's more a survival horror movie than action, so you should adjust your expectations accordingly before you watch it.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    in the book... it was explained quite clearly...

the germs / bacteria emanating from the decomposing carcasses (of people killed by the aliens) was the one that infected them... they were "unsanitary" to say the least.
    and in the book, it was funny din that they did not do research to check for earth-only bacteria. the main character in the book was surmising that the martians were probably quite advanced in the sense that the martians eradicated bacteria from their planet already, and lacking knowledge about the nasties here, they fell victim.

aliw sa book when the main guy actually turned over the freaking-out priest to the aliens so that he (main guy) could be saved. hahahahaha.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
War of the Worlds - Da Mubi