The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ 15k is brand new ?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Is this Hidalgo, Quiapo Price or Mall price? Also is there a price difference between the black and other body colors?
    TipidPC.com pricing.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    TipidPC.com pricing.
    Thanks for the heads up!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mukhang maganda nga yun Canon. I think that will be my next cam.

on topic: when I was in Sydney, misan sinisita rin nila yun mga naka DSLR sa Bondi beach since I think bec primarily it can really zoom in sa mga nag sun bathing so privacy rin ng mga beach goers, but pag P&S cam wala naman problema. sa mall naman dito I really haven't experience it since hinde naman ako nagpipicture sa mall unless sa mga resto lang and yan pag meron pang bisita lang.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Minsan sa MOA, sa SM furniture store, binawalan kami mag take ng pictures. Ayaw pakunan yung mga naka-display na furnitures.......

6. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Regarding the prohibition on the use of DSLRs in certain places, the main reason is security (as mouthed off by security guards, hehe) followed by copyright infringement. In all Ayala malls I've been to (Greenbelt, Glorieta, Trinoma, Serendra), I've been generally left alone by the guards as long as I don't shoot photos of strangers (people not in my party), stairways/escalators/elevators, entrances/egresses, storefront displays, and places such as camera domes, fire exits, admin/security doors, and the like. And that is with me using a Canon 50D with battery grip with a Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 lens. That's a relatively big and quite attention-grabbing sized gear. But despite that, by staying out of grey-area situations, I was generally left alone.

There was an issue of Digital photographer Philippines, about 3 or 4 four issues that tackled the issue of the legality of taking photos (using a DSLR) in certain places.

Ayala malls are quite lax, just don't shoot the places I mentioned. Bonifacio and Eastwood are also a bit lax, though getting a permit would help guarantee that you don't get embarrassing encounters with a few overzealous security people (the permit could be for as long as a week, even up to a month, renewable). SM Malls require a permit, which you need to procure from their admin office. The cities of Makati and Manila also provide permits, which you can show to city authorities if you are doing street photography (this is needed whether you use a DSLR or a P&S). Don't ever try taking photographs of the LRT and MRT (guards tehre are very antsy) unless you have a small camera and a big heart. Shooting with a DSLR there WILL get you in trouble. But if you really MUST shoot... again, get a permit.

BTW, don't bring a camera if you plan to watch a movie, it's a surefire way to get riled up, especially if you are particular about leaving your expensive stuff with the guard, which you will have to... In SM, they have a locker and they issue a numbered pass for you to be able to retrieve it, and they go through a quite tedious process of itemizing the contents of your camera bag and you signing off before they give you the pass.

And BTW, a friend has asked for permits a couple of times already to shoot in Bonifacio, SM, and Ayala Avenue... and he never had to pay anything. All you need is to provide your personal details, the purpose of your shoot, validate yourself with a valid photo ID, and sign a waiver about not using the shots for commercial purposes such as advertisements.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
using d/slr's prohibited ?