New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Hello! Napunta lang ako sa site forums na 'to dahil may thread about rat problem sa bahay. I have the same problem. Sobrang napapraning na ako. Today I bought racumin bait, tracking powder, at ung sticky paper. I'm gonna have a baby on June so seryoso talaga ako sa pag dispatsya sa mga daga dito! Ewan ko kung nagkaron na kayo ng same problem, pero sobrang dami talaga nila! Yung malalaki, no prob kasi hinuhuli sila ng aso ko sa garden, kaso yung mga bubwit inside the house, kahit umaga nakikita ko sila! Wala namang rats dito dati kaso siguro dahil sa change ng environment at matagal din anming naiwan ang house na walng tao, nagmultiply sila! Feeling ko thosdands na sila! I dunno pero kasi diba sabi sobrang bilis nila mag reproduce?!

So ask ko lang kung pano gamitin yung racumin tracking powder, at reviews nyo tungkol sa ultrasonic rat repellent? gano kalaking area ang kaya niya icover? kaya ba nya ang mga 300 sq.m? and safe ba sya sa dogs? saan ako pwde bumili noon? at any other tips para malis ang mga daga dito.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The problem you have is mice... not rats.

You can try calling a professional pest exterminator.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymeeliz View Post
    So ask ko lang kung pano gamitin yung racumin tracking powder, at reviews nyo tungkol sa ultrasonic rat repellent? gano kalaking area ang kaya niya icover? kaya ba nya ang mga 300 sq.m? and safe ba sya sa dogs? saan ako pwde bumili noon? at any other tips para malis ang mga daga dito.

Dogs will be irritated by the ultrasonic pest repellent.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Also you could try yung binebenta sa ace hardware..Digital pest repellent by JDM ba yun..Safe DAW sa pets yata but harmful sa hamsters, tarantulas, guinea pigs..Dunno kung magkano eh..It turns your house daw into a digital pest repelling whatever..

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    kung bubwit lang maganda na yang baygon sticky paper maglagay ka ng bait sa gitna.. every night makakahuli ka ng 2-3 bubwits per paper. maglagay ka sa madalas nila daanan.. kung seryoso ka damihan mo na ang paper halos lahat ng sulok ng bahay lagyan mo..

yung racumin track powder sa mga malalaking daga ko pa lang nasubukan effective naman ihalo lang sa bait, after ilang days may mangangamoy patay na daga na hehe napagod na ko kaka abang sa kanila para barilin ng airgun gabi gabi kaya nag racumin na lang ako hehe

mabilis talaga silang dumami.. kung suko ka na sundin mo na advice ni sir GH call the professional pero ganyan din gagawin nila dagdag lang sila ng mouse trap..

dagdag ko lang.. kung sa para sa ipis naman gumanit ka ng baygon "blatanet" yata yun. nakalagay sa syringe, food ng ipis yun effective din

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If you have a pregnant woman in the household, you might not want to spread rat poison all over the place. And if you have a child in the house, you definitely don't want racumin dust all over the floor.

Snap-traps are messy. Avoid.

Cage traps are effective, but I don't know if they build them for smaller rodents. They have them for big rats.

Sticky traps are still the best. The Baygon stuff (with the yellow backing) is still more effective than most of the other products out there, as it's very difficult for the mice to escape. Bait it with something smelly. Lay down multiple traps in multiple locations... If a mouse hits one and manages to wriggle free, they will learn to avoid that spot from then on.

-

One interesting way to trap mice that we learned about by accident? Having food waste at the bottom of a swing-top trash bin. Mice can get in... but they can't get out. Won't catch all of them, but ours caught a heck of a lot of mice back in the day.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Usually ginagawa ng mom ko if you're planning on using cage traps, burn the damn thing in hell using the gas stove.. Pero sir di madali ang prob mo ah..I can't imagine having mice all over the house, yung tipong gusto mo ng maghagis ng granada..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    One interesting way to trap mice that we learned about by accident? Having food waste at the bottom of a swing-top trash bin. Mice can get in... but they can't get out. Won't catch all of them, but ours caught a heck of a lot of mice back in the day.
    Happened to me too. Had a large plastic pail with some food at the bottom. A few scraps of 2x2 wood long enough to reach from floor to the lip (serves as a path for the mice). By morning, a few mice were in the large pail. In two more days, it got more mice. The mice could not get out because the sides were too high for them to jump and too smooth for them to climb.

-----------

I also discovered that contact cleaner spray is a good way to kill by asphyxiation because it is heavy and displaces the air at the bottom of the pail. Mice dead in under five minutes after initial spray.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Happened to me too. Had a large plastic pail with some food at the bottom. A few scraps of 2x2 wood long enough to reach from floor to the lip (serves as a path for the mice). By morning, a few mice were in the large pail. In two more days, it got more mice. The mice could not get out because the sides were too high for them to jump and too smooth for them to climb.

-----------

I also discovered that contact cleaner spray is a good way to kill by asphyxiation because it is heavy and displaces the air at the bottom of the pail. Mice dead in under five minutes after initial spray.
    Can that work with rats as big as adult cats?

Pwede din kaya yang ultrasonic rat repellant sa warehouses?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Can that work with rats as big as adult cats?

Pwede din kaya yang ultrasonic rat repellant sa warehouses?
    The trap relies on the mice not being strong enough to tip the can over or to push the lid open from the inside (for the swinging lid type). A cage trap is still best for big rats... but if you have rats the size of cats... well... time mend the holes in your walls... ...then stock up with ammunition and an air rifle.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Ultrasonic rat repellent? rat problem!!!