New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    From the TS's post, I assume he's not in Manila (or the Philippines). Anyway, i see nothing wrong in taking a picture of TS's car..even with the plate number visible in the picture...sorry...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by christel_chops View Post
    From the TS's post, I assume he's not in Manila (or the Philippines). Anyway, i see nothing wrong in taking a picture of TS's car..even with the plate number visible in the picture...sorry...

Normally it is nothing wrong with taking a picture of a car.

Unfortunately such pictures can end up in bad places or worst, in the hands of criminals. It is almost like having your picture taken by a complete stranger (without your expressed permission) for whatever purpose he may think of.

Personally I prefer any pictures taken of my car would have my permission, otherwise I would have the same sentiments as the TS, I would like to have the pictures deleted from the camera.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by christel_chops View Post
    based on your post I assume you have never had a car stolen from you? or have been slandered on the internet? or have had his identity stolen? there are many posibilities that he can do with the picture that has my license plate number. remember, my license plate number is my identity, as it's connected to my home address, my social security number, my driver's license #, and my driving record. to me, my safety and the security of my family take precedence over any of his darn constitutional rights.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i did not get enough sleep last night. i stayed in the living room while my son and wife were in the bed room. na double check ko at naka deadbolt yung mga locks sa baba namin at sa taas. yung automatic garage ko naka disable at naka manual lock kagabi. nagbantay ako hawak ko yung "bakal". paranoid? you bet i am. naka park din ako ngayon sa ibang parking garage (farther than my usual parking area). it's an inconvinience, but at least mas secure yung parking ko ngayon.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    grabe naman yan naging effect sa'yo

ba't di mo na lang tinanong kumbakit nya piniktyuran? say for example, bro may car ka din katulad sa'kin? or walang bang royalty yan pag ginamit sa magazine? in that way, you disarmed him kung ano talaga motibo nya kahit papano

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    grabe naman yan naging effect sa'yo

ba't di mo na lang tinanong kumbakit nya piniktyuran? say for example, bro may car ka din katulad sa'kin? or walang bang royalty yan pag ginamit sa magazine? in that way, you disarmed him kung ano talaga motibo nya kahit papano
    sir, paranoid lang kasi nanakawan na ng kotse at pati identity ko ninakaw. you would not believe my ordeal that I had to go through to clear my credit record. at saka malay mo baka may relative sya na ang trabaho ay sa department of motor vehicles. call me paranoid, but i was just exercising precautionary measures.

tinanong ko siya kung bakit nya kinuhanan ng picture ang harap ng car ko kasama na ang license plate number ko. kung binigyan ka ng sagot na, "it's my right under the constitution to take any picture i want..." instead na "i like your grille" or "i like your head light lenses and fogs" sino ang hindi magiging suspicious? lalo pa siang nagmatigas noong sinabihan ko sia na ok lang mag take ng pics pero di pwedeng kasama yung license plate number ko.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Identity theft can either be very serious, or very lame.

I've seen my photos being used by someone else on the internet posing as me. (You know who you are... XXX-888... ) I let that pass, let poseurs be poseurs... but pictures of your car can be used for many different things... EBay scams... Craigslist scams... insurance scams... etcetera. If it were an artsy fartsy front 3/4 shot... maybe harmless... but a straight, face-on shot with the license plate? Why?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I dunno, I've been using a pseudonym for 5 years now yet they still believe it's a real person
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Kung ako kukuha ng litrato ng kotse at masama ang intensyon ko, kukuhanan ko yun ng patago, yung walang nakakakita. Madali namang gawin yan using telephoto lense o yung mga concealed camera.

Since sabi nya right nya under the constitution na kumuha ng pic ng kotse mo, sana kinuhanan mo na rin sya ng picture nya para pag may nangyari na hindi maganda, madali na lang trace kung sino may kagagawan.

Para sa akin mas risky pa yung ginawa mong confrontation, baka merong back up o kargado yung tao, o na agitate mo kung ano pa gawin.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Sana kinunan mo din picture ang kotse nya. Follow the golden rule. Do unto others after others do unto you..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Very weird kanina a (someone taking my car's picture)