New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by benchph1
    What are the effects of mydoom? uh i mean what are the symptoms? i really have no idea.
    when your PC is infected by the said viruses, it will start sending email to people on your address book messages with attachments. A copy of the virus is in the attachments. On specific dates, it will do a DOS attack on certain companies online. (Denial Of Service).

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pano kung walang laman ang address book ko? i use microsoft outlook, pero hindi ko ginagamit ang address book nito. pang receive ko lang kasi ang ms outlook. sa webmail ako nagsesend ng email using another account. pero wala rin address book.
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it will still send email at random generated addresses. It will also try to infect other PCs if you are on a local network.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by ghosthunter
    On specific dates, it will do a DOS attack on certain companies online. (Denial Of Service).
    company computers lang ba ang apektado? how about home pcs?
    Signature

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ALL computers are affected.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by shadow
    I'll rephrase it, would you be willing to share the cheat? :-)
    OT: The method is simple. My NAV is a 2000 pirated copy. I run Win 98 OS. My "free" update using the live update of nav expired 2 years ago na.

So the "cheat" is you must download the Virus Definition (Intelligent Updater Only) and before you install it you MUST backdate your PC to within the release date of your NAV. After installation, you can revert back to current date.

How to do this, you:

1) Must have a NAV installed (even the old ones) on your PC.
    2) Go to symantec's download site - www.symanted.com/downloads/
    3) On this site, click the VIRUS DEFINITION UPDATES
    4) Click on the DOWNLOAD VIRUS DEFINITIONS (INTELLIGENT UPDATER ONLY)
    5) Choose the right version of update (mine is win 98).
    6) After downloading it, I backdate my PC (usually just the year...I use 2001).
    7) Open/Run the downloaded Intelligent updater so it would install it on my pc (updates my NAV virus definitions).
    8) After the install, I re-date my PC to current date.
    9) Open the NAV and see your "status of virus update". It should be updated na. Then run the needed test - check for virus, update the rescue disk, etc.

What are the catch.....the intelligent updater is a big file - 3-4MB so medyo matagal i download unlike when I was using the Live Update ng NAV. Nevertheless, it serves me well.

Hope this works for you too.

PS. Got this method from my suking pc technician.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    actually there is an easier way so you can use NAV Live Update for years and years...

BTW, even with updated signatures, older NAV versions will not detect certain types of viruses. I found that out at my shop when some PCs had NAV 2000 while others were using version 2001 or 2002.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    __________________________________________________ _

actually there is an easier way so you can use NAV Live Update for years and years...

care to share how! crossback*sacke.com.ph

kung di pwede, OK lang din!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    heres how: (works with 2000, 2001 and 2002; not sure about 2003 but not with 2004 versions)

I assume you haven't installed NAV yet.

Adjust the year of the computer to 5 to 8 years advance. (So 2004 change to 2010) Install your copy of NAV normally. After the computer reboots, adjust the year back to normal. (2010 back to 2004)

So NAV will not expire until 2011.

If you have previously installed NAV, you must uninstall it first and delete all the folders that contain NAV files. It would also be good to clean out all the NAV related stuff in the registry too just to be sure.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    yeapp ganyan nga...hehe kaya lang i learned it the hard way eh, kasi naka set ng year 2000 un date ng pc ko, kaya expired tuloy ang lumabas hehe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
W32.Mydoom.A*mm and W32.Mydoom.B*mm viruses