New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do you react like Anup did?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I react like him

1 12.50%
  • No, I think first before I do something

7 87.50%
  • I don't know.

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Enjoy reading

The train has started moving. It is packed with people of all ages, mostly with the working men and women and young college guys and gals. Near the window, seated a old man with his 30 year old son. As the train moves by, the son is overwhelmed with joy as he was thrilled with the scenery outside..“See dad, the scenery of green trees moving away is very beautiful"This behavior from a thirty year old son made the other people feel strange about him. Every one started murmuring something or other about this son." This guy seems to be a krack.." newly married Anup whispered to his wife.Suddenly it started raining... Rain drops fell on the travelers through the opened window. The Thirty year old son , filled with joy " see dad, how beautiful the rain is .."Anup's wife got irritated with the rain drops spoiling her new suit.Anup," cant you see its raining, you old man, if ur son is not feeling well get him soon to a mental asylum..and don't disturb public henceforth"The old man hesitated first and then in a low tone replied " we are on the way back from hospital, my son got discharged today morning , he was a blind by birth, last week only he got his vision, these rain and nature are new to his eyes.. Please forgive us for the inconvenience caused..."

The things we see may be right from our perspective until we know the truth. But when we know the truth our reaction to that will hurt even us. So try to understand the problem better before taking a harsh action.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    w007 first! well, who wouldn't be?
    Damn, son! Where'd you find this?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    When I was still a kid travelling with my parents, I actually love watching the tress move away from us. It keeps me from being and bored and the green trees refreshes the eyes.

I wouldn't react like Anup did. I'm not that rude.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    nah, i would not react like that... its pretty harsh and down right bratty.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Anup pa ba masasabi ko kay Anup? Pahiya siya ano.............

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ang rude naman ni Anup .

I wouldn't react that way. Eh kahit nga sisikan sa LRT papuntang Baclaran dati eh di ako naiirita eto pa kaya.

I like the story. It teaches us to appreciate the simple things in life that we sometimes take for granted.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    he he he, yong iba kasi mabilis magreact,hayon, supalpal tuloy

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    in that case, mag react man ako sasarilinin ko na lang.. sino ba naman mag aakala na nabulag ang isang 30 yrs old..

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I hate to analyze posts like this because it tends to make me look like a dick. But, it's what I was trained to do as a weather guy.

Quote Originally Posted by chilli View Post
    Enjoy reading
    The train has started moving. It is packed with people of all ages, mostly with the working men and women and young college guys and gals. Near the window, seated a old man with his 30 year old son. As the train moves by, the son is overwhelmed with joy as he was thrilled with the scenery outside..“See dad, the scenery of green trees moving away is very beautiful"This behavior from a thirty year old son made the other people feel strange about him. Every one started murmuring something or other about this son." This guy seems to be a krack.." newly married Anup whispered to his wife.
    It's a behavior of joy. Why would it make people feel strange? Most people are more understanding than this. At worse, people might think he's a city dweller who's never been to the countryside. But, it'd be nothing to be alarmed about.

Suddenly it started raining... Rain drops fell on the travelers through the opened window.
    When I think of a train, it has glass windows. The son wouldn't have needed to open windows to see outside. A train in motion moves quite fast. More than likely, the windows would've been closed because the wind would've messed up the interior. In any case most trains have A/C and heating. So opened windows like those in love story movies aren't likely to happen.

The closed windows would've made complaining about the suit irrelevant. As for the son, there's nothing in his behavior that would alarm people. My daughter often makes much more of a scene than the son in the story. And still people didn't mind. As I said earlier, most people don't complain about joyous behavior. They like seeing happy moments. It's like laughter. When people are laughing, I start laughing too even though I don't know what they're laughing about. I see it all the time whenever I ride an airplane. There's always first timers going ooh and aah as they looked out the window.

It would be a different if the son started swearing or threatening others. But, the moral of the story would also be totally different.

Continuing on.....
    The Thirty year old son , filled with joy " see dad, how beautiful the rain is .."Anup's wife got irritated with the rain drops spoiling her new suit.Anup," cant you see its raining, you old man, if ur son is not feeling well get him soon to a mental asylum..and don't disturb public henceforth". The old man hesitated first and then in a low tone replied " we are on the way back from hospital, my son got discharged today morning , he was a blind by birth, last week only he got his vision, these rain and nature are new to his eyes.. Please forgive us for the inconvenience caused..."
    Where have I seen people this inconsiderate? Quite frankly, I can't remember and I've traveled a lot in my lifetime thus far.

That's why my wife doesn't tell me stories. I tended to shred them apart and she wanted to strangle me.

But yes, I do get the moral of the story. I would pick a different setting like say, one of those old Pinoy buses with wooden window covers instead of a train which have glass windows. Hmmm. Strange that I should mention that. When I was thinking where this story would most likely happen, the name Philippines came up and a jackpot alarm went off in my head, "DING DING DING DING DING DING DING!"
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; March 23rd, 2008 at 09:38 AM.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    personally i dont react at a bad attitude right away, i somehow understand the whole scenario first before making a harsh judgement=)

ot: on a traffic situation, when i am on the turtle pace side i used to get irritated a lot, but calming down and mellowing seems to be a better way than raising up your blood pressure, understand the whole scenario first, then after a thorough comprehension make your statement and let it be heard=)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Understand and then React