New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Question peeps. If you have a house in a village and they are issuing car stickers and they do not want to issue you one because you are not paying your dues (for one reason or another), is there a law that authorizes them to not allow you entry to the village where your house is?
    Last edited by Mguy; January 31st, 2008 at 10:55 AM.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Question peeps. If you have a house in a village and they are issuing car stickers and they do not want to issue you one because you are not paying your dues (for one reason or another), is there a law that authorizes them to not allow you entry to the village where your house is?
    Good day po! Sa pagkakaalam ko po kase depende po yan sa rules and regulations ng isang village...Minsan kase parang pag nasa isang subdivision ka, para kang nasa isang republic eh! Sometimes or most of the time for security reasons na rin kaya di basta-basta nagbibigay ng stickers....

Pero siguro po mas mabuti, bayaran na lang ang mga dues para naman di na magka problema kahit sa village stickers.... Just my two cents po.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in local law, there is no mention of this. but medyo talo ka dyan because of the guidelines covering your village which has direct jurisdiction. not sure ha?

siguro, let's wait for the tsikot lawyers here or guys who have direct experiences in handling these matters.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks.

Well, the reason for not paying the dues is the failure of the association to provide services to the village. Medyo maraming ganoon as protest lang sa inaction of the association. Ewan ko ba pero its seems to be always the same set of officers that are voted in.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Thanks.

Well, the reason for not paying the dues is the failure of the association to provide services to the village. Medyo maraming ganoon as protest lang sa inaction of the association. Ewan ko ba pero its seems to be always the same set of officers that are voted in.
    Naku sir siguro maganda nyan mag sign kayo ng petition kasama ng ibang mga villagers para malakas ang laban ninyo then have it signed by a lawyer.... I smell somehting fishy sa village ninyo tuloy... Not good!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May I know the name of your village? Sounds familiar kasi.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks.

same here bro.
    i have not been paying my AD for the past five years already. it is because

a) our village has been maintained by the city government (friendship routes, lighting, even garbage). the only thing that the association provides for is security, which is non-existent. hanggang gates lang. walang roving guards. and in fact, talamak ang nakawan. around four months ago, even someone tried to steal our water meter. tapos, every week akong nawawalan ng takip sa gulong.

b) our association cannot provide for an audited FS every year to show the income and expenses.

c) our association too does not provide for an official receipt for collections. puro provisional receipt lang.

d) and one time, while i was playing basketball sa clubhouse, i overheard a village officer saying na kukuha sila ng pera sa office para pangmeryenda.

most of the people there too are maintaining separate associations per subdivisions, pero sa amin wala pa. and most people who do not have their subdivision associations do not pay for too.

i have already talked to a lawyer on this, saying may problema nga yung existence ng association. but if i have to press charges, it has to be a "group" effort where i need to talk to several residents. it will take lots of time for me so tumahimik na lang ako and i stopped paying the dues.

with regards to the sticker rule, i use the las pinas friendship sticker, kaya hindi ako sinisita sa entrance ng village gates.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks.

We are in the same predicament, we have refused to pay our village duties as our very inept village manger still fails to manage the situation of our neighbor who has been parking his car in a very inappropriate manner (blocking our driveway and parking in the middle of the road):

First the village refused to issue us stickers but after we referred to our formal complaint to the association which we have previously filed and their inability to act on it, they issued us the stickers. If we are paying our dues, we have to get what is due in return.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    so according to your line of reasoning (and i refer to those who do not pay their dues) all filipinos can then not pay taxes because basic services are not being delivered by the government and the leadership of the country is not doing what it is supposed to do? so since the same people are being voted to government anyway then we should all just resign to the fact that things will never change?

did i hit you there? i meant to! big jump from a small village to the whole philippines, huh! if all the small communities in the philippines will do as you guys are doing then there is no wonder why the philippines is the way it is.

instead of complaining that services are not being delivered, why not ask, maybe the reason the services are not there is because YOU did not pay your dues.

instead of complaining that the same people are voted into positions every year, why not form your own group, wrestle control and do the things you believe need to be done.

ah yes, but it's the same everywhere. we complain but do not have the care to make the changes. not even in our own little village.

well to answer your question, no they can not refuse to let you in. you live there, you have the right to enter. but they can refuse to open the gate for you. since you did not pay your dues the security guard at the gate can give you a big smile when you come, but he can sit on his ass because you are not paying his salary. you then have to get off your car, open the gate, pass, then get out again, close the gate, then off to wherever you are going. see, they did not refuse you entry. you just have to do it on your own though.

they also do not have any obligation to call the fire department should your house be on fire.

it is not part of the deal either for them to call the police should they hear screams from your house. so what if you are getting murdered. remember you are not paying your dues.

and your garbage can stay there in front of your driveway. you did not pay your dues, so you can stink to high heavens but who cares, you certainly don't. right?

this is you>> << this is me

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Salamat sa insights mo yebo.

Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    so according to your line of reasoning (and i refer to those who do not pay their dues) all filipinos can then not pay taxes because basic services are not being delivered by the government and the leadership of the country is not doing what it is supposed to do? so since the same people are being voted to government anyway then we should all just resign to the fact that things will never change?
    I pay my taxes because basic services are being delivered by the government. I don't pay my dues its because when I was paying, I was being treated as one of those who were not paying. I think you are mixing what is your responsibility as a citizen to what you are as a homeowner. Definitely mas malaki ang weight nung isa. Compare this analogy na lang, if you own a company and the workers doesn't work at all, will you pay their salaries?

did i hit you there? i meant to! big jump from a small village to the whole philippines, huh! if all the small communities in the philippines will do as you guys are doing then there is no wonder why the philippines is the way it is.
    Sorry no, you did not hit me at all. Too far of an analogy. I pay my taxes because the government, no matter how corrupt it is now, gives back, not to me but to the masses.

instead of complaining that services are not being delivered, why not ask, maybe the reason the services are not there is because YOU did not pay your dues.
    I was paying my dues and the service was not there. I'm not paying my dues and the service is still not there. Maybe it would be better if you could be more constructive to tell us what would be a better solution for this.

instead of complaining that the same people are voted into positions every year, why not form your own group, wrestle control and do the things you believe need to be done.
    Inasmuch as you would want this to happen, some people aren't meant to take matter into their own hands. Some people do rise to the occassion, problem is they never get elected. Sounds familiar? You just wonder why those old politicians get voted but do nothing at all. Got a solution for this as well?

ah yes, but it's the same everywhere. we complain but do not have the care to make the changes. not even in our own little village.
    Don't get me wrong. I do care. However, inasmuch I had invested my own money in buying the lot and building the house, I don't give care to a bunch of association leaders who are sitting there eternally making a business out of the association rather looking out for the needs of all who live there, paying or not paying. I care for my immediate neighbors who also don't pay anymore. We look out for each other na lang.

well to answer your question, no they can not refuse to let you in. you live there, you have the right to enter. but they can refuse to open the gate for you. since you did not pay your dues the security guard at the gate can give you a big smile when you come, but he can sit on his ass because you are not paying his salary. you then have to get off your car, open the gate, pass, then get out again, close the gate, then off to wherever you are going. see, they did not refuse you entry. you just have to do it on your own though.
    Nice reply. At least that clears it. Fine by me.

they also do not have any obligation to call the fire department should your house be on fire.

it is not part of the deal either for them to call the police should they hear screams from your house. so what if you are getting murdered. remember you are not paying your dues.

and your garbage can stay there in front of your driveway. you did not pay your dues, so you can stink to high heavens but who cares, you certainly don't. right?
    They won't. Even if I was paying my association dues. As a matter of fact, your very last example was one of the very reasons why I did not continue paying. I had to haul it myself.

This is you>> << this is me
    Yebo, is this necessary? I mean we could not agree in all things but I think this is uncalled for. Ok lang mag-post ka ulit ng ganito if you prove to me that you are a saint. Ok?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Village Sticker