New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Siguro pero kung mangyayari iyon, hindi lang sila magiging kasing lakas sa ngayon pero hindi naman din sila babagsak na parang status ng Pilipinas. For as long as the Feds are patching up things steady steady pa yan hehehe. Tignan mo nangyari sila ngayon ang World's Competitive Economy: http://in.reuters.com/article/busine...30250520071031

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If the US does head for a meltdown, it's bad news for all sorts of imports especially cars. It's happened in the past when times were hard and "Buy American" was the rule. You would not want to be seen driving a "foreign" brand. Guess, we'll keep our Ford a little longer just in case.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    With the subprime loan fiasco,high oil prices,home foreclosure,CPI,WEAK dollar.Dow jones and consumer spending are down. I hope we're not heading into recessions.As long as the feds cut the rates and inject more billions of funds to the banking system.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Is the U.S. heading for a meltdown? Perhaps.
    Is it going to happen soon? No
    Will the U.S. (and its allies) allow this to happen? Of course not.

The complexities of the United States economy is as complex as any economy around the world. All economies have its high and low times. And right now, the US is experiencing a bump. A slowdown in economy is more precise than saying that the US is at its phase towards folding up. Remember, the World Bank is always headed by an American, IMF is always Western European, and ADB is always Japanese. As far as I know, if ever it comes to that stage, the entire world we be severely affected in a big way. Just my 2 cents.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    Am having a strange gut feeling about this too. Was also talking to some real estate people and the FilAms they normally rely on to buy local real estate are pulling out of their reservations. Would like to hear how it is going in the U.S. too from our kababayans out there. Am sure the weak dollar affects them tremendously.
    No its not. I myself own two real estate property here in the U.S never felt any impact or they so called recession. I believe this only for those people overseas that constantly send thier money to the Phils.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    No its not. I myself own two real estate property here in the U.S never felt any impact or they so called recession. I believe this only for those people overseas that constantly send thier money to the Phils.

There is an actual home/real estate crisis in the US right now. I just happen to be in one of the states (AZ) that aren't affected. Other states doing fine are NV, UT, and the other Rocky Mountain States.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

IMO, the economy of the US is resilient enough to withstand such external and internal pressures and is ready to re-invent itself anytime.... (They're just waiting for the next election....)

4909:coffee:

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Meron na signs of slowdown.

Hindi na basta basta nagpapautang ang mga banks nila.

the banks wont even lend money to each other coz they dont know if they will be paid back. And the banks are hoarding cash coz they have done some very stupid things like buying mortgage-backed securities which are now totally worthless. They are taking billions in losses.

If banks wont lend to each other, lalo na they wont lend to consumers.

Now the US Central Bank has stepped in making money available for banks to borrow.

The Fed is flooding the financial system with cash.

No wonder the USD keeps on losing value. They is way too much USD in the world and the FED is pumping out more.

China already has 1.3 TRILLION USD in their banks. What the hell are the Chinese gonna do with 1.3T USD?!

Kung natatakot ako bumaba ang value ng $20 sa wallet ko, pano pa ang China? hehe
    -----------------------------------------------------

Americans have been living beyond their means for a long time. And it is catching up to them.

They have borrowed money using their homes as collateral to finance their lifestyles. They cant do that anymore coz the banks wont lend them money na.

Many have bought homes thinking they can resell them later for profit. They are simultaneously paying multiple mortgages. Now the value of homes have dropped. They are stuck. They are so screwed.

Mortgage defaults, credit card defaults. Rising food prices, fuel prices...

Expect the first few months of 2008 to be bad for the States.
    Last edited by uls; December 20th, 2007 at 11:23 AM.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    Am having a strange gut feeling about this too. Was also talking to some real estate people and the FilAms they normally rely on to buy local real estate are pulling out of their reservations. Would like to hear how it is going in the U.S. too from our kababayans out there. Am sure the weak dollar affects them tremendously.
    The Fil Ams are cancelling their reservations here coz meron sila cash flow problem.

madami natamaan ng subprime.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mmmm.....
    kaya siguro nagtaas na rin sila ng singil sa visa application dito by $31.
    kailangan na nila gumawa ng bagong income?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Is the U.S.heading for a meltdown?