New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    He hasn't paid his tuition...kala ko UP "scholar"? Isip SC lang itong tao. Living beyond his means...

Photo plagiarist said financial woes made him steal pic | Lifestyle | GMA News Online

Photo plagiarist said financial woes made him steal pic
    September 24, 2013 9:14pm

The 22-year-old amateur photographer who has come under fire for submitting somebody else's work as his own to a photo contest said he was forced to commit plagiarism because of financial troubles.

In a report that aired on GMA's "24 Oras" Tuesday, Mark Joseph Solis, a graduate student at the University of the Philippines in Diliman, said he wanted to win the photo contest organized by the Chilean Embassy because he wanted to help support his family and pay household bills.

"Hirap din [kasi kami] sa buhay. Minsan gusto mo rin ng gamit kahit papaano, minsan kapos sa pang-tuition. In fact, hindi pa ako nakakabayad ng tuition ko sa UP. [Gusto ko ring] makapagbigay ako sa pamilya ko," he said.

"Sorry po sa nagawa ko, kay Mr. Smith, sa Chilean embassy, sa UP dahil nadadamay sila dito [at] sa iba pa na nasaktan ko. Humihingi ho ako ng dispensa," he said.

In the same report, Solis admitted that he submitted another photo that was not his own for a contest sponsored by the Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process (OPAPP) in 2011.

In a statement posted Tuesday on the agency's website, Atty. Jomer Aquino of the OPAPP Legal and Security Unit said that OPAPP is already conducting its own investigation to determine whether Solis also plagiarized the photo he submitted to win the contest.

"Let it be known that Mr. Solis also won in the 'Say Peace Photo Contest' sponsored by OPAPP in 2011. OPAPP is now conducting its own investigation in order to find out whether Mr. Solis has committed same infraction in the said contest. If proven guilty, OPAPP will not hesitate to exercise legal options to rectify the wrong done by Solis," Aquino said.

Solis said he is willing to return the prize money he won from the OPAPP contest.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^ayos ah. paboritong linya ng mga corrupt - "the end justifies the mean"

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Bilib ako sa tigas ng apog neto. Hayup..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    He hasn't paid his tuition...kala ko UP "scholar"? Isip SC lang itong tao. Living beyond his means...

Photo plagiarist said financial woes made him steal pic | Lifestyle | GMA News Online
    Throw him in the slammer, returning the prizes is not enough. He shamed his school and us Filipinos.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

5. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    kay medardo na mapupunta ang prize. pero double check din nila just to make sure.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post

Someone posted this on FB in reply to that. It's public so i guess it's fine to post it here:

Maricris R. Valte:
    is watching Mark Solis' interview on GMA News TV, where he claims that money problems forced him to resort to misrepresenting himself. I want to puke! I've seen his house in Las Pinas and the venue of the GMA-7 interview doesn't look anything close to his house. He has more expensive gadgets than I have! I challenge the fact-finding committee of UP to investigate his and his family's lifestyle. At magkano ba naman ang tuition fee sa UP? Mas mahal pa yung Docksides niya kesa sa 3 units, at mas mahal pa ang i-pad niya kesa sa 9 units sa NCPAG! Besides, akala ko ba teaching assistant daw siya ni Alex Brillantes? That entitles him to free tuition, may stipend pa siya!

Utang na loob, sobra-sobra nang pang-iinsulto sa katalinuhan ng ibang tao ang ginagawa niya. Kabataan at mahihirap, ininsulto pa niya! Pati nanay niya, nakisama pa! What kind of values do his parents -- his elders -- teach him?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    Speech of UP scholar Mark Joseph Solis

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmnUC08n3NA]SPEECH of PLAGIARIST UP student Mark Joseph Solis in photo contest of Chile. Plagiarism - YouTube[/ame]
    "Recognising his speech," "things will get better at the end of the day," and "the Filipino nation is a nation of heroes" are things that I picked up from his speech and my thoughts for him:

A. We recognise that you stole someone's copyright. The crime is not really plagiarising but plain-as-day copyright infringement. RA 8293 of which UP supposedly excels in. If I represented your school, you would be expelled and all honours and recognition given you be taken back.
    B. I hope you get better in your thinking that you can get away with a white collar crime.
    C. You just embarrassed your country and a nation of heroes for having a criminal in their midst.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    akala cguro ni marc solis hindi siya mahuhuli dahil 2006 pix pa ung ni plagiarized niya.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    mukhang magaling din magpalusot yan.
    tsk tsk.. veterano na talaga sa mga gawaing kalokohan
    shoot to kill na yan
    bago pa makapanloko ulit nyahahaha

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Political Science Graduate

Cum Laude ng Universty of the Philippines Diliman

Iskolar....

Future pork barrel addict...