New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    My son recently joined a church choir and wants to hone his skills in his own time.

Looking at the videoke units available locally, prices range from 2k to over 20+k. Can anyone give me the skinny on videoke units?

I'm particularly interested with the Platinum KS10+ Jr 2 or the Reyna. Both are under 5k with the Reyna coming out as the more expensive unit in the duo.

We already have a home theater receiver so adding this will not be an issue.

A feature I might need is the ability to add songs on-the-fly, without having to rely or wait for the latest manufacturer-supplied disks or proprietary file formats.

Now, before anyone goes off half-cocked about the noise, it will probably interest them to know that we have a reasonably sound-proof house and with no one living near us for at least a couple of hundred meters (we're in a compound). Suffice to say, we're not going to bother anyone. Like most, I also get annoyed with barangay videokes, yammering all through the night with "Total Eclipse of the Heart". I know enough NOT to make the same mistake.
    Last edited by oj88; August 27th, 2017 at 01:25 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    My son recently joined a church choir and wants to hone his skills in his own time.

Looking at the videoke units available locally, prices range from 2k to over 20+k. Can anyone give me the skinny on videoke units?

I'm particularly interested with the Platinum KS10+ Jr 2 or the Reyna. Both are under 5k with the Reyna coming out as the more expensive unit in the duo.

We already have a home theater receiver so adding this will not be an issue.

A feature I might need is the ability to add songs on-the-fly, without having to rely or wait for the latest manufacturer-supplied disks or proprietary file formats.

Now, before anyone goes off half-cocked about the noise, it will probably interest them to know that we have a reasonably sound-proof house and with no one living near us for at least a couple of hundred meters (we're in a compound). Suffice to say, we're not going to bother anyone. Like most, I also get annoyed with barangay videokes, yammering all through the night with "Total Eclipse of the Heart". I know enough NOT to make the same mistake.
    if he is serious, he might inquire at the UP college of music. i think they have non-curriculum short courses...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if he is serious, he might inquire at the UP college of music. i think they have non-curriculum short courses...
    It's really more of a hobby than a vocation for now. It's not to say that there's no chance of him going all the way. Voice lessons might still come later if he indeed decides to be serious.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^^

My wife bought a "magic-sing" unit for 25k about 2 years ago. Comes with a lot of songs, 2 wireless microphones (one has the master remote), a charging dock, HDMI cables, and a thick booklet of song titles.

Okay naman for home use.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^^

My wife bought a "magic-sing" unit for 25k about 2 years ago. Comes with a lot of songs, 2 wireless microphones (one has the master remote), a charging dock, HDMI cables, and a thick booklet of song titles.

Okay naman for home use.
    Yeah, but I'm afraid Magic Sing is way up there, being an established brand. But I don't think I'd spend anywhere near that much.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    I bought a wow grand videoke unit about 2 yrs ago. It was for my dad who was supposed to use the machine as part of his speech therapy regimen (his speech was affected when he had a stroke). So far it's still works very well and i'd say its relatively premium price is worth it naman.

Its price point is relatively similar to magic sing's but they say its more durable since its korean made. Updating its repertoire is also a synch since they sell chips for more recently released songs. You can also use a usb to make song choices more contemporary

when you look into the abyss, the abyss looks into you
    Last edited by baludoy; August 29th, 2017 at 08:10 AM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hmmm I have at home this setup, an audio component system, a microphone, a laptop and internet connection (youtube). Videoke all the way!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    madaming HD videoke pieces sa youtube.. chromecast lang sa tv.. ayus na..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    madaming HD videoke pieces sa youtube.. chromecast lang sa tv.. ayus na..
    Lakasan echo then medyo nagfefeedback paminsan minsan to get that genuine videoke-for-rent feel haha.

I also have the hyundai pro something player sa bahay. pero ayun nakatago na lang kase i settled dun sa youtube videoke.