New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Give a little background, I can't say employer is wrong, since we don't know the context or what really happen.

But it's Employee's responsibility to file the leave in advance.

Fix date naman yun graduation date.

It's unfair to solicit reply without the whole picture.

If employee don't agree then resign and look for a new job. That simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like this answer, it's suave, cool level headed. If I may add.... after you resign kick this heartless, orphan, no-family value monster

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Only fair naman.

If you're sick, ok lang. Hindi naman pinaplano yan (except for Sick leaves used to go to the doctor pero by appointment naman pala)

Pero pag ganitong bagay (like a graduation), hindi pwedeng biglaan... Nakakasira ng schedule and sets a precedent for others
    Mayroon namang two weeks ahead mag file.

As if I know what will happen in two weeks....

And so I would say, conditionally approved.

Approach me for my final approval two days before the leave.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    pag anak sa una asawa yun graduate pwede ba mag-leave, pero hiwalay na

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 5000rpm View Post
    Yes, employees are filing their leave 3 days in advance prior to the graduation day, upon submitting their leave, employer will go like "graduation lang mag aabsent na? do you really have to attend the gradutaion? kami nga nung nag graduate anak namin hindi kami umattend, if you want to go on leave then you might as well go on leave forever" (in mandarin), employers are taiwanese, and nature of business is manufacturing of furnitures.
    3 days prior... is this company policy?

so, i am curious.
    ilang empleyado ang total workforce, and ilan ang nag-file ng leave?
    the statement lends me to assume, that more than one employee-parent is going to the same graduation.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 10th, 2018 at 12:53 AM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    minsan kawawa din mga employee sa atin. parang mga kabayo na pinapatakbo lang. maybe kaya nag leave nalang yun employee without notice because sa tingin niya hinde siya papayagan ng employer or manager niya.

kung ang reason ng manager is sila nga nag graduate anak nila hinde sila nag attend, eh problema na nila yun ibahin niyo si employee niyo mas family oriented siya and he values the milestone of his kids. kumbaga family first before anything else.

let say this employee eh super dedicated sa work, pag tanda niya at hinde na siya productive, papatalsikin din siya sa company to be replace by a young guy, wala nang say say mga sacrifices niya sa company. where as yun mga important milestones ng family kahit tumanda ka na hanggang hukay dala mo yun mga good memories na yun.

just saying...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Yeah, the boss is not being effective leader...
    to be effective one should think win-win situation, if he just approved the leave, the employee would be happy and the family will be happy too and that would make the employee stay longer and work harder to the company thus win-win... but what he does is win-lose... the employer won by not approving the leave and lose because the employee is not happy and possibly will leave the company...

“ i am free to choose and am ultimately responsible for my happiness...”

If the work environment doesn’t make you feel happy, you should have the courage and be free to choose to stay and not being happy or to look for a new job and be happy....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nobody's indispensable. Wala rin pumipigil sa Employees umalis.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    3 days prior... is this company policy?

so, i am curious.
    ilang empleyado ang total workforce, and ilan ang nag-file ng leave?
    the statement lends me to assume, that more than one employee-parent is going to the same graduation.
    Yes it's company's policy to file a leave atleast 2 days before the said leave, but if leaving for a week or more, they should file their leave a month ahead.. and only 1 employee of the same department is allowed to go on leave at the same time.. as for this instance, only one employee filed a leave..

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    What does HR have to say? Also DOLE regularly visits offices/factories and assuming the inspector is not corrupt, this could come up during those random interviews.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    What does HR have to say? Also DOLE regularly visits offices/factories and assuming the inspector is not corrupt, this could come up during those random interviews.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    HR can't do anything either.. they are bound to whatever decision the top bosses make..

I do understand the employers whenever they deny or question those employees that often file a leave with unnecessary reason, or leaves with common excuses used again and again by the same employee.. although some companies (i think) accepts leave due to the employee having his/her birthday, I would understand if the same will also be denied since you can celebrate it after work or few days in advance.. dito lang ako medyo napaisip.. I mean, they also have their children, wouldn't they feel proud and happy if they have attended their son's graduation? No offense, but.. this is my first time to hear parents say those words and as if they're proud of it na "kami nga hindi kami umattend ng gradutaion ng anak namin.." don't know what their reason for doing so, but using it as a reason to hinder someone from doing so is parang unfair.. dito na din siguro papasok yung "work-life balance"..

Just to reiterate, business is not into emergency response of some sort or anything similar that requires 24 hours operation, and not very specific with deadlines..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast