New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Veterans break past World War II Memorial barricade

Nearly 70 years after WW2, and these guys are still kicking ass

Sadly me nakikisawsaw na pulitiko. imho, that's a WW2 memorial -- veterans and family only, the rest go home!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    If that happens here, I don't think there's going to be a big difference.... LTO, always offline, senate and congress, at least half the people are asleep or playing games.

And don't get me started on PNoy. ;)
    I like your thinking. Might as well have a government full of clowns or mimes .........

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    People blaming only the tea party and libertarian party are kinda like drug addicts throwing tantrums at another person for refusing to give them money...
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Politically Speaking UPDATED: King helps vets push past barricades at shuttered D.C. memorial

There was an interesting scene Tuesday morning at the World War II Memorial in Washington. A bunch of elderly military veterans, some Iowans among them, pushed past barricades that were placed at the memorial as part of the partial government shutdown that began today.

U.S. Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, was among the people cheerleading the vets.

King tweeted this message, which included a link to him smilingly holding hands with a veteran: "Proud of Story Co, IA #WWII veterans at the Memorial. They were locked out. We opened it 4 God Bless them."

But the sole Democrat running to replace King in Iowa's 4th congressional district, Jim Mowrer, was critical of King's role at the monument.

"He didn't help those people, because he was the one who put the barricades up. I'm guessing he didn't point that out to the veterans who were visiting Washington and wanted to see their national monument," Mowrer said in a Tuesday afternoon press conference in front of King's Sioux City office.

One report recounted that the veterans "ignored National Park Police instructions not to enter the site as lawmakers and tourists cheered them on." For some of the elderly visitors, it was perhaps a last chance to see the memorial, so they weren't about to let a shutdown of some services prevent them.

King, a six-term congressman, apparently played some sleight of hand to help the crew: "As Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa, distracted a Park Police representative, other lawmakers and their staff helped topple the metal fences."

The Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument in D.C. are also currently barricaded.

The two chambers and the President couldn't get on the same page, so there is no funding for the federal government for the new fiscal year that began Tuesday. The Republican-controlled House and Democratic-controlled Senate remain at odds on passing a continuing resolution, which would fund the government at the same level as the year that expired.
    Meanwhile, nationwide surveillance takes precedence over other services...
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    I was in a meeting earlier when I saw on a screen that the US government shut down forcing around 800,000 workers to go on unpaid leave and medical research, pensions and other expenses will be put on hold. The shutdown was caused by their politicians who are currently having a major disagreement and cannot resolve their differences.

After seeing that, I called up some brokers to ask about stocks and other instruments, rates, exchange rate... Boy... Strange times indeed though I guess they had it coming. It makes me also wonder if the Philippine government might face a similar situation with all the corruption scandals it is currently facing.

What are your thoughts on this?

My thoughts? ... this is the best time for the British to claim back it's American colonies....

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    or...

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    the shutdown for me is the cost the US has to pay for being at war for the longest time now and trying to hold the prestige of being the one of the strongest militaries in the world is putting a strain on their economy.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    #shutdown

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Anu-ano kayang National Parks ang nakasara?

Wawa naman ang nagtu-tour ngayon ng US....

21.2K:tomato:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT
    Anu-ano kayang National Parks ang nakasara?

Wawa naman ang nagtu-tour ngayon ng US....
    lahat ata nakasara. I have a friend who posted yesterday that even the Grand Canyon is closed.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast